don't click here

The Supreme Topic of 'Other' Knowledge.

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by McGuirk, Jan 10, 2007.

1. Beedlee

Beedlee

Funny, I did a video of this Glitch a whole year before, I doubt I was the first person to discover it though and I won't be the last.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7e8OG29AXz8

2. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    Interesting. I would have thought the wall would crush you, especially in the Taxman Build as happened in the vid I posted. Oh well.

3. 0:21 -- Sonic goes too fast and dies because of screen boundary. Players rage right after :v

This is quite interesting.

4. dsrb

dsrb

You jest, right? I think it's just clueless editing whereby the players' actions have no relation to the footage of the game, which almost certainly was recorded elsewhere and just dubbed in.

5. BlackHole

BlackHole

England
    Complaining
    Wait a minute...
    [​IMG]
    I was aware of the Michael Jackson and Santa shoes...but I've never heard about the Clinton Inspiration...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6D9h-4vQUHM
    3 minutes 45 seconds in, there's the inspirations including Clinton, but was it ever mentioned before this? As I've genuinely never heard about the Clinton aspect before now and I'm wondering what I missed if so...

6. Uberham

Uberham

King Of Oblivion Member
    Wonder if Amy has a dress in her freezer.........

7. Mercury

Mercury

His Name Is Sonic Tech Member
    Location Location
    AeStHete
    That's the first (and only) source I've heard the Clinton thing in, myself. I'm pretty sure he's just using Clinton as an example of American can-do attitude; I doubt he's suggesting Sonic was inspired by Clinton in any sense beyond that.

Oh, and hey, I wrote a Blog Post about mentions of Sonic in books I've found over the years.

8. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Not to mention that Clinton didn't become a worldwide superstar until he became a President in 1993..

9. BlackHole

BlackHole

England
    Complaining
    Pro'ly why it was unheard of until now, then.

10. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
  11. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
  12. Jason

Jason

Forever and ever and ever ago is 34 minutes ago in my time zone.

13. MainMemory

MainMemory

Kate the Wolf Tech Member
    SonLVL
    Sonic 2's debug mode is its release date, and Knuckles in Sonic 2's debug mode is Sonic & Knuckles' release date.

14. Jason

Jason

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HY-03vYYAjA

Never occurred to me that any of the codes would have any numerical significance. I don't know why.

15. Mercury

Mercury

Location Location
    AeStHete
    Yes, but we still don't know what 4 - 1 - 2 - 6 means and it bugs the hell out of me.

16. Didn't someone find an interesting bible passage using those numbers a while ago? It had something about 7... something becoming one... I don't really remember, but it was something that made you think about Sonic becoming Super using the 7 Chaos Emeralds. Could be just a coincidence, of course.

EDIT: The closest thing I could find was Genesis 41:26: "The seven beautiful cows, and the seven full ears of grain, are seven years of abundance. And so the force of the dreams is understood to be the same."

EDIT: Wait, there's also Job 41:26: "Even if one strikes at him with the sword, it cannot get any hold, nor does the spear, the dart, or the javelin." - Someone said this could be Super Sonic, since he's invincible and all.

17. MainMemory

MainMemory

Kate the Wolf Tech Member
    SonLVL
    How about 01, 06, 07, 07, 07, 02, 01, 06 (KiS2 Emeralds code)?

18. Mercury

Mercury

Location Location
    AeStHete
    Well, it's equal to $1000000.

19. Fred

Fred

Taking a break Oldbie
    Portugal
    Sonic 3 Unlocked
    Holy shit, mindblown.

20. BinBowie

BinBowie

Na Zdrowie! Member
    USA
    Has anyone noticed the screenshots on the back of the North American case of Sonic The Hedgehog for the Genesis?

The HUD in every screen shot reads out "Ring" instead of "Rings", and on the top screenshot, on top of the loop is an invincibility monitor instead of a shield monitor.