don't click here

Sonic for the Wii U

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Ajavalo, Dec 1, 2012.

1. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    ...so, it'd continue the trend of using the tablet as a glorified menu-infested second screen OR map, a symptom of lazy development that has plagued a good chunk of third party titles on DS and 3DS.

I swear the only game that got creative with the concept was Sonic Rush, and even then questionably so.

2. Mike Arcade

Mike Arcade

Free Scriber of Mobius Member
    Shit, doesn't sound like a bad idea! Hell why stop there, let's make a fixed and better Remakes of Shadow 1 and Sonic 2006, with slighty different and better stories and better gameplay, it would give Silver a proper introduction to the series at least, besides it would be rectifying the mistakes Sega made all those years ago and making them great games.

3. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    I'd expect a boxed Sonic 4 HD for wii-u!

4. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    How 'bout Silver The Hedgehog, a fantastical time traveling adventure where you as the player use your Psychokinetic Gamepad to move objects in the environment and solve puzzles.

And then they can put Sonic 06, ShTH and the Silver game next to each other on store shelves, just like they originally planned.

5. DustArma

DustArma

Santiago, Chile
    Learning Python.
    >Silver the Hedgehog game
    >Shadow the Hedgehog 2 game

No.

Fuck No.

It's like you guys didn't even learn, EVERYTHING about Shadow the Hedgehog was wrong, that game should have never left the concept stage.

6. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Nah, I feel exactly the opposite. I think in some ways it was a much better-realized game than even Sonic Unleashed, say, which most of you guys seem to love for whatever reason. Its biggest sin is trying to be set in the Sonic universe. The story itself completely jumped the shark given both SA2 and that one, though the gameplay is actually above-average. Between actually being able to backtrack (as cheaply-implemented as said backtracking is) and having gun-aiming that actually mostly works pretty well, the game's at least very playable and pretty fun.

Well, OK, those two Ark-in-the-past stages excepted.

7. BystanderLC

BystanderLC

Well, the problem with the single-player experience is that you can't focus on both screens at the same time. The World Ends With You, though a good game, suffered from that. What you could do as a workaround is use the controller as a tablet, but made sure you could look down really fast or made the interface simple enough. On the multiplayer experience, there's a lot more potential in co-op play, and co-op seems to be more readily available on the Wii U than on the DS.

8. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    Heck, I'd buy it.

9. BluGenesi

BluGenesi

Canada, eh
    Making films
    I really would want a Sonic generations 2, maybe 2 sonics on 2 diffrent screens, with you switching out the two to get to diffrent places one cant get to. Such as classic Sonic being able to burrow through rock with the Spin Dash, Modern cant kinda system.

Or just make a vanilla sequel to the first with a better plot, and give us levels that wernt in the original! And scramble the eras up for the story, so Star lIght can be right before going to Dragon road. Just this time... Put in god damn ice cap like they should have done the first time!!!!!

10. I'll take another Unleashed/Generations style game so long as they make it an actual worthwhile game instead of padding it out with werehog levels and dumb challenges. The gameplay was good, especially in generations, but they focus too much on making the "gotta go fast" obstacle course levels so long that they wind up only having about an hour's worth of gameplay from those levels, so they pad the game with filler crap.

Colors did it the best. That had a solid 6 hours worth of straight gameplay, 9 hours if you're a chump like me, and it never made you feel like "damn why cant I just play Sonic why am I trying to pop vector's bubble" bullshitttttt.

11. ashthedragon

ashthedragon

Sonic Paradise Researcher
    Spain
    Sonic Paradise & Sonic Ages
    Sonic Paint. The 2013 response to Nintendo's 90's Mario Paint.
    That is, it let you make your own Sonic Recolors and play with them!

12. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Wasn't that the concept of that crappy rumor from that one site that likes to make up things? :specialed:

13. Kaieo

Kaieo

I have an idea they might re-release Adventure 1 or Adventure 2 or possibly both for it. Although since they said a new boxed sonic game I think It will probably be a boost-to-win game. The game-pad will probably be used as a fast, accessible way to use the upgrades which is seen in Sonic Generations. In the levels I'm guessing it could possibly be a first person view of Sonic which would let you feel the speed, If not it will be just a mini menu telling you about the rings, red rings and time. I have an idea they will take advantage of it to make you feel more immerse in the Sonic world.

14. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I'm guessing Sonic Colors 2 (which would more likely then not be available on all consoles due to similar hardware). It was the first Sonic game in forever that actually was liked enough by people that they wouldn't be pissed off to see a sequel for it (Generations 2 would be also great but that wouldn't make sense). Plot wise? They'd prob pull a Mario Galaxy 2 and just say "Hey this never happened before so lets do what the first one did with different levels." And I would not mind in the slightest. New powers, new levels, better bosses (Really though, fix the bosses), less levels defined around block platforming, scrapping the simulator, and you're in the making of a great game right there.

Oh the Wii U pad would probably serve as a glorified HUD. Problem? Not really, clears the screen so you can immerse yourself in the beauty of an HD colors sequel.

15. Captain L

Captain L

The guy who likes Shadow the Hedgehog Member
    Waiting for the coming of the Great White Hankerchief
    I don't think putting the HUD on a separate screen would be a good idea. It means you would have to take your eyes off the action to see how many rings you have, or what your timer is currently at. The score can be kept on the bottom screen as long as it gives little fading indications on the main screen, like numbers coming out of robots like classic Sonic, or the way it told you about quick step bonuses. The lives indicator also should be on the main screen, but done how the Mega Man Zero series does. When you respawn, the bottom of the screen shows your lives, and fades away after a few seconds. Do that, but keep it permanently on the gamepad screen.

16. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Lives should be permanently abolished, because afterall, I totally feel permanent death approaching in Sonic 4 Episode 2 with my measly 504 lives...

17. Andrew75

Andrew75

Technical Artist Member
    Project AXSX(Sonic Xtreme) + Misc Projects
    The game will be called Sonic U and it will play exactly like Sonic and the Secret Rings, except with using the I-pad rip off controller to take your picture and map it on Sonic's face.
    Sonic has always got to be cutting edge after all.

Oh... and instead of the Deathegg there will be a huge ass U flying in outer space as the final zone for the game!

18. DustArma

DustArma

Santiago, Chile
    Learning Python.
    Yes, because Apple totally invented tablets!!!

19. I think we all know where tablets really came from...
    [​IMG]

20. Conando

Conando

Is not, in fact, Raphael Member
    Lynn, MA
    MarioMedia.net FTP
    It's hardly even a tablet. It's more like a giant GBA with a touch screen.