don't click here

Sonic Generations Hacking (and More!)

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Andrew75, Jun 23, 2011.

1. S0LV0

S0LV0

Sonic Generations Helpdesk Tech Member
    Spagonia
    Abusing SMPS
    >Doesn't give me partial credit for the idea

2. Joe T.E.

Joe T.E.

All life form data, successfully copied! Member
    At my home in Florida
    Big the Cat in Sonic Generations, High-Res HUD for Sonic Lost World, Metal Sonic Lost World (Version 1.0,) Sonic Generations: Episode Metal (Version 3.0.)
    Since we all seem to be talking about Amy, here's an Amy mod of sorts...
    Since I already released Super Sonic Generations V6, I'm working on some more alternate outfits for V6.5
    Here's Amy's alternate outfit. I think you guys will be able to figure out what this outfit is based on. It's not exactly the same as its inspiration, but it's close enough.
    (Also, you can click the images to see them at 1280x720)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I never attempted to make one because I already knew about DarkCatMax's Amy (specifically, an earlier version he made a few months ago. He updated the model/rigging for that new video.)
    Or, he could somewhat fix the dress using the same method I used for Neo Metal Sonic's cape. Have the dress rigged to both the hip bone AND the leg bones, with the leg bones having more priority at the bottom, and the hip having priority at the top. It won't be perfect, but it'll be better than having it rigged to only the hip bone.

3. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    I'm just talking about the poses overall, Sonic's victory poses fit him because its something that he would do for a victory pose. but it just kind of a personal urk when I see a character like Shadow or Amy do Sonic's victory poses because it just doesnt fit their character.

I say in my personal opinion that if your not gonna make custom rank animations for a character your making just map it so that way the D, C, and B animations are only used, those rank animations are generic and can fit almost any character. A and S are just too happy for any other character besides Sonic. (Btw, not directed at you Joe this goes out to all the people who are making character skin mods).

4. Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash

New Lenox, IL
    Generations Level (Experimenting)
    Oh. My. God. Classic Amy is soooo adorable! I really didn't think she'd look too well in 3D, but I guess I was wrong!
    Also, @ Amy mod:
    [​IMG]

5. StR Speedy

StR Speedy

Starlight Carnival
    Colors Porting
    I managed to obtain a copy of 3ds max (finally) because I feel that I have gotten comfortable enough with Dario ff's level editor. However, I am nowhere near the level of skill required to start making levels from scratch, so I wanted to practice 3ds max via creating and inserting objects into the original generations levels. Is there a method to import the levels into 3ds or is this even possible?

6. Paraxade

Paraxade

In SonicGLvl, there's an option under File labeled "Export current scene as COLLADA (.dae)". Do that and then you should be able to import the resulting .dae file into Max.

7. Azu

Azu

I must be stupid. Member
    Actually, don't do that. Unless you want to have over 2 million polygons rendering in 3DS max.Exporting the scene will export the entire level. Giving you at least a 200+Mb dae file. Depending on your system and how much power it has. It can really boggle down your system. Plus, when you import, everything is in quads, basically doubling the poly count. If he wants to grab the levels object's, then he can use he .model importer script that comes with SonicLVL or use the built in on. However, if you need a scale referance then make a box 1x1x1.5 box in meters. You have to change your system units to use meters because that's what Sonic Generations (or the Havok engine) uses as it's measurements.

8. Joe T.E.

Joe T.E.

At my home in Florida
    Big the Cat in Sonic Generations, High-Res HUD for Sonic Lost World, Metal Sonic Lost World (Version 1.0,) Sonic Generations: Episode Metal (Version 3.0.)
    Yeah, I thought you were talking about the rigging.
    Still, you bring up a good point.

P.S. - I'm never going to change the victory poses in Super Sonic Generations. Happy Super Sonic is the best Super Sonic (and it doubles as yet another nod to Sonic 3 & Knuckles)
    Victory poses in Metal Sonic Generations will be changed in a later version.

Thanks. :D

Speaking of that, I made a few changes to the model. I fixed the rigging in a few spots, and I changed a few details (so that they look even closer to the original outfit's design, as shown in her Classic character sheet)
    (once again, click on the images to view them at full size.)
    [​IMG]
    Here, you can see that I added in the shirt's white collar.

[​IMG]
    And here, you can see that the hairband has been modified into a "sash" that's wrapped around her head (along with a minor difference with her back.)

I paid really good attention to that character sheet.

9. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Out of interest, any plans to change the hairstyle?

10. Joe T.E.

Joe T.E.

At my home in Florida
    Most likely not. The idea is "Modern Amy wearing her Classic outfit," rather than "Generations-styled Classic Amy" or "older Classic Amy," but I may eventually "attempt" to change the hairstyle at a later date just to see if I can make it look good.

11. Pexs

Pexs

Otherwise known as Spex Member
    Joe, since we're talking Classic Amy you should give this one a shot: http://i46.tinypic.com/28st179.jpg

I've got a link to the model, if you'd want to take it up.

12. Lobotomy

Lobotomy

35% Cognac Banned
    Traverse City
    Project: Matter/Energy
    Those quills need to be tamed a bit.

13. Joe T.E.

Joe T.E.

At my home in Florida
    Did you make that, or did someone else?

If you made it, feel free to send a link.
    If someone else made it, don't send me a link unless the person who made it is okay with it.

Whenever I'm working with models that didn't come from official games, I'd want to make sure that I have the creator's permission before doing anything with their models.

14. Pexs

Pexs

Otherwise known as Spex Member
    I didn't make it, but the guy who did seems to be fine with it.

I sent you a message.

15. Chris Highwind

Chris Highwind

Statesville, NC
    Slacking
    Anyone got a database of pre-made custom music files for Sonic Generations? I was flipping through the music I had gotten from my phone and noticed I had that Bowser's Road SM64 remix The Alternate Route, and I felt it'd be fitting for Modern Crisis City, but I cba to make it into both a normal music file and a boost music file.

16. StR Speedy

StR Speedy

Starlight Carnival
    Colors Porting
    Ok, so to get a "simplified" version of the level, I need to use the .model importer script, right? How do I need to go about doing this? I'm sorry if this seems like a simple question; I just really don't want to mess anything up.

17. Dude

Dude

Tech Member
    Southbridge, MA
    Random VR/AR trash

What he's saying is that it infeasible to do what you're trying to do. It is better to make simple new levels than deal with the headache of trying to modify an existing one, assuming you want to modify the level meshes.

18. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    Classic Amy modeled on Modern's quills? Surely you jest.

19. StR Speedy

StR Speedy

Starlight Carnival
    Colors Porting
    Ah, that makes sense; I didn't think of it that way. Looks like I have a lot of work/learning to do. Thank you for clearing this up.

20. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Oh I love that for Super Sonic, don't change that.

But yeah when your done with everything else planned for Metal, its not that important right now.