don't click here

Sonic Generations Hacking (and More!)

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Andrew75, Jun 23, 2011.

1. S0LV0

S0LV0

Sonic Generations Helpdesk Tech Member
    Spagonia
    Abusing SMPS
    I definitely get what you're saying, and I can try to put more focus into making remixes with such a mentality when I've had more lessons in music theory. :eng101:
    I'm not exactly sure what you mean by that, but I'm sorry it didn't suit your tastes. :(
    I know what you mean with the strings, they are a bit generic. I have a good solo violin library for Kontakt, but for some reason it has problems doing short stabs and glitches up unless all of the notes are leading into one another; that's the reason I didn't use it. I might look around for better violin libraries/VSTs.

I'm using FL Studio, by the way.
    I never really get requests, so I'm flattered. I'll gladly take a request too, but keep in mind it'd have to be a song I know and that I'm still very much an amateur; can't make any promises.
    Sorry about that, the samples were my way of throwing in some creative spice. It might not make the most sense in context of a "Classic" remix, but mashing things together is all I knooow! .w.[hr]Thanks for the feedback guys! From what I've gathered, my track seems to be very hit-or-miss, and that's alright. I might go back and redo it at some point, either tweaking it or starting over entirely, but for now I appreciate everyone who took the time to share their opinions.

2. synchronizer

synchronizer

By chance, is the solo violin library part of the factory library, or are they different? I happen to use Vienna Instruments Solo Strings, and I find that it's very versatile and transitions between notes naturally. I hear that Cinematic Strings 2 and LASS are also good alternatives.

By the way, maybe we should make a new thread. I almost forgot that this is the Sonic Generations HAcking topic. Ha.

3. Andrew75

Andrew75

Technical Artist Member
    Project AXSX(Sonic Xtreme) + Misc Projects
    I'm looking for a remix for Sonic CD's Palmtree Panic Zone, or Collision Chaos ( this is for my Fangame Sonic CD remix)
    And now this is way off topic ....oops.. maybe PMs should suffice if your interested.

4. S0LV0

S0LV0

Spagonia
    Abusing SMPS
    I think the library is called "Stradivari Solo Violin." I know there are a lot of other good ones, so I'll have a look.

OH YEAH, this thread is for hacking. Might want to move this convo to a better location then.

5. I thought this comparison picture comes from here somewhere.
    (huge) http://i4.minus.com/iBpUTRXLnZzpU.jpg

6. Tiller

Tiller

HDK & World Runner
    Hey guys I can't seem to find a mod to get rid of the white noise boost filter that drowns out the sound. Searched the thread and the internet. Anything like that exist and could someone give me a pointer? I've had enough with not being able to hear the music while playing.

7. Dude

Dude

Tech Member
    Southbridge, MA
    Random VR/AR trash
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Got blend materials working! We're still working on this, promise!

8. Faseeh

Faseeh

I've not found out too, but if it's really annoying you, I suppose it could be easy enough to do. It's just a matter of getting the WAV out from the ADX/AAX and export them in mono and then recompiling it and stuffs. I could do it I guess.

Also, I finally did a White Space for Frog Forest.

http://youtu.be/1J7t-0QLAqo

(a bit old, I just never got approved till now so here)

9. So, I finally figured out GIA, and wrote up a guide about it on the wiki. Hope this helps people that have problems with GIA.

Link: http://info.sonicretro.org/SCHG_How-to:Import_Levels_Into_Sonic_Generations#Global_Illumination_Ambiance_.28GIA.29

10. Paraxade

Paraxade

Awesome! That's a lot of information though, makes me think it might be worth splitting off into its own article. It doesn't really belong in a basic "how to import levels" tutorial...

11. brianuuu

brianuuu

Sonic Colors Porting
    That's exactly what I've done but I failed...maybe it's because I was using the old Sonicglvl
    I think I will give it a try again, but what is the maximum no. of maps I can render?

12. Faseeh

Faseeh

Oh wow, nice, Sky!

Is it from the video tutorial I linked to you?

(Also, before any of you try to go find it, a bit of a warning, it's from the Speed Highway guy. Someone linked to the tutorial to me in the first place so yeah.)

Also, I've been working with Daku Neko on this:

http://youtu.be/xIBEG2wO_F8

Hope it's cool! I sorta need people to test out physics, any one up for it? I'd like feedback on that too. :I

13. StR Speedy

StR Speedy

Starlight Carnival
    Colors Porting
    So, I've been polishing up this level import I've been working on, and I have a problem: The size of the level file is way too big! Most of the common levels and even some other imports have sizes that range from 1,500 KB to ~6,000 KB; the size of my level file is well over 90,000 KB! Can anyone give me some possible causes to troubleshoot so I can shrink this massive file? The sheer size of the file makes it nearly impossible to test the level.

14. Azu

Azu

I must be stupid. Member
    They'll get that big. Mostly due to the collision file. Sonic Unleashed project over a 1gb. That is if you make the collision files from the mesh itself.

15. StR Speedy

StR Speedy

Starlight Carnival
    Colors Porting
    Is there a better way to make the collision file? Or at least a way to make any playthrough of the stage run smoother?

16. Harmony Friends

Harmony Friends

it's the whole gang Oldbie
    hay sonic retro melptronto and I made a good stage for you
    we workd hard on it plz don't be mean

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FFBAfx67TA

17. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Please tell me the secret of your musical talents.

18. S0LV0

S0LV0

Spagonia
    Abusing SMPS
    I no his secrt.

he uesis eff al staedium

shh

19. Faseeh

Faseeh

The music is too damn soft in the video :P

Also trying to do what everyone has done at this point but eh, it's a track I like and so wanted to see what I could do with it. Feedback appreciated as I do feel it could get quite better and stuffs! I do plan to revamp it a bit (especially the ending) anyway so yeah, your feedback would be helpful!

Do take note I'm still not really good (nowhere near as cool as Kat/Falk/Hinchy/insert music name) but yeah, just gotta keep trying.

and I present to you. Red Mountain. CLASSIC STYLE.

https://soundcloud.com/gottagofas/red-mountain-classic

20. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Sounds almost like Crash Bandicoot music.