don't click here

Sonic Generations Hacking (and More!)

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Andrew75, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Alright, I apologize for bringing it up. I should have realized it would derail the topic.

In exchange, I give you this:

No, this isn't me, but I kind of laughed when I saw this. Dario, how on earth did you overlook something so simple? :)

2. Dario FF

Dario FF

Tech Support Hotline Tech Member
    I said time and time again I didn't overlook it... I left it intentionally to see how many people would actually go left. There was an invisible wall on an earlier version. Besides, you can't even do that unless you use skills.

Why would I bother playtesting a level I did to show off the concept of laps? I just uploaded it because I expected people to bitch about it if I didn't.

3. Hmm... Hearing about the version with the invisible wall got me thinking. Is there a way to do one-way walls? You know, they only block you if you come at it from a specific side?

4. Dario FF

Dario FF

Tech Support Hotline Tech Member
    One-way wall is simple, you just turn a rigid body on and off with events.

Also regarding Spindash vs Boost: You can't spindash on the air, while air boosting is a useful mechanic.(And it's quite good to design level layouts around it actually) Therefore, it does more. :v:

5. S0LV0

S0LV0

Sonic Generations Helpdesk Tech Member
    Spagonia
    Abusing SMPS
    How do the event triggers work anyway? More specifically to turn a rigid body on and off? I need to make a one-way invisible wall, and I'm not sure what to do...

6. Chimera

Chimera

I'm not a furry. Tech Member
    Castlevania prettyness
    Oooooor just use a oneway floor as a wall xP Either way works, though!

Also seconded. Now let's please not bring that up again xP

7. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I just said I hoped someone fixed classic's 3D spindash at somepoint... then this convo happened... yikes my bad >>

8. barrowsx

barrowsx

I guess this is the proper topic for problems with SonicGLvl, since the main thread for it seems to have been abandoned.

Anyways, I was just testing out importing custom geometry, and so far everything has worked fine, except for the textures. I'm at a loss of how to describe it, but the textures show up as properly mapped in the editor and in 3DS Max, but when I actually play it in Sonic Generations, seemingly random textures are applied to random pieces of geometry (the textures on most things change after I reload the level). Here's an album showing what I mean: http://imgur.com/a/OTGVw

Any help would be appreciated.

9. You know what would complete this? Rising lava. or gradually falling cylinder... the effect on gameplay's the same.

10. Lyrica

Lyrica

(Formerly: Donnyku) Oldbie
    Pennsylvania
    Wedding Planning
    I dunno if I should bother asking in this thread, but anyone got a completed save they'd be willing to share? After 100%ing on the 360, I just don't really want to redo half the missions, and I just want access to all the songs. looking on google, all the saves are for the cracked version, not the Steam version.

11. Polygon Jim

Polygon Jim

Eternal Tech Member
    across town from Hinchy
    All the bitches.
    The save files are the same. Just turn off Steam Cloud and it will make sonic.sav in the games root directory.

12. Lyrica

Lyrica

Pennsylvania
    Wedding Planning
    Thanks, that worked

13. Elratauru

Elratauru

Little Shiny Emurralds Member
    As usually, I'm updating the new levels I saw this past week/weeks so the non-youtube people or those who are lazy to search, can see some progress from different people.

Sky Rail Release: here
    Kingdom Valley Port: here
    Water-part of Kingdom Valley: here
    Seaside-Hill Port from Heroes: here
    Original Planet Wisp Port: here
    Aquarium Park Port: here

I'm really loving those Colors port since the gameplay was really similar (except for some wisps :P) and it kinda fits Generations.

Edit;Fixed the first link, my bad, I had copy the speedrun link.

14. Glaber

Glaber

Has Beaten Sonic Genesis for GBA Oldbie
    that first link if for the test level speed run

15. SonicHyuga

SonicHyuga

Tennessee
    Sky Rail (Generations) and Aquarium Park (Generations)
    Everyone should know of its existence by now, anyway.

16. Elratauru

Elratauru

Little Shiny Emurralds Member
    Fixed.

Yes, but not everybody has the time to search through the last 20 pages or search on Youtube. I just collect the interesting levels for that kind of people
    (I don't have time myself either, but I make some between my job and stuff so I don't miss too much stuff on Retro).

17. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKbYcxuZo6U

Last one is best. :ssh:

18. Lyrica

Lyrica

Pennsylvania
    Wedding Planning
    I'm sure this has been asked, but with 179 pages it'd be easiest to just re-ask. Is there a way to edit the ingame text for the music menu? So that way I could have music choices say for instance, "Big Arms" instead of "What I'm Made of"?

19. I know this has nothing to do with the conversation right now, but has anyone tried to remake Green Hill Zone from the Genesis original game in the game, because I do not like how the Green Hill Zone now is much like a Neo Green Hill Zone, perhaps the mixture of Emerald Hill and Green Hill Zone is much like the Green Hill Zone we have now, but it would be great for the original level.

This for example... is Emerald Hill. You get the point right?

20. Harmony Friends

Harmony Friends

it's the whole gang Oldbie
    I'm also extremely interested in the answer to this question.