don't click here

Sonic Adventure 2 XBLA

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Narstyle, Apr 4, 2012.

1. FlackoWeasel

FlackoWeasel

Blue cheese lover! Member
    Thanks for the link! Downloading now. 2.37gb takes me around 5-10 min download

2. Nora Kisaragi

Nora Kisaragi

While it's good that more people can play this, I can't help but feel that the gamecube/dreamcast versions are superior by miles.

No GBA Link so you miss out on tiny chao garden...yet the tiny chao garden is STILL listed in the game's credits.
    No online modes at all. What a missed opportunity. Other sonic game ports to XBLA have online modes, why couldn't this have had it?
    No gameshark. Modding the gamecube release was so damn fun.
    No more unlocking the alternate costumes, which was really fun.
    Glitches with the new aspect ratio are also not able to be ignored.

I'll pass.

3. Sey

Sey

Whilst I either disagree or don't mind with most of your list, I must concur with this. This was the one thing me and my friend were really, really hyped for. Who the fuck even plays split-screen these days?

4. Arique

Arique

SHUWATCH! Member
    I had to download it from the site also. When I try to access the game on my actual 360, it would give me a weird error and refuse to let me download it. :(
    Also, I don't know why you people are complaining, because the game's downloading for me perfectly fine.

EDIT: I think I know why it's not up on the actual console yet: Neither the free trial version or the SA2B DLC isn't added yet. For the time being until it's added, just download it from the website.

5. Bartman3010

Bartman3010

Site Staff
    Which online Sonic games are you referring to specifically? The Backbone ports? Because the online play in those, and how they work would take way more engineering and processing than for a game such as this. Not to mention the online play, heck, the Backbone ports themselves are absolute garbage.

6. Sey

Sey

Oh God I see what people mean about the widescreen screwing up half the cut-scenes. It's quite a shame that the very first cut-scene in the entire game has a shot where the city just cuts off into a blue abyss.

7. Mystical Ninja

Mystical Ninja

For old time's sake. Oldbie
    New Castle, Delaware
    Nothing that concerns this place in the least.
    Ooh, what a tragedy.

8. Rosie

Rosie

aka Rosie Member
    I do. :colbert:

I'll never play SA2 multiplayer with anyone anyway, online or offline. There's not a lot of reason to inflict SA2 on other people.

9. Harmony Friends

Harmony Friends

it's the whole gang Oldbie
    Honestly I disagree with that entirely. The SA2:B multiplayer is basically the best thing about the game. It's the only reason that I've ever touched SA2 since I got the 180 emblems back when I was 12 and what is this.

10. JaredAFX

JaredAFX

You telling me a shrimp fried this rice? Member
    Florida
    Downloading megahertz
    Let it be known that, as of right now, I'm number 9 for City Escape (XBL). I couldn't be happier. Not a huge accomplishment, considering basically no one has it (and you can't download via your console), but it's still something I just wanted to say. Also, can anyone else find the Battle DLC for the 360? I can't find it on xbox.com OR through my console.

11. Jimmy Hedgehog

Jimmy Hedgehog

England - Slough
    Getting the motivation to continue old projects
    Right with you there, the accomplishments might not seem so big to others but to see your username there has a sort of, well accomplished feeling to it, even if it doesn't last long. Also I've sunk back to 3rd on All Boss Attack...I think XD Though I'm 2nd on Crazy Gadget...if it hasn't chanced since midday :v: Again on PSN, haha.

12. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    I kind of don't want to give SEGA my money, so is there a picture or video of this up somewhere?

13. trakker

trakker

The guy that's been warned! Member
    All I know is, I just got this and played through the hero story, and I could pretty much play it exactally like I remember, asides from the 360 analog being round not hexagonal.

For me, it still works in all the right places, I think it looks great in HD, even though technically it dosen't, but it does, its great playing it in "non-fuzzy 480p"

Yeah this game isnt built for widescreen, they coulda done a bit more work, but when I see something failing for widescreen, I just find it funny, I'm not gonna flip my shit over it haha The biggest thing I'm disliking is the "how to play" mode, where the f*ck is my Omochao?!

Oh wait, the Battle DLC, themes *goes into theme settings and rotates analog stick for 8 seconds* Sweet, Presidents secretary theme unlocked haha

14. Nora Kisaragi

Nora Kisaragi

You're joking, right? Because as far as SA2 goes, online play has already been done.

I'm not lying when I say I am perfectly capable of playing Sonic Adventure 2 Battle online on my gamecube right now, (EDIT: X-Link Kai is infinitely easier to play GC games online, but, whatever. This is what I used back in the day)

There's no excuse for them still keeping multiplayer split screen only, when plenty of other XBLA sonic ports allow it. Hell, it's bad enough we barely get any form of online support in the main sonic games period.

15. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    No, but I'll happily use my DSLR to take a photo of it.

16. Neowl

Neowl

feels good man Member
    London, England
    SAIL HATAN
    Not sure if it's been posted, but as of late last night (nearing midnight GMT), the trial for the game went up on the Xbox website, but all content was still unavailable from XBLA.

I picked up the Trial, as I haven't got the funds to get buy the game yet. It's just City Escape, with the rest of the game content locked out.

Plays pretty much as I remember it. I'd say it's an 'entry-level' port, as game port standards go.

Edit: Just checked the Xbox website again, the Battle DLC is up for grabs there too now.

17. Jimmy Hedgehog

Jimmy Hedgehog

England - Slough
    So, erm I think I've encountered a glitch in the Find the lost chao mission of Final Rush (Sonic's one). On the straight rail on the wall leading to the chao, no matter how I approach it, the rail takes me down, instead of up. Tried jumping, bouncing, jump dashing, it always takes me downward. Used to be able to do it fine before...the wall's too high to bounce up to as well. Dunno if this is just me though :/

18. RedMetallix

RedMetallix

Supreme Thunder Member
    A desk.
    What? Don't be silly.
    I dunno, I was able to bounce over it with some speed. But yeah, the rail won't work going up for some reason.

19. Jimmy Hedgehog

Jimmy Hedgehog

England - Slough
    Well I was trying to bounce from right next to it so I'll give the run up a try next time. Still, the intended rail method really should work, I don't know how they could've broken it.

20. FollOw

FollOw

The sun sets forever over Black Water Park Oldbie
    Has anyone else noticed how loud the Background music is compared to the actual voice overs of the characters? Seriously if it wasn't for the subtitles I don't think I would understand most of what anyone is saying in that game. Plus the pacing of the Voice overs are horrible. Some characters cant even finish a sentence before the other ones are talking. I haven't played this game in 13 years and I never noticed these things the first time around...but I'm sure they were there...