don't click here

Sonic Generations Hacking (and More!)

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Andrew75, Jun 23, 2011.

1. I know this isn't a request thread, but if someone were to port Danica Patrick from All Stars Racing Transformed PC in Generations, I'd shit my pants laughing.

2. SonicHyuga

SonicHyuga

Tennessee
    Sky Rail (Generations) and Aquarium Park (Generations)
    Well I hope this fixes the lag problems some of you were having before:

If not, let me know.

3. Chris Highwind

Chris Highwind

Statesville, NC
    Slacking
    Indeed. As far as I know, Blaze owns an entire freaking car manufacturer as well as a coffee shop, Amy owns a general store, and Vector owns a newspaper company, among others.

4. Sappharad

Sappharad

Oldbie
    OT, but is there a longer version of that Instrumental version of It Doesn't Matter that you used on the title screen?

5. I have an odd problem. My friend was splining our Frog Forest mod, and when he was done and opened it in SGLVL, this error appeared. Have any idea what it could be?

6. StR Speedy

StR Speedy

Starlight Carnival
    Colors Porting
    Does anyone know which of the cannon's object parameters I have to edit to make the cannon aim more or less vertically? I can't seem to snap the cannon out of aiming straight up.

7. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Did anyone ever make a mod to disable the motion blur, or fix the no-automation mod so that levels like Crisis City Modern and City Escape Modern were completable? Just curious, since I'm not sure if I missed these things.

8. Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash

New Lenox, IL
    Generations Level (Experimenting)
    I know this isn't a request thread but.. Seriously, why hasn't anyone done Amy? I remember Deku Neko had a subpar finished one that he didn't release (the one RemixedCereal showcased on his channel) because BoomBoomFP was working on a full featured one. It's been months, where the hell is that? I don't even think they come here anyways though so, whatever ._. I guess I just wanna try and slip the idea into peoples' heads. Also, I think this is my 20th post lol. (edit: 19th woooo)

9. Ayu Tsukimiya

Ayu Tsukimiya

UGUU~ Member
    I'm gonna have to agree.

Amy would be pretty sweet to see done.

10. ShadowsofYesterday

ShadowsofYesterday

I have no idea what's going on. Member
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Sonic and the Magic Hat
    Is it possible to edit Time Break to make everything *but* Sonic slow down (or, you know, to fix Sonic's gravity when using Time Break)? Obviously this would be disgustingly broken in-game, especially since the skill slows down the timer, but I ask for technical reasons.

EDIT: You know, I feel too stupid for bringing up the second topic, so it's now edited out of my post.

11. P3DR0

P3DR0

b0ss Member
    SONIC INFINITY
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dw-vBjCZ3NQ
    It's a shameful recolor of Amy, but it is Amy nevertheless.

Welp, I guess you can try to find Sonic's or last stage's files and change Sonic's speed in it. Not sure if it would work but, if it is something you want to know... Go figure it out.

Huh, I'm not sure if someone did a mod just to remove motion blur, but it is possible if I remember right...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiQGZbHGEFY
    (Couldn't find any Generations' video without the motion blur, but if it's doable in Unleashed, I'm pretty sure it is in Generations too)

12. ShadowsofYesterday

ShadowsofYesterday

I have no idea what's going on. Member
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Sonic and the Magic Hat
    All right, I was just wondering if anyone else had played around with it before I went and tried messing with stuff myself.

13. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Cool, ta. Maybe I'll look into making one myself then. Generations is a pretty game, but I have to run it on a pretty low resolution to get it to run well on my PC. The motion blur is too strong even when the game is running on max settings, yet alone when it's low res anyway.

14. Uno10

Uno10

I guess Tails took over the Pizza Sonic 2 joint after it initially collapsed :v:

15. Azu

Azu

I must be stupid. Member
    It's a shame there's no real Amy mod, because I'd love one, right Joe?=P

16. Chris Highwind

Chris Highwind

Statesville, NC
    Slacking
    Someone order an Amy mod?

17. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkgEun5RsSg

I got really bored, so I did this.

18. Oh god, this reminds me of Sonic 1 Omochao Edition...

19. Beltway

Beltway

The most grateful Sonic fan of all time this week Member
    Sega of Darkest Peru
    Artwork and classes
    Check out the panty shots! WHOA! Though granted Sonic's racecar-esque camera in 3D sections, this is expected. And that's not even going into the victory pose... :P

Out of the few Amy mods that have been attempted so far, this looks like the best one I've seen. Only two problems I have with it though:

1. The voice clips, which seem to be (mostly) taken from Free Riders, which has the extremely annoying, high-pitched Minnie Mouse Amy VA. I'd prefer if they were replaced them with voice clips from Amy's VAs of either the Adventure-era and/or the Sonic X-era.
    2. Since this seems to be a straight model swap with no tweaks to it, you can see Amy's arms/hands clip through her dress/skirt at times. Most noticeable during the victory pose.

On a side note, it's kinda funny hearing Smith's voice coming out of Amy's mouth. lol

I wonder how Amy would look like in Classic Sonic's gameplay-does anyone have a classic Amy model lying around? Although I wouldn't mind if they used (a tweaked "classic" version of) the current model, designwise it's much better than classic Amy.

EDIT: And now I suddenly have an urge to watch all of the cutscenes with modern Amy having Roger's VA. lmao

20. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Yeah you guys have got to do custom poses when it comes to character swaps. not all of sonic's poses fit all characters.

Case in point: DAT VICTORY POSE! :v: