don't click here

Sonic & All-Stars Racing: Transformed

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Saidian, Feb 12, 2012.

Which version will you be getting?

1. Xbox 360

61 vote(s)
    27.0%
  2. PlayStation 3

43 vote(s)
    19.0%
  3. Wii U

52 vote(s)
    23.0%
  4. Nintendo 3DS

23 vote(s)
    10.2%
  5. PlayStation Vita

12 vote(s)
    5.3%
  6. PC

116 vote(s)
    51.3%
  7. iOS

4 vote(s)
    1.8%
  8. Android

4 vote(s)
    1.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
  2. ashthedragon

ashthedragon

Sonic Paradise Researcher
    Spain
    Sonic Paradise & Sonic Ages
    Now that Segata, Vectorman and Ryo are in...how about voting for Sketch Turner, Space Harrier or Opa Opa? They deserve love too...

PD: Bayonetta and Raphael/Phantom R too, please.

3. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    Only 3 characters will be selected and Vectorman is the 4th so it needs more votes to surpass Ryo.

4. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    Right now those of us who don't want Miku are putting our hopes on licensing issues or something to keep Miku out. S0L says they'll move on to the next character in that event.
    So, in the event that any of the other frontrunners can't be chosen, here are the petitions with 700+ signatures, and probably the best chance of crossing 1,000 by 12/1:
    Bayonetta - 947
    Ristar - 883
    Toejam & Earl - 704

That's a decent list for backups in case any of the others get shot down.

5. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Those are the three characters that should be in the top 3. Seriously now, I'd love to see those guys in a game.

6. I want
    [​IMG]

riding a fast-food inspired range of vehicles. (Hot Dog!)

=(

7. Afro Thunder

Afro Thunder

Call Da Doctor! Member
    NS, Canada
    Trying to get outta Dr. Dre mode, and actually release an album.
    Didn't Toejam & Earl get bumped because of licensing issues in the first game? While I love me some Tj&E, it wouldn't make much sense to have them on the list if they wind up getting excluded again.

8. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    I remember their creator was all gung- ho about Toejam & Earl being in the first one, but his opinion was voiced after release and ASR DLC didn't seem very high on SEGA's list of priorities.

9. Rosiero

Rosiero

Mmph! Oldbie
    Is there any sort of trick to Pursuit missions on Expert? The bombs' hitboxes are ridiculous and once the tank switches to missiles I'm just completely fucked (especially because they look the goddamn same as the heart items.)

10. You know what would be a cool stage? An Ecco the Dolphin track where you boat around the ocean, and then that alien vortex thing happens, and you plane through it, and there's sea life flying around everywhere, and then you go into one of those alien space ship things or whatever they are.

Man, that would be so cool.

11. ashthedragon

ashthedragon

Spain
    Youre right, that would have been so rad.

A question, I'm sure this has been asked before but I can't find it. How do you do turbo starts here?

12. trakker

trakker

The guy that's been warned! Member
    Yes there is, use a handling mod and just take your time, these missions have absolutly no rush to them, no time limit or anything. The tank moves at a snails pace, just feather the throttle and weave around all the bad stuff.

Just don't try and be clever or quick, it's a doddle

13. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator

Just hit the acceleration trigger as the timer counts down. So on 3, 2, and 1 you can hit that. Charging up before that by hitting the trigger a couple times may help. It's something that's odd to get used to, but once you've got it it's easy.

14. Toejam and Earl isn't going to happen because the developers previously stated that they can't put two characters in a vehicle, unless they have you switch between Toejam and Earl when the vehicle transforms but then they'd need a third character for the third transformation (maybe the chick from TJ&E3?)

Miku isn't happening. If SEGA has to do any work to get a character they'll skip that character unless they have proof that this DLC will bring in insane amounts of cash.

Bayonetta, same reason, she's owned by Platinum games and Bayonetta 2 is being published by Nintendo. Unless the big N wants another exclusive on Wii U and throws SEGA some cash, you can count her out.

Face facts people, if SEGA doesn't out right own the character they're not going to bother with working out the rights for DLC. For a main game, sure, they'll work out some licensing issues and get a character into the game if they can, but for DLC? No way. They're going to spend as little money as possible while still trying to put out some good DLC because DLC accounts for only a fraction of sales.

15. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    No.

SEGA is involved in Bayonetta 2.

16. ashthedragon

ashthedragon

Spain
    Another question guys!

Does anyone know what does the consoles Mod do? I can't find any differences using stardard or any other modification to any character...also, how can I see the stats of a racer?

PD Still cannot get that super start done...thanks Mykonos for the tip, but I still need some practice to get it right. Also, do I need to just tap the aceleration trigger at the numbers, or do I need to keep that pressed al the number count but cutting at every number, or what?

17. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    As the screen fades to black and back again, press and hold the trigger, and then quickly release and press/hold again each time until the race starts. So...
    "GET READY"
    -Black -> Press Trigger
    "3"
    -Black -> Press Trigger
    "2"
    -Black -> Press and hold until race starts.

There's some talk of you getting a quicker start if you press it again at "GO" or only have the trigger held down part way, but I can't really tell if that's true or not.

18. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Seems more like they just have their logo on the cover because they own the franchise.

Anyway, I highly doubt that Bayonetta would be put in ASRT seeing how her being in it would probably make the game M or at least T rated unless they'd remove all of the sexual innuendos, but than it wouldn't be Bayonetta anymore. :P

19. I think Bayonetta could still be her sassy self without getting too risqué. She was a character I was really hoping for before the game came out, but with Gum, Ulala, Pudding, and Danica Patrick, the game already has an abundance of attractive-white-female characters.

You know what the game is severely lacking in though? Orbots.

20. Metal Man88

Metal Man88

Time Traveller Oldbie
    http://www.change.org/petitions/sumo-digital-sega-include-nack-the-weasel-for-sonic-all-stars-racing-transformed

Nack is now a potential choice for the petition—an official one. I'm just posting this here because it's flying around everywhere. Amazed it hasn't been posted in here yet.