don't click here

SEGA is doing a live stream with a Sonic Team segment

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Jan 28, 2013.

1. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    http://www.sonicstadium.org/2013/01/sonic-team-to-do-internet-live-stream-february-2nd3rd/

Sonic Team is guest starring on an online TV show called Puyo-Puyo on February 2nd/3rd.
    NEW ROBOTNIK'S MEAN BEAN MACHINE GAME INCOMING

2. Don't tease me, man. :(

3. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Offtopic: wasn't Robotnik's mean bean machine an american developed title?...

Well with the previous rumor backing that they were going to show something sonic related in feburary and it is hedgehog day soo...

HYPETRAIN 2013 NOW BOARDING ALL PASSENGERS!

4. JaredAFX

JaredAFX

You telling me a shrimp fried this rice? Member
    Florida
    Downloading megahertz
    Well, considering February 2, 1994 was the release date of Sonic 3 and Sonic 3 was split and half of it was put into Sonic and Knuckles...

GASP

Sonic 3 CD and Knuckles and Knuckles!

Come at me, bro. I can handle one million levels in five minutes.

5. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Sonic 3 and Knuckles Generations/HD would make my head explode.

However I would like to see a fresh idea at the same time. I'm conflicted... Do both I guess.

6. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    I feel like freaking Pavlov's Dog whenever Sonic Team comes out from under their rock.

Sonic Team plays with my emotions.

Aaaaagh.

What is this Puyo-Puyo show like? Is it something that they would make a big announcement on?

7. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
    [​IMG]
    FINALLY

8. nesboy43

nesboy43

I'm hoping for either:
    Sonic and Sega All Stars R
    Sonic The Fighters 2
    Tail's Adventure 2 Wii U
    Sonic 3DS Blast

In all seriousness it does make me happy to know that there should be a Sonic related announcement soon. With Generations being the last main game in the series it seems like Sega can go in any direction they want. There has been rumors (with little to no credibility) of the next game being Sonic Adventure 3, which I hope is not the case. If they were to make some really solid 3D Sonic levels like Zone 2 areas in Generations, I would be ecstatic. However, Generations' low sales numbers makes me realize that the high quality 3D Sonic levels and also Classic arcade style 2D gameplay might not be making a comeback.

Sega has really surprised me with high quality games over the past few years so I am hoping that this new game will live up to the high standards that classic fans like me have. That being said, this could be anything Sonic Team related (who has made non-Sonic games). My highest hopes for a new Sonic game would be a new Genesis styled (like MM9's NES style) Sonic being developed, Sonic Generations 2, or Sega finishing up Sonic X-Treme. As much I loved the throwbacks in Generations, a new classic Sonic game has way higher potential.

9. 360

Light Vision Overdrive Oldbie
    United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    If the game does turn out to be a remake of Sonic 3 and Knuckles in the Generations engine I too would explode in excitement. It's quite possibly the Sonic fan's ultimate dream game. Sega would make a killing on the name alone. I hope to God the announcement is this but I think even Sonic Adventure 3 would be more likely at this point. Or Generations 2. Then again they did clearly state that Generations would be a one-off anniversary game. Given that the game is supposedly hitting next generation consoles (according to the Sonic Stadium rumour) then I think we're probably looking at a reboot.

There's a newish interview floating around (I think it's on Eurogamer) where Iizuka states Sonic on next generation consoles would be a complete reboot. I'm excited to see what Sega announces. It feels like it has been too long since we've been hyped for a Sonic game.

10. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    So apparently this is part of a 24 hour long live stream SEGA of Japan is doing with various games, including a segment with Sonic Team: http://24jikan.sega.jp/programs.html

Other games include Project Diva F, Phantasy Star Online 2, Rusty Hearts, PuyoPuyo 20th Anniversary, Samurai & Dragon and Yakuza 5. I'm not sure if anything will be revealed or teased, it would also be nice if someone could translate the page.

11. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Why reboot now when they finally figured it out for Modern. FFS Iizuka.

12. Jimmy Hedgehog

Jimmy Hedgehog

England - Slough
    Getting the motivation to continue old projects
    It's gonna be another games based in Soleanna where you play as Sonic Man! :v:
    Nah I kid. Still, will be interesting to see what gets shown, if anything Sonic related even does.

13. Crash Mobile

Crash Mobile

Portugal
    SonicKit
    I hope as much as everyone else that they announce/tease/whatever a new main series game but... are you sure? I mean, this could be entirely a huge coincidence. Could.

In any case, should they announce one, having Tails and/or Knuckles playable with their usual abilities would be cool, as long as they have their own special paths through levels as in S3&K. Or they could have their own levels, focused more on exploration (they're better than Sonic for that IMO). Or both. The more paths the merrier. And not just shortcuts, like a lot of the alternative paths in Generations, but more like Knuckles' paths in Angel Island and Carnival Night. Of course, this is assuming they don't do a reboot and Sonic sticks to the Unleashed formula. If they do... well, I'll just wait and see.

Also, a PC version. It's bad enough I never got to play Colors.

14. Rosie

Rosie

aka Rosie Member
    So I've been rooting around in SEGA's ftp files and I think I've found concept for the design of the new Sonic reboot:
    [​IMG]

15. Gettin' real tired of that shit. :colbert:

16. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    Makes sense to me for it to be a reboot. With the Eggmen trapped outside of existance for an eternity, the series as we know it has now never happened. Or at least the sad truth that eggman is gone forever in the current universe.

17. Thorn

Thorn

Tech Member
    Home
    Sonic 2 Retro Remix
    I've got to agree with the first few posts in the topic: while Hedgehog Day may be 2/2 and the stream will encompass that day for some of the world, the stream being set in Japan makes it more straightforward to instead consider that it starts on 2/3 and runs for 24 hours until 2/4, with 2424 being the Puyo number (from what I can see, Japan does place the month before the day in dates). I'm not sure how they can really top the 20th Anniversary game, though, and I do most of my play online with a fan game anyway. In any case, if there is to be a reveal of a new game, I'd be happy with one from either series.

Did I just use TVTropes as a source? Why, yes, I think I did.

18. Lobotomy

Lobotomy

35% Cognac Banned
    Traverse City
    Project: Matter/Energy
    This. Spoilertrolling lost its comedic value after the 48th time or so.

19. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

Eurgh, whenever I hear of a "reboot" it makes me sick. Why can't they just shut up and refine the current experience? A reboot is for when something is in dire need of fixing and can't be altered in it's current form.

Anyway, if the Modern Sonic gameplay isn't a reboot of the way we play the games, then what the hell is??

20. Polygon Jim

Polygon Jim

Eternal Tech Member
    across town from Hinchy
    All the bitches.