don't click here

NiGHTS HD (2012 Release)

Discussion in 'General Sega Discussion' started by Jason, Jul 5, 2012.

1. Conando

Conando

Is not, in fact, Raphael Member
    Lynn, MA
    MarioMedia.net FTP
    ...I did that and it worked for me. Though I remember it being pretty damn finicky.

2. Sappharad

Sappharad

Oldbie
    I think it's broken. I had very little problems with it in the original, but I can't do it anymore on the PS3 version, even when it looks like I'm perfectly in the middle.

I also have problems with the drill dive not working properly during that boss, but I think that happened in the original too?? It just stops working after awhile, and you only get the sound effect when pressing the button but the drill part doesn't happen.

3. synchronizer

synchronizer

The timing on the music before the boss fight begins is also off. The game is quite playable now, but I don't think that I can get an A in Twin Seeds if the tornado is so difficult to dodge. By the way, has anyone noticed that the random attack order (in Wizeman's battle) that was in the original seems to be a single pattern now? I distinctly remember the Saturn bosses varying the sequence of attacks and whatnot.

4. Conando

Conando

Lynn, MA
    MarioMedia.net FTP
    I got an A pretty easily, even though the tornado got me when I was playing as Claris.

5. synchronizer

synchronizer

The Tornado wastes about 20-30 seconds... getting knocked three times.

6. Conando

Conando

Lynn, MA
    MarioMedia.net FTP
    Well, I also always finish Twin Seeds in just 1 lap for each Mare. I think it's practically impossible to get an A rank otherwise.

7. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Your drill dash has a gauge in the left corner you know. You can't replenish it during boss as there are no rings to fly through.

8. Conando

Conando

Lynn, MA
    MarioMedia.net FTP
    Yeah, you have to ration your drill dash in boss fights.

9. Ayu Tsukimiya

Ayu Tsukimiya

UGUU~ Member
    The sound of the patch really pleases me. It's nice to know that they actually listen to the fans when they give formal complaints.

There were a few parts that I wish they could have fixed (the cutscene and music timing all throughout Twinseeds/Wizeman, the all white ideya captures in saturn mode, etc.), but the gameplay is the most important part.

Plus, the steam release will be a great chance to do some hacking to fix/improve a lot of things :v:

10. synchronizer

synchronizer

...Why are all the ideya captures colored grey in Saturn mode?

11. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    The game is now on Steam

12. Thousand Pancake

Thousand Pancake

Being a food you put milk on and then eat in the m Member
    How's the analog stick support?

13. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    So is SEGA trying to pick the worst possible weeks to release these games on Steam? Sonic Adventure 2 got released during the week the Autumn Sale started and now NiGHTS is released the week the Winter Sale starts.

14. Shade

Shade

Same as it is post-patch for the other versions.

15. STHX

STHX

SEGAAAAAAAAA?!? Member
    The world of Trophies
    Sonic In Mushroom Kingdom
    Game seems to be 30fps locked like Jet Set Radio. Was a patch ever made to unlock it?

16. Glaber

Glaber

Has Beaten Sonic Genesis for GBA Oldbie
    Jet Set Radio was 30 FPS? Huh, I never noticed.

17. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    NiGHTS has always run at 30fps.

18. Thousand Pancake

Thousand Pancake

Being a food you put milk on and then eat in the m Member
    Bad excuse when you're talking to PC players.

19. STHX

STHX

SEGAAAAAAAAA?!? Member
    The world of Trophies
    Sonic In Mushroom Kingdom
    Well, Sonic Generations ran at 30 fps on consoles but the PC version could run at 60 with no problems. There really is no point to limit the framerate on PCs if the 360 can run it.
    Dark Souls had a similar fps limit on pc but modders still unlocked the framerate. I was just asking if someone made a similar mod for Jet Set Radio in the meanwhile (or if the framerate is hardcoded and can't be unlocked, and if the same is true for Nights).

20. Bartman3010

Bartman3010

Site Staff
    Not unless elements of the game(s) are framerate dependent. Especially since they're not doing much to change the original structure of the game. Otherwise, they'd probably have to go in and reverse engineer certain aspects of the game as a result.