don't click here

Sonic CD (2011) Post-Release Bugs/Fixes/Suggestions

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by ICEknight, Dec 15, 2011.

1. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    Well, the PC version correctly scales the planet (sorry I just found videos from the GEMS version).

2. The Taxman

The Taxman

Tech Member
    Retro Engine & Related Projects
    Actually, whoever made that video has spliced footage from the PC and emulated Mega CD versions. You can tell because the "S" in special stage is ontop of the zig zag patterned bar. In the PC version, the S is to the right of it. Trust me, I'm not trying to pull a fast one on you, I know the differences between every version of this game :P

Yeah, from my perspective I'd like to update iOS to incorporate all games fixes and take advantage of the new screen's form factor. Exactly when I'm not sure. Without divulging too much, I'm working on some other projects so as a one man band, it can be hard to get this stuff through.

But the definitely, the whole point of recreating Sonic CD with the Retro Engine was that being in a modern code base with a full set of editing tools it doesn't have to be stagnant and 'as is'. It's possible to further improve it in future.

3. RetroKoH

RetroKoH

Project Sonic 8x16
    Is it accessible for us to use/edit? I have already found out how to break into the app and mess with the Save files. Perhaps editing the game itself isn't too far out of the question? I know that it is possible. I don't expect that you will tell us all about how to do it. Just wondering if it is easy enough to achieve. If you feel that I'm crossing any like by asking this, I fully understand and I'll back off.

4. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    I'm positive the editing tools he mentions are meant for official developer use only...

5. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    Lol, you're actually right. I just found another video that doesn't scale that one. I'm just bothered by that because it seems like an overlook :V

6. RetroKoH

RetroKoH

Project Sonic 8x16
    Obvious enough. I just meant the code itself.

7. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Played though the Lite version of this today on my S3 - credit to where it's due, Tax, this is a really well made game. It's just a pity it's extremely difficult to play on a touchscreen. Not that there's that much you can do about that =P

8. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    Yeah, I had difficulty with it too. Out of habit I usually keep my thumb slightly resting on the jump button, but being touch, it activates. I found the game became much easier when I hover my thumb over, which is annoying, but it helps :P

I mostly play the PC version anyway, which brings back so many memories of playing it as a kid at my grandmas. I could never play it at home back in the day on my Windows 98 because the game would always completely chug down to maybe a frame a second the moment I ever started Collision Chaos, it was completely unplayable. It always worked at my Grandmas and my school, though :P

But yeah, this game is a heavy dose of nostalgia, Taxman, and for that I can't thank you enough :)

9. Drex

Drex

Lazy perfectionist Member
    As crappy as my phone is I'm glad that it has a physical "back" button. I still have to use the touchscreen to move, but using "back" to jump made the game 5x better for me to play.

10. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    The jump button isn't the problem, it's the d-pad. =|

11. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Here here. I bought CD on iPhone mainly out of support for the project. It's a brilliant piece of work, held back to the extremes by a terrible platform.

12. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    Should this be possible?

[​IMG]

13. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    You guys are such casuals. I'm getting better times on Sonic CD on my iPad than the 360.

14. ashthedragon

ashthedragon

Sonic Paradise Researcher
    Spain
    Sonic Paradise & Sonic Ages
    Guys...I've searched today for Sonic CD in the new Playstation Store update, and the game is GONE. It doesn't appear in the Sonic section, and if you use the search function, it doesn't show up either. I use European PSN store. Now, it's completely impossible to buy Sonic CD on PS3.

Can anyone confirm over if this happens too in USA and other parts of Europe?

EDIT: I've looked over the UK store and it shows there...but it seems like it's free for some reason? it says "trial & unlock", is that the demo? It only shows up in the search. If you buy that, then it shows the regular trial version and complete version with its correct price.

I wonder if that's an error?

15. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Perhaps it's being updated?

16. ashthedragon

ashthedragon

Sonic Paradise Researcher
    Spain
    Sonic Paradise & Sonic Ages
    dunno... It has just updated anyways, and I've asked a few friends and it doesn't show on their systems either...
    Looks like an error.

17. The Taxman

The Taxman

Tech Member
    Retro Engine & Related Projects
    Is that the iOS version? That issue should be fixed on android, which has had an update (I made a typo with the defined collision box for the spring, hence that one pixel you could stand on).

18. SF94

SF94

Tech Member
    That happens on the PC version as well. I remember running into it.

19. Soo, Taxman, when you gonna start working on Knuckles Chaotix? XD

20. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    Yes, it's iOS.