don't click here

Fleetway appreciation / STC:O thread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by The KKM, Feb 3, 2010.

1. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    Mmk, not sure if this has been mentioned before or if it has all the comics, but I found this site with a good collection at least.
    http://en.sonicscanf.org/comics/sonic-the-comic/
    Now, to start downloading for my own.

2. Jen

Jen

#lapidot Moderator
    England
    Various drawings
    Ooh, thanks for sharing that link BlackHole, I'll have to start downloading those soon!

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but wasn't there a similar archive of Sonic the Comics that was taken down a while ago? If that's so, then I'm jumping on this in case the same thing happens again.

I still have some of my comics but unfortunately most of them have gone now. I think they might have got thrown away by mistake at some point when I was younger, I really don't know. I had loads of them as well. I definitely still have the one which has a (shitty) drawing of mine published in it, haha =P I won a nice Sonic watch for that, which incidentally I found when I was sorting through a load of old stuff the other day.

3. BlackHole

BlackHole

England
    Complaining
    Not a problem. It apparently has all the Archie series as well, so they might become a target even if the Sonic the Comic series goes ignored. Get'em while it's hot!

EDIT: Oh, and the files are in a .cbz format, you'll need this to read them: http://comicrack.cyolito.com/

4. Stiv

Stiv

Oldbie
    NE England
    Sonic the Comic - Online!
    There's also: http://sonic.cawvault.co.uk/STC.html

And of course, TKA, you have to register to be able to view the download links but they have STCO and all the summer specials, poster mags, etc: http://tails.kicks-ass.net/?area=comics

5. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    There are no mint StC scans on TKA like there are with Archie.

6. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
  7. NiktheGreek

NiktheGreek

Grumpy old bastard Oldbie
    Writing for the best video game magazine in the world
    Good read! I had totally forgotten "Squeeze Tag" as a term, that was truly dreadful.

Also, signature duly updated to reflect your strongly-held viewpoints.

8. Twimfy

Twimfy

UK
    Sonic the Comic stuff
    Just a quick pic of my collection:

[​IMG]

Desperately looking for a few of the poster mags to finish my collection if anyone can help??

9. jasonchrist

jasonchrist

Give Us A Wank Banned
    Sonic Classic Hybrid Project
    *sigh* fucking beautiful sir! I'd love to have such a pristine, complete collection... but alas growing up we had house rabbits who tended to tear the comics to pieces if they ever found them. Needless to say they don't look too good today. Destroyed 2 control pads and my justified lightgun too the bastards!

I loved the Streets of Rage comic too, even though they turned Axel into a complete pussy.

10. Twimfy

Twimfy

UK
    Sonic the Comic stuff
    Y'know having bought the first issue on my 8th birthday, the day it came came out btw and having collected them all this time, I've never once read the Streets of Rage stories.

Might do it on my next read through.

11. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Part 5 of my Fleetway lookback is set to hit the front page approximately 9 and a half hours from the time of this post.

12. jasonchrist

jasonchrist

Give Us A Wank Banned
    Bravo sir, very good!

13. Stiv

Stiv

Oldbie
    NE England
    Sonic the Comic - Online!
    Merry Christmas, guys!

[​IMG]

14. jasonchrist

jasonchrist

Give Us A Wank Banned
    I had alot of fun reading those last 2 issues. Had a major nostalgia attack seeing Wing Fortress and the Kintobor head again.

Thanks, and Merry Christmas!

15. I've only read disjointed scanned pages (Not a complete arc, or anything like that) and must say while it is not as nostalgic to me (being from the US and all) I do like the change. Most of what I've seen is drawn more consistently than the Archie series. I have a few questions to ask, though:

-Do I need to read the all of the issues, or can I skip the filler?
    -What story arcs are recommended?
    -What is up with Super Sonic being an evil, seperate character? Could someone give me the short version of his origins?
    -Would you recommend the unofficial continuation, StC: Online?
    -Referring to the above question, would I have had to read the original(s) to get into the story StC: Online?
    -Any Non-Sonic related stories/arcs you would also recommend?

I must admit, from what little I've read, I like StC's original characters better than some of the Archie ones.

16. BlackHole

BlackHole

England
    Complaining
    I'd recommend reading it all, sometimes the filler has a hidden plot point (The Sentinel in Aquatic Ruin, for those that remember, for example). The Chaos Arc is one of my favourites, as well as the Metallix arc. Yes, I would. I would read them, though they can hold up on their own if need be. Streets of Rage was decent in my opinion, give that a read =P

17. Dan Lioneye

Dan Lioneye

UK
    I am SO jealous of this. :(

Nice going though!

18. Mike Arcade

Mike Arcade

Free Scriber of Mobius Member
    - While I didn't grow up with this series much like yourself, I really love and enjoy pretty much every issue of STC I read, even the filler has great moments! So I'd say read any to every issue if you can.

- You can catch Super's Origin in an earlier issue that explains what happens to Sonic after Sonic 1 that gave him his Super Form (the first two games are CANON in this series, sorta), but the main reason why he's evil is that the 6 Chaos Emeralds holds all the evil energy of Mobius, you can read this comic here that is pretty much the origins of STC's Sonic and Robotnik.

- Yes, yes I would, it's a very fine series and even the original writers and artists of STC approve of it, which is why it's "Unoffically Offical", and no you don't really need to read the originals to get into STC-O but it wouldn't hurt. As for any Non-Sonic Stories I can't really give you an opinion as I have only skimmed through them, but from what I read I would recommend Shinobi, Streets of Rage, Ecco, Sparkster, and last but not least Decap Attack!

19. Twimfy

Twimfy

UK
    Sonic the Comic stuff
    Love what you guys have done at STC:O

In time I will be printing these and adding them to my collection (if that's allowed?)

20. Twimfy

Twimfy

UK
    Sonic the Comic stuff
    Sorry for the double post.

But I was wondering if anyone knew much about the German edition of Sonic the Comic.

I recently acquired 8 copies and I was aware of their existence a long long time ago but I don't know much about them. Does anyone know how long they ran for? I have up to issue 11. I'd love to know how many there are as they'd make a great edition to my collection.