don't click here

The Supreme Topic of 'Other' Knowledge.

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by McGuirk, Jan 10, 2007.

1. Probably old news, but I was fucking around in the Chao Garden with Tails in Sonic Adventure 2, and I saw that Tails can hang from a ledge, and pull himself up (all with animations) Are there any other animations for Tails that aren't used in the actual game?

2. Rosie

Rosie

aka Rosie Member
    Does Sketchog have an end?

3. Espyo

Espyo

Portugal, Porto, some street
    A Pikmin fan engine - Pikifen (https://pikminfanon.com/Pikifen)
    So, after watching this retsupurae, I noticed the map the LPer shows there features a Crabmeat out of bounds, under the floor after the section with the 1-up on top of a loop. I asked on the wiki, and MainMemory confirmed that SonLVL and SonED2 both show that enemy is there. I couldn't spot it with debug mode, but I blame both the camera and the fact that it probably falls down when it spawns.

So yeah, this might've been mentioned before, but here it is anyway. Also, convenient image.

4. ashthedragon

ashthedragon

Sonic Paradise Researcher
    Spain
    Sonic Paradise & Sonic Ages
    Two things.

1) I've found this in ebay. It's the first time I see a silver cart...might this be a pirate, or something else? I might buy it.

2) I've bough a cart of " Sonic adventure 6" for Game boy. It's just Sonic 6.

[​IMG]

Would you like some cart scan for the wiki?

5. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak

2 Edgy 4 U Tech Member
    O'Fallon Mo
    Sonic 1 Game Gear Disassembly
    I think that cart is part of the Sega Gold Collection, which was exclusive to Australia and said carts in the Gold Collection were silver colored such as that cart, and according to the wiki Spinball was re-released under the collection. So it's not a pirated cart. ;)

6. MainMemory

MainMemory

Kate the Wolf Tech Member
    SonLVL
  7. Tiddles

Tiddles

Diamond Dust Tech Member
    Leicester, England
    Get in an accident and wake up in 1973
    The bombership (be it Flying Battery or something else) in Angel Island has quite a bit more to it that you can't see in normal gameplay, hidden off the top of the screen:
    [​IMG]

The screen boundary cuts it off around where the orange line is across the middle. It looks quite squat like this, but in the game, it's lengthened by repeating the middle 128px chunk a few times.

This is probably well known to people who've browsed a level editor or screwed up the level enough with debug, but possibly not to the world at large - I don't recall seeing it documented anywhere.

8. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Hmm, how about the one in Mushroom Hill?

9. MainMemory

MainMemory

Kate the Wolf Tech Member
    SonLVL
    But... if you saw it in the Chao Garden, isn't that in the actual game? If you're not counting the Chao Garden, then uh, all his animations are unused, since he's only ever loaded in the Chao Garden. :v:

10. Tiddles

Tiddles

Diamond Dust Tech Member
    Leicester, England
    Get in an accident and wake up in 1973
    No unseen bits there, sadly - it all fits on screen. Interesting difference in the way the scene works, though: AIZ has those chunks laid out exactly as in my image at the bottom of the level, and the repeating middle is done with trickery and magic. MHZ, on the other hand, has a long line of repeating chunks stored directly in the layout, and makes no effort beyond that to repeat them - the chunk pattern lasts just about long enough to display the cutscene, after which there'd be a whole lot of nothing flying by.

11. TheInvisibleSun

TheInvisibleSun

OVER THE TOP TECHNO-BLAST Member
    Buffalo, NY, USA
    The Water
    I've always wondered about this, but why does Spring Yard Zone Act 2 have two separate signposts? Sorry if already asked, but this has been bugging me lately...I mean, going into the upper path doesn't necessarily do anything special (other than giving you a few more rings, but even still, that path could have easily spilled into the lower one after that 'ring area').

12. Jayextee

Jayextee

Unpopular Opinions™ Member
    Atro City
    I DONE MAKED GAMES.
    I don't know whether this is why Spring Yard Zone act 2 has two exits, but if you've lost all your rings (due to rollers or such), if you can leap off the curve and get all those rings plus the ones in the upper route, it's an easy 50 for the special stage.

Given that this is the sixth opportunity to enter a special stage and there are six special stages, it looks likely that this was to serve as an easy-in for the last special stage.

13. dsrb

dsrb

There are two exits?

mind = blown

14. STHX

STHX

SEGAAAAAAAAA?!? Member
    The world of Trophies
    Sonic In Mushroom Kingdom
    There are 2 exits in Collision Chaos 2 too.

15. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Which is more interesting when you consider that Collision Chaos is the CD "remake" of Spring Yard...

16. TheInvisibleSun

TheInvisibleSun

OVER THE TOP TECHNO-BLAST Member
    Buffalo, NY, USA
    The Water
    Wow, I didn't know that Collision Chaos Act 2 also had two exits as well! But yeah this is interesting considering the two stages' connection. I wonder if any other stage counterparts bear such close connections?

17. Fred

Fred

Taking a break Oldbie
    Portugal
    Sonic 3 Unlocked
    Well, you chase around a defenseless Eggman at the end of the water stage...

18. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    Tidal Tempest? Speaking of, did you know you can get yourself locked out of the boss?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKdYpvkToaw
    (5 minutes 58 seconds in)
    Robotnik's most nefarious trap yet...

19. Andlabs

Andlabs

「いっきまーす」 Wiki Sysop
    Writing my own MD/Genesis sound driver :D