don't click here

THE KEN PENDERS CHRONICLES: a man you Ken DePenders on

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by The KKM, Jul 7, 2010.

1. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Never read the comics but now I feel sorry for those who did.

How could that ever pass as official Sonic artwork?

2. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Those were dark times.

3. Hukos

Hukos

I'll still say #25-#75 was fantastic and won't hear anything to the contrary. :colbert:

It was just everything else afterwards was a cancerous trainwreck until Ian took over.

4. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    Nay, sir, I would say #47-96 (with a few bad, admittedly) were for the most part very good, at least story-wise. Artwork-wise, unless it was drawn by Stephen Butler or FRY, yeah, it was pretty sickly.

Oho, man, it didn't start getting REALLY bad until post-100. That was Da Vinci compared to some of the atrocities they unleashed. Not to mention, issue #105 is probably the worst story this side of fan-fiction that Sonic has ever been associated with.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Even as one of the most undiscerning kids in the world at the time, I couldn't stand Ron Lim.

5. Hukos

Hukos

Ron Lim's artwork was so bad it gave me cancer.

True story.

6. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Oh I was around for the Ron Lim era don't you worry. That artwork in addition to the stories were just attrocious. It's why I watch all the comics off of youtube now because they got enough of my money as a kid on that crap.

7. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

You and me both, brother :ohdear:

I can count the worth-while stories between 100 and 125 on one hand....

8. Tylinos

Tylinos

Make that 100 to 159 and that jumps to a whole two hands. Maybe three! Years of quality for the comics.

9. Retroman

Retroman

Ken deserves money within reasonable quantity. Not to his amount demanded, but how much he didn't get payed.

It's not like he's suing SEGA. Sega already have their knickers in a panty... knickers in a tie... whatever it is!!!!

If Ian made a characters which he did like Tiger the Tasmanian Devil (OMG HERE COMES THE PREACHING MORONS!) then he'd at-least think of it and be pissed.

Edit: OH GOD DR. QUACK AND HIS CYMBAL-FACED INSTRUMENT/MOUTH!

But Ken got paid actually. He would have signed a contract. Unless the contract doesn't mention ownership, then he's got a leg.

I just want Ken to suck my dick like a good old whinebaby so he can shut the fuck up.

User has been banned for this post.

Reason: Vulgar and Offensive. Get the heck off Sonic Retro you weird, random internet loser!
    -ShatteredSun

10. The KKM

The KKM

Welcome to the nExt level Member
    Portugal
    IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog comic books
    Ken IS suing SEGA. His case is dependent on the result of the Archie one, so it's frozen.

And Ian DID create characters, more than just Thrash. He's working on a licenced product. Really doubt he feels any more inclination to agree with Penders. You don't get to make Cap'n Crunch Comics and then run away with the rights to Original Character Pap'n Crunch, Cap'n Crunch mysterious father who looks like Cap'n Crunch in a bathrobe.

11. Techokami

Techokami

For use only on NTSC Genesis systems Researcher
    HoleNet!
    Sonic Worlds Next
    Ahh, Ron Lim. You are excellent with comic book humans, yet you can't draw cartoon animals for shit. [​IMG]

12. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Oh my god, seriously.

[​IMG]

Kill it with fire.

13. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    compared to the sonic giant eyeball of doom in the corner of that panel though that tails is downright on model

14. Tylinos

Tylinos

[quotename='Ken Penders']One thing no one will be able to accuse me of is any riffing on anything Trek or Star Wars or some other highly visible property. THE LARA-SU CHRONICLES will be its own unique world as Echydnaopolis and other aspects are being completely redesigned.[/quote]
    Bolding added by me. I can't tell if that's a typo, or if he's implying he's calling his characters Echydnas to avoid trademark confusion with Sega. If he is, then at least he's finally learned something after years of saying his characters are nothing like Sega characters.

15. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Bolding added by me. I can't tell if that's a typo, or if he's implying he's calling his characters Echydnas to avoid trademark confusion with Sega. If he is, then at least he's finally learned something after years of saying his characters are nothing like Sega characters.
    [/quote]
    I still want to see what he's going to do about Angel Island and the Chaos Emeralds.

16. The KKM

The KKM

Welcome to the nExt level Member
    Portugal
    IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog comic books
    He already said what he's gonna do.

Avoid any mention of either.

17. Can't he just call them the Quantum Gemeralds or something? It's not like plot devices in the shape of magical gemstones aren't uncommon.

18. TheInvisibleSun

TheInvisibleSun

OVER THE TOP TECHNO-BLAST Member
    Buffalo, NY, USA
    The Water
    And how exactly will he avoid mentioning Angel Island when explaining the characters' background, and their world in general? As I recall, it's pretty integral to those characters.

19. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

Maybe go back to calling it the Floating Island? It was called that for years in the comics, and is more a generic description than anything copyrightable.

20. TheLoz

TheLoz

UK
    Learning