don't click here

General Project Screenshot/Video Thread

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Tweaker, Jun 26, 2008.

1. TheInvisibleSun

TheInvisibleSun

OVER THE TOP TECHNO-BLAST Member
    Buffalo, NY, USA
    The Water
    Amazing; I'm very interested in what project will come out of this...

2. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    You're never going to finish this are you?

3. Dr. Mecha

Dr. Mecha

Dallas, TX
    3d Models
    I agree with Hez; I'm losing patience on that Hack of yours.

4. Cinossu

Cinossu

Administrator
    London, UK
    Sonic the Hedgehog Extended Edition
    Oh, this one will be finished, believe me. People tend to forget I have actually finished hacks before. :P (S1SAGE2010? Omochao Edition?)

Sorry dear, but I really don't care. When it's ready, it's ready. Oh, and this isn't Extended Edition, so herp.

And, to keep this on-topic,
    [​IMG]
    You'll only see this in one place.

5. RetroKoH

RetroKoH

Project Sonic 8x16
    This isn't really hacking related itself, BUT it is in relation to Sonic Triad, which IS a hacking tool. So...After the private release of Sonic Triad v.03 last year, I got some feedback and suggestions for various features and additions. ONE of which was an image converter. I've recently gotten back to work on Triad, and have something to present. Obviously its a little difficult to show that this is legit, and not a mockup, but I can't screen record so you are out of luck as far as a video goes. Anyway, behold... I guess:

[​IMG]

Excuse the lazy placement, and everything being barebones, this isn't meant to be beautiful. Only meant to function. The counters will be moved to the bottom of the screen in the final build, so they can be viewed properly.
    I swear to christ this is not a mockup. The only thing I did add to the picture was the line, and bolded text for description. Everything else is as it is in the program. If I could screen record, I'd prove it. Still struggling with screen recording ATM.

Now, I'm sure you are asking, where is the rest of Triad? THIS is a standalone image converter that I put together over the last couple days, that will be ported over to Triad after completion.
    It will be finished soon, and can convert a .png into Mega Drive compatible colors. As you can also see, it will NOT affect transparent pixels, though I will add a feature to make these opaque, with any color one wants.

When this is finished I plan on releasing it in its open source form, so that any of you may use it for your own purposes. NOTE: You'll need Game Maker 8.1 to use the open source, but you won't need anything else for the .exe.

6. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak

2 Edgy 4 U Tech Member
    O'Fallon Mo
    Sonic 1 Game Gear Disassembly
    Seeing this post inspired me to work on a new hack. Here's a screenshot a sneak preview of what's to come soon... :v:
    [​IMG]
    Yes the "C" in the HUD will be replaced as well as the G in the life counter hud and Sonic's palette, it's late right now and I'm getting sick so I got a bit lazy with that. :\

7. Cinossu

Cinossu

Administrator
    London, UK
    Amazing. More, please.

8. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
    I love u
    -fhqwhgadshgnsdhjsdbkhsdabkfabkveybvf

But seriously, this has made my day.

9. GT Koopa

GT Koopa

Elgin, IL
    Flicky Turncoat DX, T.L.W.S. Vs M.G.W.
    [​IMG]

A, B, or C?

10. Dr. Mecha

Dr. Mecha

Dallas, TX
    3d Models
    Out of the three, I choose B.

11. RetroKoH

RetroKoH

Project Sonic 8x16
    A. Would love to see more to accompany this though. It looks a bit bland and generic by itself.

12. GT Koopa

GT Koopa

Elgin, IL
    Flicky Turncoat DX, T.L.W.S. Vs M.G.W.
  13. Animemaster

Animemaster

Prison bitch! Member
    UK
    Sonic 1 Revelation
    Maybe like Sonic Labyrinth sprites or something.

14. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

The Sonic Crackers HUB sprites would likely be ideal.

15. synchronizer

synchronizer

You'd need new sprites to accomodate the different perspective on the floor.

16. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

[​IMG]

Seem to fit pretty well to me.

17. Cinossu

Cinossu

Administrator
    London, UK
    I quite like how that looks with those Crackers sprites. Do it. :U

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lt7dC8eCWZk[/youtube]
    A perfectly ordinary Sonic 1 ROM Hack.

18. Selbi

Selbi

The Euphonic Mess Member
    Northern Germany
    Sonic ERaZor
    I hate you. With all my hate. So much hate. I can't even tell you how much I hate you right now, because I'm so filled up my hate. God, if only I could describe my hate. It's like, the hate itself hates to hate right now.

Well, at least it wasn't a complete replication of SONIC.EXE. In that case, my hate would've killed you already. :P

19. Cinossu

Cinossu

Administrator
    London, UK
    :U give it a bit, and you'll be able to hate unrestricted; it's not finished yet

20. Truner

Truner

Cinossu, I love you forever. :D

I'm like "okay, that looks pretty much like Sonic 1 to me" and then you activate the monitor and my favorite creepypasta is right in front of my eyes. The music is awesome.
    Is it possible to finish the stage in the twisted world? Also a suggestion:

The more Nega Rings you collect, the more twisted Sonic will look (after 50 Nega Rings, he would look exactly like the sprite you had in your signature). Maybe some other way to defend yourself so it's not OHK from beginning to end? And don't forget the random screen glitches. D:

I can't wait for this to be finished, damnit. :(