don't click here

Sonic & All-Stars Racing: Transformed

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Saidian, Feb 12, 2012.

Which version will you be getting?

1. Xbox 360

61 vote(s)
    27.0%
  2. PlayStation 3

43 vote(s)
    19.0%
  3. Wii U

52 vote(s)
    23.0%
  4. Nintendo 3DS

23 vote(s)
    10.2%
  5. PlayStation Vita

12 vote(s)
    5.3%
  6. PC

116 vote(s)
    51.3%
  7. iOS

4 vote(s)
    1.8%
  8. Android

4 vote(s)
    1.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Fuck, Arsha wasn't even on the damn voting list was she. Fuck.

2. Rosiero

Rosiero

Mmph! Oldbie
    In my experience, if you keep the trigger held all the way, your car will stutter a bit at the start and not get as much of a boost. If you pull the gas back slightly after making the last boost, you'll zoom right forward and knock whoever's in front of you on their ass. You have to be careful not to pull it back too much though; it seems like the trigger's a bit sensitive and if you do it too much you could lose the boost altogether.

3. The Wii U doesn't have analog triggers, so probably not.

4. Tiller

Tiller

HDK & World Runner
    You sure this isn't character specific timing based on cars and mod types? I was certain in the first game that the starting boost differed from character to character. I haven't been able to touch this one much since its not out yet for PC, but is it standard for everyone now?

Also did anyone get around to organizing and tagging the Soundtrack yet? I have my bootleg renaming done but it would be nice to have something more professional and put together. I'm seeing some uploads to youtube but I'm wondering if anyone stuck it up here yet. I don't see it in the thread via a search.

5. Jimmy Hedgehog

Jimmy Hedgehog

England - Slough
    Getting the motivation to continue old projects
    Why is no one else mentioning this and why does it only have 44 signatures? Definitely signing that!

6. Ell678

Ell678

Am I Annoying You? Member
    Barrow, England
    Sonic Incursion
    Signed. Nack would be amazing to have.

7. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Probably because there are enough Sonic characters? I'd much rather see other parts of Sega's repertoire utilized than wasted by yet another Sonic character. I'd argue Amy should have been removed too.

8. Rosiero

Rosiero

Mmph! Oldbie
    The other versions also let you play with the shoulder buttons. Doesn't mean analog isn't more precise.

9. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Well I'd much rather see a Nack revival than Miku or Ryo again. So yup, signing.

10. Ugh... Another Sonic character? As much as I'd like Nack over a lot of the current Sonic cast in the game, no thanks. We need a VF character. =(

11. Tichmall

Tichmall

J.League PK Party, a "penalty kick" minigame.
    Got the PS3 version with the Metal Sonic & Outrun bonus. It's a very fun game so far, can't wait to play it with my friends.

As for the DLC, I don't know, I might want Ristar as I'm a big fan of him (he is the next on my to-do-for-Trackmania list), but that's it, mainly because I never played any of the other games involved in the poll.

Oh by the way, is the Death Egg hangar in this game after all ?

12. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator

Yes, it's one of the classic tracks. If you go through Grand Prix it's the fifth cup, and if you go through World Tour, well...you get to it at some point.

13. Tichmall

Tichmall

J.League PK Party, a "penalty kick" minigame.
    Excellent ! Thanks for the quick answer. So... if Ristar is made as a DLC, will we get three Ristar on that race ? :p

14. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Also, SEGA has published a ToeJam & Earl collection since, so...

That, or they could just choose one of them.

15. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    I dunno, they've done a good job of boiling down the Sonic cast as it is. Every character from the original series and CD, and Shadow for the kids who like their hedgehogs with a hefty helping of angst and think Sonic Adventure 2 is the pinnacle of Sonicdom. It's fair enough.

16. trakker

trakker

The guy that's been warned! Member
    Accept Shadow is happy and smiley when he wins =/

It's really unnerving lol

17. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    You know what should be done?

Somebody should start making all these polls again before the next SEGA All-Stars game is released, so we won't be having so many characters nobody ever asked for.

18. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator

The team is pretty aware of what characters people want. It just can't always happen. The point of the polls that have been happening is S0L trying to show everyone it's not as easy as just naming characters everybody wants, to teach them a lesson, or whatever. It'd be nice if he came to Retro to answer questions / reply to members from time to time too.

19. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Judging from the game's current roster I'd say they only know half of what fans really want, and new fan-made polls could teach them a lesson instead....

20. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    They'll have some strange quota for the amount of female representitives to put in the game, and because the Sonic series is forced to take up a third of the game's contents... yeah. This is probably why Pudding and MeeMee and Gum are in there too... though since none of those characters have a substantial number of fans, I don't understand why they didn't take characters from Phantasy Star or Hatsune Miku or Bayonetta (since it was mentioned as an option).

I mean really, MeeMee? Nobody wants that noise. Not even in Super Monkey Ball.