don't click here

Sonic & All-Stars Racing: Transformed

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Saidian, Feb 12, 2012.

Which version will you be getting?

1. Xbox 360

61 vote(s)
    27.0%
  2. PlayStation 3

43 vote(s)
    19.0%
  3. Wii U

52 vote(s)
    23.0%
  4. Nintendo 3DS

23 vote(s)
    10.2%
  5. PlayStation Vita

12 vote(s)
    5.3%
  6. PC

116 vote(s)
    51.3%
  7. iOS

4 vote(s)
    1.8%
  8. Android

4 vote(s)
    1.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Honestly this character roster looks like they went back to Superstars tennis and put them in the game. Seriously, NiGHTs, Reala, Pudding, Meemee, and that guy from Golden Axe have all returned, but Ryo, Virtua Fighter, Chu chus, Billy hatcher, Bonanza bros, and House of the Dead all got the boot. Granted I didn't care for any of those characters except for Virtua Fighter, but why did they revert the roster back to the old one?

Glad they got rid of Big but they should have nixed Shadow and Amy as well. Sonic, Tails, and Eggman are all you really need, although I do like Knuckles and Metal. I would gladly trade Metal to see Nack return though, although Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Eggman, Metal, and Nack would be a favorite combination of mine because I always imagined that Metal and Nack could have easily filled in for Shadow and Rouge in SA2.

2. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    I'm pretty sure that there must be some kind of rule to have Amy in these games since she's like...The most recognizable female in the Sonic games (Also the only female Sonic character in these games anyway)?

Anyway, SUMO put MeeMee, Gum, Pudding, and Reala and some others in the game on their own time. S0L has already said that if they didn't they roster would be smaller than it is.

3. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Well, clearly Knuckles represents the black community. They need love too (But I guess that's why BD joe is in the game over Gena)

4. Vangar

Vangar

There are barely any female characters in the roster as it was in the last game. They are scraping around to add more female characters, they aren't going to remove any anytime soon.

Shadow, Tails and Amy are all necessary female characters.

:v:

5. Blue Emerald

Blue Emerald

Teleportation, yeah! Member
    TBD
    Nack would be pretty cool to see in the game, honestly. He already has a customizable airbike, plus this'll be the first time we'll see Nack in a modern Sonic game (albeit a spinoff). Yeah, he was kind of a goofy villain, seeing as all his machines backfired on him in some comical way (he's like the Wile E. Coyote of Sonic), but that's what made him unique among the other bad guys. Y'know what would be a great All-Star move for him? They could have Nack's vehicle go super-fast while he desperately hangs on by the wheel and crashes through anyone in his way -- it'd make so much sense for him! XD

And of course, they're gonna have to figure out what kind of voice to give him. I vote they make him Australian. I mean, his name is Nack, he's a treasure hunter, his vehicle is called the "Marvelous Queen," and he wears a big leather hat that reminds me of Crocodile Dundee. =P Seems like a good fit.

6. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    I've always imagined Nack with a deep Cockney accent.

7. Rosiero

Rosiero

Mmph! Oldbie
    There's plenty in the DLC petitions! :P

8. The KKM

The KKM

Welcome to the nExt level Member
    Portugal
    IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog comic books
    Ignoring the fact that "What ICEknight wants" =/= "What fans want" (especially with the polls proving fans don't know what they want other than 'errybody'), there's still the fact you're ignoring that SUMO doesn't have full control over the roster. They didn't want Shadow in, they were made to. I really doubt they wanted Danica Patrick or Ralph in, but here they are. Stop acting so entitled- game developers aren't some free-money machine subject to the fans' every whims.

9. Vangar

Vangar

I'd be excited if Hatsune got in, she's not a perfect fit but at least that's a recognizable happy character from this decade.
    Better then Danica Patrick anyway

10. Ok, changes I would have done to the game:
    Remove Danica Patrick (Nothing against her, she just doesn't fit it)
    Add Vectorman
    Add an obscure Sonic character, like Nack or Mighty
    Add Vanellope von Schweetz and/or a Sugar Rush themed stage as DLC

And if he wasn't in direct competition with racers, I'd say add Mario as a Wii U exclusive in a similar fashion to how Sonic appeared in Smash Bros.

11. I want to say the comics interpretation of him is Australian.

12. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Wait, when was this said? SUMO My respect for you continues to increase... but side mouths

13. I think they said that as far back as Tennis.

I don't majorly dislike the roster but its a bit weird that characters were removed from the last game and Mee Mee and Pudding were added. And they were unlockable. You had to play the game a bit to play as Mee Mee and Pudding. No sure on Mee Mee actually.

For the roster I really would have:
    a) Cut Shadow, Knuckles, Mee Mee, Dr Eggman(Wait you'll see what I am doing) and Pudding. I do love Knuckles but what has he done for me lately? Amy can stay because everyone has a little shit sister that wants to play as Amy. Everyone. And Gum is cool. She is.
    b) Kept Ryo, Billy Hatcher and the Chu Chus. Maybe. Not sure on Billy.
    c) Added the Streets of Rage cast in a police car.
    d) Added Tyris and Ax Battler to Guilus's car thing.
    e) There is probably a million reasons for Danica Patrick to be in the game, But I can't think of any. I mean Juan Pablo Montoya would have been brilliant. With his swearing. Or Michael Schumacher? Seeing as he is the most successful F1 driver. But I guess they don't have tits. Well JPM might do now. But wrong sort.
    f) Added Bayonetta and a Sarah/Honey car. Because I am a pervert. Yes.
    g) Instead of Generic man commentating I would have made it a Dr Eggman and Professor K double act and it would be exactly like Murray Walker and Martin Brundle on Formula 1 1997.
    h) Segata Sanshiro.
    I) Told the world that we need names for who should be in this game a month before actually making it so we wouldn't have fucking Mee Mee and Pudding. Seriously?

14. Sploit

Sploit

Anyone signed that petition to get Nack in the game?

I've signed it and sharted it over facebook.

Really hope he makes it into the game :)

15. So, I remember a month or so back it was mentioned that Sumo was considering doing a soundtrack for this game. Has there been any mentions or follow-ups since then? From the snippets I've been hearing on Youtube I want this goddamn soundtrack on a CD, right now. I'm prepared to chuck my wallet at my computer screen.

16. trakker

trakker

The guy that's been warned! Member
    Ok, I just managed to scrape 165 stars meaning I have now unlocked all the playable characters.

But there are 2 more things left in the world tour, one for 200 and one for 232(all) stars

Quick question

Are they worth the ball busting frustration and controler snapping finger strain? Or is my only reward literally an achivement/trophy? In which case, screw off Sumo, not doing it lol

17. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Well I'm sure that if the 1st game got a soundtrack release then this one will too. Until then take this, its my go-to guy for game rips and hes already done ASRT.

Anyways I wanted to post this on the 1st game's thread but its closed so I'll just post it here. sorry for going offtopic.

Was there any mods or Cheatengine codes for the PC version of ASR that removes the HUD?

18. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Unfortunately we didn't. Last week S0L said he's still trying to convince SEGA, that's all we know for now.

19. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Well, no matter. even if SEGA doesn't want our money, the gamerips that are from !!!!! at FFShrine will do (at least for me).

Maybe you guys could spam SEGA's twitter and Facebook with requests for an OST? if theres enough of a social media vocal output it'll make SEGA notice.

20. Vangar

Vangar

I don't know. But I want to know! Has anyone got this far?