don't click here

Sonic Adventure 2 BATTLE PC

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Oerg866, Nov 19, 2012.

1. DustArma

DustArma

Santiago, Chile
    Learning Python.
    You don't, the game doesn't enforce anything, just press A and keep on playing.

2. Dude

Dude

Tech Member
    Southbridge, MA
    Random VR/AR trash
    It doesn't affect anything. The game lets you keep playing and you can even initiate a new game while offline. It doesn't mean anything as far as I know.

3. Rosiero

Rosiero

Mmph! Oldbie
    Okay, I just straight up can't run this. The launcher works (sort of, it sucks) but when I want to start the actual game it throws up an error:

[​IMG]

Since it complains about some kind of null value, it may be whining that I haven't set a resolution. This is because there are no options in the dropdown menu. I would edit the config file manually, except that it doesn't exist—presumably I need to launch the game first to create it, which I can't do.

Thanks a fucking lot, Sega.

4. Dude

Dude

Tech Member
    Southbridge, MA
    Random VR/AR trash
    have you tried running it without the launcher? The launcher is a giant pile of crap, just like in every other sega game ever made.

5. Rosiero

Rosiero

Mmph! Oldbie
    Yeah, that just throws up a generic "appcrash" error.

6. ezodagrom

ezodagrom

There is a config file, maybe it didn't create because you couldn't launch the game, but it should be in programs\steam\steamapps\sonic adventure 2\config, the userconfig.cfg file.

Anyway, try installing the most recent directx, .net framework, visual c++ 2005, 2008 and 2010 runtimes, it might not work, but it's worth a try, I guess...

7. Rosiero

Rosiero

Mmph! Oldbie
    As I said previously, it isn't in there. Presumably, the launcher is supposed to create it, but since it crashes when I click "Save settings and launch..."

EDIT: And yeah, I've also done the typical "verify cache, reinstall" deal. Even tried making my own config file but it doesn't take (probably cause it's empty, heh.) I guess maybe the only way to fix it is if one of you guys uploaded your config file and I threw it in there?

8. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    UserConfig.cfg

Keyboard.cfg

Put those inside the 'Config' folder.

9. roxahris

roxahris

Everyone's a hypocrite. Take my word for it. Member
    Doing anything at all
  10. Rosiero

Rosiero

Mmph! Oldbie
    Thanks man, I appreciate it!

... Uuuunfortunately, the game still doesn't start (and yeah, I started directly from sonic2app.exe.) This time the screen does flash black for a second, probably because the cfg has full screen enabled, but then it just crashes again. >:I

11. ezodagrom

ezodagrom

What are your PC specs, or at least your processor and graphics card?

12. Rosiero

Rosiero

Mmph! Oldbie
    Intel Core2 Duo @ 2.4GHz, 4 GB RAM, NVidia GeForce GTX460 with 1GB RAM.

13. ezodagrom

ezodagrom

Hmm, have you tried installing more recent drivers for your graphics card (if you don't have the most recent ones)?

14. Rosiero

Rosiero

Mmph! Oldbie
    I have the newest driver, yeah.

EDIT: What... the... okay, I have the game running. Somehow. I had no idea what to try next, so I just randomly decided to change the graphics config to 640x480 @ 60Hz. Game runs. Wha? So then I gradually boost my settings up to what I had initially (1280x960 @ 85Hz) and now it works. I... don't even know anymore. But the problem's solved, right? o_o;

EDIT2: File this one under 'jinxed.' Even with x360ce and the Keyboard.cfg edited to change InputWay to 1, the game still only wants to use keyboard controls.

15. KeathalKrisom

KeathalKrisom

I'm having the same problem as ThunderPX, I got a 120HZ monitor that can only achieve this by DisplayPort, change to another port and you'll be fine playing it.

This also happens for Sonic 4 Episode 2.

Edit: What Master Emerald posted works for both, many thanks.

16. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    Try Joy2Key and set the mouse movements assigned to keys!

17. Rosiero

Rosiero

Mmph! Oldbie
    I didn't wanna use that or XPadder because it'd basically still be keyboard controls instead of using an analog stick. The directional controls were never that smooth, I realise, but they keyboard controls sure suck either way! In the end I just said "fuck it" and used my PS3 controller with that MotioninJoy thing, which I didn't before because it looks really shady. It works, though!

So now that I can actually play the game... was the homing attack always this inaccurate? I may just be noticing this now because I'm actually trying to do all the cool stuff and get A-Ranks. Back on GC I didn't wanna bother with all that shit and just cheated to get Green Hill.

18. Glaber

Glaber

Has Beaten Sonic Genesis for GBA Oldbie
    oh yes, it is that inacurate.

19. null1024

null1024

Yeah, you had to really hope a lot of the time, or just do it as near to your intended target, and angle your stick right at the target.

Man, I should pick this up, but I have the GC version. If any interesting hacking stuff happens, I'll probably get it for PC though, but eh.
    So glad I have an Xtokki, which makes PS1/PS2 controllers work on the 360 [and thus, with XInput stuff -- I use it for Generations and whenever I need to play a fighting game on my friend's 360 because that controller sucks].

20. MainMemory

MainMemory

Kate the Wolf Tech Member
    SonLVL
    All I have to say on that matter is