don't click here

Sonic is getting trading cards

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Skyler, Sep 18, 2012.

1. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    That's what I had in mind when I brought it up. Makes the whole thing a little more entertaining than just WEEP WOOP SANIC CARDS.

2. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    Ooooohkay :v: I was confused XD

If my template will be of any use anyway, let me know!

3. Bostwick

Bostwick

Er, if those are supposed to be for a game you need some sort of defined rules like stats and key words. All I see is the same kind of general description you'd find on a regular trading card.

4. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    That's what I originally thought people had in mind, but everything in the templates are set up to be easily alterable :)

5. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Guys its a template hes just showing off the design, which I like btw.

So whos going to be the sucker to fork out cash for these .jpgs so we can get them on the wiki?

6. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Get two of the same = Points

Key words: two, same, points :v:

7. I love spending money for shit I don't need, but that's a little out there even for me.

8. The KKM

The KKM

Welcome to the nExt level Member
    Portugal
    IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog comic books
    So what's this I hear that the Sonic 1 animals have been renamed, according to these cards?

9. Barry the Nomad

Barry the Nomad

Site Staff
    Chicago
    SEGAbits
    I was going to make a post about the animal friends being renamed, but I'll just post it here:

So I figured I'd make a news post about the cards over at SEGAbits and it turned into a review. I noted the names being wrong, but it looks like a Stampii rep commented and stated:

"Sega Japan have decided to change (again) the name of Sonic's animal friends so these are the (new) right ones."

So seems SEGA of Japan is doing a bit of brand reorganizing and the Stampii cards are the first to reflect this. I hope this means they'll utilize the animals a bit more in the future!

So, according to the cards (and SoJ):

Flicky is still Flicky [​IMG]
    Rocky is still Rocky [​IMG]
    Pecky is still Pecky [​IMG]

However:

Picky is now Cookie [​IMG]
    Ricky is now Pocky [​IMG]
    Cucky is now Ricky [​IMG]
    Pocky is now Picky [​IMG]

Picky, Ricky and Pocky got shuffled, Cucky was returned (sounded like Cocky, maybe that's why?) and Cookie is new.

10. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    I think the template is just fine.

11. ashthedragon

ashthedragon

Sonic Paradise Researcher
    Spain
    Sonic Paradise & Sonic Ages
    I am doing it. Also, there is extra info, images and videos if you use the Stampii software, some of them are interesting to wikify ( like height charts for almost all the characters). I'm willing to dump those too for the wiki.

Again, if anyone want to help, register in stampii using my username as a refree ( ashthedragon), and if you don't want the cards they give to you for free at register, PM me

12. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Strange tidying up, but good stuff. Thanks for the tip. :thumbsup:

Sent you the eight cards I got, ash. It looks like you get more cards for activating more devices, I guess?

13. David The Lurker

David The Lurker

For some mysterious reason... Administrator
    wait

what

that

no that's stupid why would they do that.

I am hoping that this is just some strange misunderstanding and that Sega of Japan hasn't actually done this. There is no need to change the names of Sonic's animal friends. Cookie?! That doesn't even match the scheme and Ricky is Pocky so Pocky is Picky and wait Sega of Japan hasn't changed the names before that was Sega of America trying to appeal to an American audience in a silly way and

I know this is a small thing but it just baffles and confuses me and I would love to know the reasoning behind it if it was really Sega of Japan who sent down the order. Ignoring the fact that digital trading cards you pay for is a silly idea in the first place. I mean, maybe it's a strange regional thing? Because...changing these names are so arbitrary. They've been the same for years. The only thing I could think would make sense is if they just called Cucky "Clucky" if they were really just afraid of people making cock jokes. Even though everyone has had the chance to do it for the last 21 years.

14. ashthedragon

ashthedragon

Sonic Paradise Researcher
    Spain
    Sonic Paradise & Sonic Ages
    Thanks you for the cards,Gene!

There give you more for activating more devices? I activated PC software, facebook and android, but they didn't give anything. They are also supposed to give you credit money to buy more cards if other use you as a refree, but they aren't giving any to me ( some friend have made me a referee, so they should give me money, but they don't...). Also, the "invite friends" menu is broken.

Stampii sucks ass

15. To their credit, they're apparently working with some of the SSMB members to get all the names and info corrected.

16. Indigo Rush

Indigo Rush

So I heard someone encouraged us to make our own?

[​IMG]

Just a quick mock-up.

17. Lobotomy

Lobotomy

35% Cognac Banned
    Traverse City
    Project: Matter/Energy
    He isn't fifteen anymore.

18. Indigo Rush

Indigo Rush

Erm... yes he is:

http://sonic.sega.jp/SonicChannel/chara/sonic/index.html

19. qwertysonic

qwertysonic

creating the biggest sonic collection
    From Sonic News Network

Sonic's age has always been a tricky one to pinpoint. a mistranslation in the original Japanese? manual states that he was 10 years old. According to the Sonic Technical Files, it says he is 18, "but it's kinda hard to tell. Once Sonic Jam was released, it looked like it was solidified at 16, but Sonic Channel had finalized it as 15. As of Sonic Generations he and the rest of the cast have been elevated by one year.

20. Billy

Billy

RIP Oderus Urungus Member
    Colorado, USA
    Indie games
    Man, Sega should have contacted me when I was 8; I made all sorts of Sonic trading cards back then.

... Okay they were just overpowered Pokemon cards with Sonic characters.