don't click here

Sonic Generations Hacking (and More!)

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Andrew75, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Felik

Felik

Hello there!
    Please don't value my question as a request, but I've been qurious for a long time, does Dario and his team have any plans on porting Unleashed's DLC levels?

2. BlazeHedgehog

BlazeHedgehog

A "Community Enigma"? Oldbie
    http://www.moddb.com/mods/sonic-generations-unleashed-project/news/video-of-cool-edge-ported-to-sonic-generations-and-a-very-lengthy-faq-2

It's a shame, though, I wouldn't mind somebody bolting on a spiffed up version of Eggmanland Wii someday :v:

3. brianuuu

brianuuu

Sonic Colors Porting
    I already ripped the whole stage of Windmill Isle Act 2 in Wii, but since I don't have the tool which Russians use, this stage has texture mapping problem and overlapping geometry problems, I hope somebody could help me to fix the duplicated texture problem and overlapping geometry at least......I can rip Eggmanland too =P

[​IMG]

BTW, finally I become a member =3

4. Azu

Azu

I must be stupid. Member
    Post the file and maybe someone can help.

5. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Not yet but glad you're remaining hopeful. :v:

Yeah man, post the file. we can't help if we have nothing to work with.

6. Joe T.E.

Joe T.E.

All life form data, successfully copied! Member
    At my home in Florida
    Big the Cat in Sonic Generations, High-Res HUD for Sonic Lost World, Metal Sonic Lost World (Version 1.0,) Sonic Generations: Episode Metal (Version 3.0.)
    More SSGV6.5 Character Model screenshots:
    (as usual, click the screens to view them at full size.)
    First, here are some updates to the "Modern Amy wearing her Classic Outfit" model.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I ended up using the skirt and shoes from that model that Pexs showed. I had to make a few alterations to them, but I got them to work.

Also, I've managed to make some improvements to the whole "Espio with Knuckles Chaotix styled color-changing skin" model (Which is now "named" 32x Espio.)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The weird bits of odd shading on his head are gone, other parts look a lot better, and I finally got him to work in that Speed Highway Challenge Act (sph205.ar.00 also had the models/materials/textures for the spotlights in it. The materials and textures had some non-standard characters in their filenames, which were causing problems within the Archive Editor.)
    I got your message, downloaded the model, and eventually decided to utilize its shoes and skirt (though I had to reduce their polygon counts, re-rig them, and re-texture them.)
    I chose not to use the head due to rigging problems, along with some annoyances when I attempted to remove the bottom-center quill (In both Classic and Modern, Amy only has 5 quills, not 6.)

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who prefers seeing non-angry/non-serious Super Sonic. :D

7. Pexs

Pexs

Otherwise known as Spex Member
    That looks pretty great, actually! Nice job.

8. brianuuu

brianuuu

Sonic Colors Porting
    So I ripped it using ninjaRipper, when I import the map into 3DS max, I've already made all materials have unique name. However, some materials have the same texture but in different directory

for example:
    mat1
    C:\Frame0000\Tex0000_0.dds

mat2
    C:\Frame0001\Tex0001_0.dds

Tex0000_0.dds and Tex0001_0.dds are the same bitmap

for example 2:
    mat2
    C:\Frame0001\Tex0001_0.dds

mat3
    C:\Frame0002\Tex0001_0.dds

Tex0001_0.dds and Tex0001_0.dds are NOT the same bitmap but have the same name but in different directory

If I export the map now, some of the texture will be replaced cuz the name are the same.

Is it possible to let 3ds max find out if the bitmap is the same and condense the materials? I appreciate very much if anyone could help me on this, because I've quite a lot of different materials but have the same texture in different directory...

The second problem is the overlapping geometries, they shares the same pivot, so I guess there maybe a way to collect the pivots of all objects in a list and then delete duplicated geometries which have the same pivot

9. Azu

Azu

I must be stupid. Member
    There;s a script ton condense material names, but it's crashy at times.
    http://www.scriptspot.com/3ds-max/scripts/material-id-condense

10. Pexs

Pexs

Otherwise known as Spex Member
    Hey everyone. I was wondering, has anyone seen a script that would be useful for creating loops and corkscrew stage geometry? I had seen someone post it a few months back (in this thread, I think). It more or less took a shape and cloned it along a spline along with the texture UVs. Has anyone seen it?

11. brianuuu

brianuuu

Sonic Colors Porting
    This doesn't work at all, it will mess up example 2 because both texture shares the same name but in different directory, the only way to solve this is to check whether the texture is the same, I think there is a function CompareBitmap() but I don't know how to write maxscript

12. Lobotomy

Lobotomy

35% Cognac Banned
    Traverse City
    Project: Matter/Energy
  13. DustArma

DustArma

Santiago, Chile
    Learning Python.
    You shouldn't post this here, but for the record, I completely agree with you.

14. Paraxade

Paraxade

Hey guys, I've made a lot of progress on Kingdom Valley over the last couple weeks, so here's a new video.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrkHfPGa6zE[/video]

15. Joe T.E.

Joe T.E.

All life form data, successfully copied! Member
    At my home in Florida
    Big the Cat in Sonic Generations, High-Res HUD for Sonic Lost World, Metal Sonic Lost World (Version 1.0,) Sonic Generations: Episode Metal (Version 3.0.)
    So, I'm going to start working on Sonic Simulations again.
    To start it off, I decided to mess around with some materials/shaders. As a fun experiment, I made a model based on an old idea of mine:
    Hyper Virtual Hedgehog! Complete with color changing fur, color changing irises, and color changing chest/hand cores.
    [​IMG]

16. StR Speedy

StR Speedy

Starlight Carnival
    Colors Porting
    I need some help with 3ds max. When I try to export my file (a small test level just to practice) as a .scene file, I can't select the file. Is there something that I might have missed? Or do I need to enable something?

17. brianuuu

brianuuu

Sonic Colors Porting
    What do you mean you can't select the file?

18. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    Dude, I'm loving this. I can't wait to see it completed! What's your priority list of things to complete in the level?

19. StR Speedy

StR Speedy

Starlight Carnival
    Colors Porting
    I mean that when I choose (via upper left icon) to export the file, and go into the scenes folder to select my file, none of them show up. However, if I start up 3ds max and choose to load a file, I can see all of my scene files just fine.

20. Paraxade

Paraxade

This is my to-do list is for this level, which is probably at least slightly incomplete: