don't click here

Sonic Generations Hacking (and More!)

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Andrew75, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Faseeh

Faseeh

Oh right, forgot to show these two off if anybody cares.

http://youtu.be/IUnGhO0bCmM

http://youtu.be/_Y_dzveH-wY

2. BigTheCat

BigTheCat

♥STYLISH SONIC♥ Member
    All of my love <3

That needs to be released

3. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Grand Metropolis - true enough to the original, but as a result does feel a bit Straight Line Zone. Planning on putting multiple routes in and some variety?
    Pyramid Cave - overall I like this but the music being used is in my opinion a bit poorly done - is this the final cut?

4. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Yeah, Sonic Heroes was very focused on using the other character's abilities and combat, so unless you are planning on really changing the level's layout or making an all new level with the assets, there's not going to be a whole lot to the Sonic Heroes levels.

Pyramid Cave doesn't look bad though, it seems like Sonic Adventure 2 levels could work in Generations if done well.

5. Faseeh

Faseeh

Yeah, the level layout there is just to like show "THERE, I'm DOING THIS." or stuff liddat. Really plan on including some references to the Olympic Games bar stuff and all the other stuff, I'm hoping to get the Grand Metropolis Remix for this stage.

You're right about Heroes for sure. I'm lucky Frog Forest is very speed based. It's just after Seaside Hill on that.

Aah, thanks about that, yeah, it's a pity not many stages work :/

Yeah, more variety and stuff will come.

Well, Pyramid Cave, sorry but yeah, that's the final cut. I'm not a big fan of it (I'm a musician too, mind you) but it was pretty much catered to the Modern style so guess I'm gonna have to work with it.

6. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    This is going to come off as rude, but I really can't wait until people start doing more with making Generations levels out of existing ones. We have Sonic Melponterations, which goes a long way towards what I'm talking about, but even then Sky Troops feels almost like "A Sonic Generations style level with a Sky Troops skin", not the "Sky Troops in Sonic Generations," feeling I think they're going for.

7. When you guys port a level, how are the textures handled? I'm just a bit curious why nobody's tried doing something like finding similar textures from newer games and re-coloring them to fit into a ported level to try and improve how it looks. For example, with something like Metal Harbor, I'm sure that a newer game such as All-Stars Racing has some graphics that could work as replacement textures. The metal parts of the glass tubes in Aquarium Park look like they'd work fairly well used as parts of the roads on Grand Metropolis.

8. Jogita

Jogita

Hacking Sonic games since 2011. Member
    Somewhere in the USA
    Sonic Adventure 2006.
    Never mind about the "skeleton could not be located" error. The problem was that cmd was not in the correct folder. But that still hasn't given me my sn_jet_loop.anm.kf file yet.

9. Retroman

Retroman

Someone should make that Leaf Forest level from Sonic Adventure 2 after you beat Shadow the Hedgehog for the first time and he escapes the island because Eggman and Rouge planted a bomb.

10. Crasher

Crasher

Why hello there! Member
    Does anyone have a download for that Unleashed renderer? It gives me a higher frame rate, and I'd like to get it. However, I'm not really sure which page it's on.

11. How much of a frame-rate boost does switching renderers give? Can somebody post their personal before/after for it? I try to play on my computer and get a slideshow on the lowest settings (although I still played through the whole game), and I wouldn't mind a bit of a speed boost. I just want to know how much of a help using the Unleashed one would be over using the default.

12. Crasher

Crasher

Why hello there! Member
    In my experience, it's not a lot. At times, I can get around 45-50 FPS on the normal renderer, while I would get 55-60 FPS around the same spots.

However, the stages look like crap and are incredibly blurry. I'm not really sure why TBH.

13. Chris Highwind

Chris Highwind

Statesville, NC
    Slacking
    Check the SonicGMI thread, there's a new version of it which includes the renderer and shaders.

14. Crasher

Crasher

Why hello there! Member
    Thanks. Downloaded.

Now another problem: as said before, the stages are incredibly blurry. Is there any reason for this? On Darios' videos, the stages don't seem as blurry using the Unleashed Renderer.

15. Dario FF

Dario FF

Tech Support Hotline Tech Member
    Do you have by any chance an Intel Mobile GPU? I think it's just a problem with those GPUs. Like the blur effect is inverted.

16. Dude

Dude

Tech Member
    Southbridge, MA
    Random VR/AR trash
    more character mods:
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r76bPPuDvVU[/youtube]

17. Xeric

Xeric

Workington, England
    S3K Mighty Sheet
    oh my god

I just came in my pants.

18. Crasher

Crasher

Why hello there! Member
    I don't think so. My graphics card is, however, a Intel integrated graphics card which may be a problem.

19. BystanderLC

BystanderLC

I have a noob question: How difficult would it be to make City Escape look like Crisis City, but contain its stage layout? I imagine it's a matter of switching tilesets, but I also realistically imagine there's a lot more to it.

20. StR Speedy

StR Speedy

Starlight Carnival
    Colors Porting
    I also have a couple of noob questions to ask; I'm still new to level editing.
    1) In SonicGlvl, how do I go about changing the x-y-z coordinates for m_MonkeyTarget?
    2) What do I need to add rails and other splines to the existing levels?