don't click here

Sonic ERaZor – Fulfilled Edition

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Selbi, Jun 10, 2011.

1. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    $98 was actually mine by the way.

2. Cinossu

Cinossu

Administrator
    London, UK
    Sonic the Hedgehog Extended Edition
    If the problem is specifically the SVN stuff, I'd be happy to pull for you the top revision from your repository.

3. Selbi

Selbi

The Euphonic Mess Member
    Northern Germany
    Sonic ERaZor
    My bad, fixed with annotations.

That'd be only one aspect. Since I didn't plan on doing any Genesis work anymore I'm lacking both tools and patience, which I didn't really want to redownload for this single fix. Not to mention, the fix itself is still very problematic, as I don't like the idea of bringing out a promised update after many months that only contains minimal changes.

Thanks for the offer, but I'd rather keep it as it is, unless I change my mind.

4. WheatThins

WheatThins

Chicago
    Co-Admin at synchan.net
    So the final final release is out, you aren't going to produce the aforementioned one? I need to know before I order a repro cart and send that picture you asked about. It'll be my Christmas gift to myself.

5. Selbi

Selbi

The Euphonic Mess Member
    Northern Germany
    Sonic ERaZor
    Oh Jesus, now I'm feeling bad for abandoning this thing. But yes, I think you are safe to make a reproduction cart. Now that doesn't mean I won't ever pick it randomly up again and continue working, but I doubt it.

6. minichapman

minichapman

I'd like to think I'll be imparting words of wisdo Member
    United Kingdom
    Staying sane.
    It has the MegaGWolf seal of approval.

7. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Just saw that. He definately hates your guts is your #1 fan there Selbi!

8. Selbi

Selbi

The Euphonic Mess Member
    Northern Germany
    Sonic ERaZor
    Now, after seeing that new video of GWolf, I suddenly feel like doing one myself, but would like to know if it'd actually be worth the work:

Would anyone be interested in a video where I play through my own game and do some live commentary, share some interesting trivial facts from the past few years and what not?

That is to say, if you're willing to to listen to my German accent for half an hour or however long it's gonna be (maybe I'd also split it up into several videos).

9. Knucklez

Knucklez

I love 2B 'n' ass. Member
    Sure, why not? A hacker doing a playthrough and commentary of his own hack sure as hell beats some random wannabe who doesn't know a damn thing he's talking about.

10. Cinossu

Cinossu

Administrator
    London, UK
    Sonic the Hedgehog Extended Edition
    Developer-based video playthroughs with insider info are always a treat; I say go for it.

11. dsrb

dsrb

I'd definitely be interested. It might even help me to, one day, become competent at playing it. :v:

12. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak

2 Edgy 4 U Tech Member
    O'Fallon Mo
    Sonic 1 Game Gear Disassembly
    I would love to watch a commentary video, indeed it will be awesome to have one from the hack's creator rather than some random dude. :v: This actually gives me an idea, I might do so if/once I start a major hacking project.
    Also I don't know why but I love hearing different people's accents for some reason so that won't bother me. xD

13. Selbi

Selbi

The Euphonic Mess Member
    Northern Germany
    Sonic ERaZor
    Sonic ERaZor - Selbi's Commentary [Episode 1]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDbM-muk2bo

14. minichapman

minichapman

I'd like to think I'll be imparting words of wisdo Member
    United Kingdom
    Staying sane.
    Really enjoyed it! Hope to see more of these soon!

15. Mercury

Mercury

His Name Is Sonic Tech Member
    Location Location
    AeStHete
    I agree, I thought the commentary was really fun! I'd definitely enjoy more.

16. Selbi

Selbi

The Euphonic Mess Member
    Northern Germany
    Sonic ERaZor
    Sonic ERaZor - Selbi's Commentary [Episode 2]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TbJv1q5_Dg

'Bout fucking time.

17. Selbi

Selbi

The Euphonic Mess Member
    Northern Germany
    Sonic ERaZor
    Heyo, stuff is happening!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnELrosgl3s
    (Dat YouTube thumbnail quality.)

18. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Holy shit! thats awesome. I died at least 6 times when I was fighting that boss the first time around.

19. Selbi

Selbi

The Euphonic Mess Member
    Northern Germany
    Sonic ERaZor
    This was written on October 6th 2013. It was supposed to be a semi-big update for that final revision I promised after the Fourth Public Release, but as you know that never came.

The initial motivation was enormous and I worked on my game for many nights straight. Unfortunately, that motivation died down extremely quickly, leaving me with a bunch of ideas I did not want to work my ass off over nothing. So now I stand here with this imperfect update that's somewhere between major and bugfix, stuck in limbo.

I figured keeping this thing on my hard drive, collecting dust for nothing (which is what it has been doing for the past two or so months at least), I've decided to just release it. Sitting down today, I fixed the final major kinks to make it a fully playable version, so you shouldn't worry about crashes or anything. Still, it's not a perfect and bug-free version, so please only report problems if they are absolutely game-breaking.

Main Changelog:
    • Updated all bosses! — Added a hit counter. — The Scar Night Place Bomb Boss is now the big one from Sonic CD.
    • 200% more explosions! — Also improved camera shaking a lot.
    • Atmospheric Mode has been replaced with Nonstop Inhuman Mode, and it unlocks after finishing the game.
    • Put platforms over the tubes in the overworld so you can no longer accidentally fall into them. (Thanks to MarkeyJester!)
    • Revamped Crabmeat Boss music. (Thanks to Spanner!)
    • Story and tutorial texts have been edited. (Thanks to Kaidan and Abcron!)
    • Bunch of other fixes and small changes, but nothing really noteworthy...

Nothing in here is really worth showing in screenshots. So, check out this video and this new video if you haven't already and make up your own mind.

Download

Not sure if I'm going to submit it to the hacking contest this year, since not a lot has changed since it won the Hidden Palace Trophy two years ago, but we'll see.

20. That's pretty cool. An awesome hack gets an update released on my birthday. I know you didn't mean to, but thanks for the amazing birthday present!