don't click here

Sonic Dash, on iOS & Android

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Feb 26, 2013.

1. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    Not happening. Sega's hurting for cash right now, there's no way they'd pass up charging for an Instant massive seller like this. They'd be stupid to charge more than a buck, though.

2. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    No they aren't, Sega Sammy had quite a bit of cash to spend back when they bought Relic earlier this year, and seemingly they still do.

3. Stritix

Stritix

iOS games usually get released a few weeks after their announcements. A few days is quite rare.

4. The KKM

The KKM

Welcome to the nExt level Member
    Portugal
    IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog comic books
    I'm actually quite curious about this, I keep hearing both things- that SEGA/Sammy is in loss of money (mostly because of Sammy), and that SEGA/Sammy are doing fine. Do we actually know what's going on?

5. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    SEGA Sammy had two billion in cash reserves when they bought Relic. Unless they decided to spend all that money on cocaine, they're fine. IIRC Sammy is doing really well in Japan because of their Pachinko machines and SEGA is the one in trouble.

6. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Gameplay:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucbhL3kubVQ

It will be released at midnight for two bucks.

Also, it's already out in New Zealand: https://itunes.apple.com/nz/app/sonic-dash/id582654048

7. Rosie

Rosie

aka Rosie Member
    He rolls to defeat enemies? Series redeemed. I may well pick this up, as while it's a shame it's not free, it makes sense from a business viewpoint to charge for it as most people would rather play Temple Run either way, but Sonic fans will gladly pay a few quid/dollars/goats for it.

8. The KKM

The KKM

Welcome to the nExt level Member
    Portugal
    IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog comic books
    Huh. Wouldn't the success of PSO2 be enough to, if not patch up, at least help balance things for SEGA?

All this speculation and never once have I seen anyone conclude it would basically be the Quickstep segments. Looking good.

9. Candescence

Candescence

Sydney, Australia
    3D Indie Stuff
    ... Oh, dear. I cannot see these touch controls working well at all. At best, they'll occasionally get fiddly and fuck you up without it being your fault. I cannot trust touch controls like this on an iDevice, reliability tends to fluctuate badly, and considering the type of gameplay they're going with, I'm even more nervous.

10. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    Looks like fun. I hope it doesn't take too long to make it to Android devices. I also hope the other characters aren't all clones.

11. BigTheCat

BigTheCat

♥STYLISH SONIC♥ Member
    Man, this looks really nice. Seems like the perfect game to play out on the go. And I love the character roster and rolling, makes me hopeful.

I really hope it makes it to android soon.

12. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
    Eh, I'm a little annoyed that they're charging $2 for it, and still nickel-and-diming you for everything but the base game.

13. Twimfy

Twimfy

UK
    Sonic the Comic stuff
    He runs ridiculously slow.

That ring banking animation is going to get really annoying.

Only positive is the music. Kinda like the techno/drum and base underscore they have going.

I really hope the level changes after a certain amount of time or there are different ones to choose from as that's going to get boring quickly.

14. Solid SOAP

Solid SOAP

Nut Lord Member
    Looks like a cute little game, I won't buy it or anything but it looks surprisingly fun and fluid with good music and animations.

15. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    I'm surprised at how polished the game itself looks. Gameplay may not be anything outstanding, but it does look fun for on the go.

A nice little game. Soon as it's for Android, I'll pick it up!

16. 1stKirbyever

1stKirbyever

Kinda disappointed but I didn't expect anything fantastic since it was labeled as an endless runner. I would pick this up if I had an iOS/Android device. Ah, well.

EDIT: Why not import an endless runner into Sonic Generations? :specialed:

17. Captain L

Captain L

The guy who likes Shadow the Hedgehog Member
    Waiting for the coming of the Great White Hankerchief
    So it looks like Temple Run, but the only difference is that it looks fun.

The only things I didn't like in there were an endless runner instead of separate levels, and quickstepping in midair messes with my vision.

18. Greg the Cat

Greg the Cat

I'm gonna draw it! Banned
    A Zone Unknown of Title
    Comics from the Mind of Yours Truly, A little workshop of animation, Sonic FreeRunner
    Nickle and diming? Try $50 for the whole fucking package. An iPhone game's extra content shouldn't be that damn pricy. Especially when the game already looks like slow Temple Run garbage that as Candescence pointed out must be a hell of a thing to get a handle on.

19. How exactly are they nickle and diming you? You can unlock items one of two ways: collecting rings in game and purchasing them from the store, or by buying them outright with real money. I don't see anything wrong with that.

20. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
    Collecting red rings, which from the looks of things, aren't as plentiful and take a good while to accumulate. It's an obvious ploy to get you to spend money, which might be tolerable in a freemium title, but you already paid $2 to play this game in the first place. If I really wanted to be teased with power-ups that would take a good chunk of time invested in a fairly monotonous activity to unlock, there already exist other, free titles that do that.