don't click here

EGGEN (The EGG-Engine)

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by Damizean, Jan 24, 2012.

1. Azu

Azu

I must be stupid. Member
    I would take a gander at it. Also, why not try UScript, it's like PlayMaker, but more along the lines of Kismet for Unity.
    http://www.detoxstudios.com/products/uscript/download/

You have the register. You can buy or download a Learning version. I'm not if it has limitations, but hey, the learning edition is free.

2. Lobotomy

Lobotomy

35% Cognac Banned
    Traverse City
    Project: Matter/Energy

WHOA WHOA WHOA. Now you've caught my attention!

3. Raz

Raz

USA
    Sweet goodness yes. Yes yes yes yes yes. Yes-yes-yes-yes-yes PLEASE.

The fan gaming community needs a modern base like this to work on.

4. Foxeh

Foxeh

Animator Member
    In the Walls
    Sonic AGES and Writing a documentation for Realms
    I'm really surprised only a few showed interest in playing with this engine. I've been floating around these forums for a few years now and I rarely say anything because I normally agree with everyone's opinions on topics.

Since only a few people showed interest in playing with this engine, I want to raise my hand and give that engine a try! there's been quite a few classic zones I'd like to model out, which in turn gives me an awesome reason to use Maya. Like badnicks or anything sonic 3 related. there's way too many things I'd like to model into this engine

5. Raz

Raz

USA
    I think a lot more people would be interested than this forum topic has exposure to, that's just me though >.>

6. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    This wouldn't be an Android release, right?

7. Raz

Raz

USA
    I'm most interested in the PC engine part. Can pack more assets in :3

8. Tiller

Tiller

HDK & World Runner
    So did anything happen with this? I'm starting to mess with Unity and would love to screw around with this, but it seems the domain expired...and there haven't been any updates in the thread in forever.

9. Damizean

Damizean

As classic as rock Member
    Valencia, EspaƱa
    Various projects
    It's still in the works, I just had to slow down due to college and lack of internet. I hope to work on a test release sometime soon.

10. Tiller

Tiller

HDK & World Runner
    Good to know! I myself just got a break off of the college workload and wanted to start screwing around with some of the fan engines around here. Just got worried with the lack of any activity in the thread.

11. Raz

Raz

USA
    Oh wow! I can't wait!

12. Harmony Friends

Harmony Friends

it's the whole gang Oldbie
    Your site seems to be rather dead, Damizean. Is it possible that you could re-host the original engine test somewhere?

Also, is there any word on progress?

13. MikeyLevi

MikeyLevi

This. I love this engine so much and would love to see it turned into something more.

Would be awesome to see this go open source!

14. Raz

Raz

USA
    It certainly would give a huge boost to 3D sonic fangaming.

15. Harmony Friends

Harmony Friends

Bumping this again. I know you've said you do intend on continuing the project, but it's been months and an incomplete release would still be preferable to letting your awesome work go to waste. I'm sure I'm not the only person that thinks that.

16. Azu

Azu

I must be stupid. Member
    I think he's redoing it, but I could be wrong.

17. Harmony Friends

Harmony Friends

I hope not. The engine as-is was already good enough. The pursuit of absolute perfection is not worth scrapping what was already done.

18. FeliciaVal

FeliciaVal

Spain
    also the links on the frontpage are dead :( just saying, thought I would give a heads up...

19. DaHog

DaHog

Sonic fan-made cartoon and Possible 3D Sonic fangame
    Really excited for this! Is there gonna be a stand-alone version? I would really like to use this for a 2.5D Classic Sonic fangame.