don't click here

SEGA is doing a live stream with a Sonic Team segment

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Jan 28, 2013.

1. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Didn't they intend to make three games when they started the Sonic 4 "saga", though?

2. If I recall, they said "Episode 3 might not happen", not that there wouldn't be one.

3. woun

woun

Change your world Member
    From Sonic Scene Japan: "Nothing new. They talked about Sonic's History."

No announce today, guys.

4. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    FFS already can they just announce what they're working on so we can put an end to the rumors and all this crap? The only Sonic game that's not out is Transformed 3DS, and even that's already broke street date.

When was the last time we didn't know anything about what Sonic stuff was happening?

5. Ayu Tsukimiya

Ayu Tsukimiya

UGUU~ Member
    The period of time after Sonic Heroes and Shadow The Hedgehog's announcements?

6. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Well no you see then we would have known of those two games existences because we knew what they were developing. Currently we don't know what they're developing.

7. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    Currently, they are developing nothing but angst. After all the hype and after actually taking criticism to develop something better, Sonic 4's cliff hanger is the ultimate "Fuck You!" of the franchise. What I don't understand is why they took the time to improve things substantially with episode 2, and just leave it like that. I have officially run out of fucks to give.

8. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    Bah, I don't mind the ending much. I bet they've had problems with the Sonic 4 franchise on the last months of development.

At least now S4 has the best Sonic engine Dimps has ever made (excluding Advances!). I see effort put on the game, finally haha.

9. 360

Light Vision Overdrive Oldbie
    United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    Sega of America made a Hedgehog Day blog post. Sega named the link to that Hedgehog Day blog post Happy Hedgehog Day 3. The blog post featured content on Sonic's tenth anniversary (when Sonic Adventure 2 was released). The Sonic Team live stream specifically featured the Sonic Team staff that worked on Sonic Adventure 2.

I'm calling it now. Sonic Adventure 3 on almost every SKU for holiday 2013.

PS. There's an anagram in the blog post that spells out "red herring". Anyone have any idea what that could could possibly mean?

10. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    I'm pretty sure Sega of America is referencing our favorite ginger who loves to make shit up all the time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3Ng-cZ5tLU

...what? Who'd you think I was referring to?

11. ashthedragon

ashthedragon

Sonic Paradise Researcher
    Spain
    Sonic Paradise & Sonic Ages
    I recorded and uploaded to youtube the entire Sonic Team segment, just in case you want to see it

12. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Or Sonic 4-3.

13. Samurai Echidna

Samurai Echidna

Red herring? Of course! It means our favorite gullible guardian is going to be rebooted as a fish! Quick, someone draw Knuckles with a fish face!

+ - Maybe that line should have been in the Bad Sonic Jokes thread?  

14. Wait... Red Herring is an idiom meaning "something to throw hunters off the trail", and is widely associated with training hounds who were hunting foxes. Foxes, hmm?

New Adventure game confirmed. + - Tails Adventure 2  

15. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    Knuckles in Sonic 4 ep. 3? Makes sense. But the statue is the Sonic Adventure pose, so maybe Sonic Adventure 3... Red Herring. Dangit, Sega, after all these years of leaking your next games, you're finally doing a good job of keeping one secret.

I am all at once proud and being driven crazy.

16. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Her Red Ring: Amy's Shopping Adventure confirmed. :v:

17. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Or if you would all get off the subject of Sonic...

[​IMG]

But nah, red herring

18. woun

woun

Change your world Member
    After livestream put up for sale limited Saturn and Dreamcast watches: http://sonic-scene.ru/jap/?p=129

19. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    [​IMG]

Ring Herder

Pachacamac's first game ahhah

20. nesboy43

nesboy43

S4:E2 had an OK engine in my opinion, but it just seemed like Sonic moved too slowly. When I went back to S4:E1 I realized that Episode 2 does in fact run slower. I guess that having the nicer graphics and presence of tails is what made the top speed more limited. However, Episode 2 does have faster acceleration than Episode 1.

Also, have you ever played Sonic Pocket Adventure on Neo Geo Pocket Color? That engine is very well done IMO.