don't click here

Sonic Adventure 2 XBLA

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Narstyle, Apr 4, 2012.

1. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    Something I noticed in that trailer is that Sonic has his traditional shoes in the SA2 cover pose Uewaka image in the trailer, but his SOAP shoes in the game itself. I wonder what's up with that?

EDIT: Late to the party

2. Mike Arcade

Mike Arcade

Free Scriber of Mobius Member
    ...that's what I just said.

3. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    My bad.

4. The art with his normal shoes isn't new, it's even on the Retro page for SA2. The only reason I remember that is because I thought it was odd they even made artwork with them, it's also weird that they used it in the video

5. darkspines35

darkspines35

It's Easy Actually. No, seriously. Tech Member
    .V.
    Sanik Adevnt Casters
    I would suspect it's nothing to do with "SOAP Shoes being removed" or any options to remove them. It's most likely because Sega pulled from their "Sonic Art Assets DVD" to get his art in particular. Just go check the Art Assets DVD and you'll find that all the SA2 art has the original shoes.

Back on the main topic of the game, woot! Really looking forward to this. Probably shouldn't be THIS happy, but I am. :specialed: And October 3rd anyone? Haha. Just a month left :v:

6. Off topic, but Jet Grind Radio comes out in September and this current month IS September! :D

Also, pretty neat there's developer interviews with the games. It's a neat little bonus.

7. Shadic

Shadic

Olympia, WA
    Home improvement eternal
    So I played this at PAX. It's weird playing with an PS3 controller. It looks pretty decent running in HD though.

8. Ayu Tsukimiya

Ayu Tsukimiya

UGUU~ Member
    I'm mostly looking forward to how much this, JSR, and NiGHTS will get hacked. Newer models is fine by me.

9. ashthedragon

ashthedragon

Sonic Paradise Researcher
    Spain
    Sonic Paradise & Sonic Ages
    Jet Set/Grind Radio comes next week for PS Plus users....I wonder if SA2 will take the same treatment

10. DustArma

DustArma

Santiago, Chile
    Learning Python.
    So PC versions confirmed officially, at least in the case of SA2 which wasn't, notice the Steam logo at the end of the trailer.

11. Arique

Arique

SHUWATCH! Member
  12. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Um, why would you regret that? Stadium and Retro don't have any bad blood. Stadium = TSS. That site people don't like = TSSZ.

I'm looking forward to this release. If Ken Balough keeps to his word, I should be scoring a free code for the game once it's out.

13. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Wouldn't quite say that since there are still a few of its members still in Pending Limbo and are butthurt about it, but otherwise were pretty cool.

14. Dude

Dude

Tech Member
    Southbridge, MA
    Random VR/AR trash
    I wish they'd use the cutscene model as the ingame one. And how much do you want to bet that 2p mode is still using those dumb low-detail models?

Come on SEGA step it up!

15. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    They know the guidelines. They're spelled out right there. (shruuuug)

Impressions from PAX all seem the same: it's SA2 again. Only now in widescreen. Yep. Nothing to see here at all.

16. TheInvisibleSun

TheInvisibleSun

OVER THE TOP TECHNO-BLAST Member
    Buffalo, NY, USA
    The Water
    Then I think I'll just be moving on then; I really wanted to see real improvements and enhancements to the game.

17. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    I don't care if it just the barebones DC version, so long as its coming to PC thats all that matters.

18. It's called a rerelease for a reason. There's a big difference between a remake and a rerelease. All it is is upscaled, HD resolution and widescreen support. It's going to be exactly the same as Sa2B minus the B part which will probably be DLC. Why do you people expect so much out of a rerelease?

19. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    I guess you could imagine it as the weakest of three of the upcoming "collection."

-Jet Set Radio gets updated to include nearly every single track in the global soundtrack.
    -NiGHTS into Dreams is getting its PS2 iteration released globally and apparently comes packaged with Christmas NiGHTS
    -SA2... is.

If anything, people should pick up JSR foremost just to support Sega's effort for corralling all that music together. That alone is a treacherous legal quagmire to venture.

20. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    I can see how you might feel that SA2 was given the least attention of the three. But updating (or otherwise improving) it would require more development work than JSR and NiGHTS. You mentioned JSR and how difficult it must have been to get that music together, but that music was already created. NiGHTS into Dreams is just getting portceptioned. Yes, it's the better port (or rather, a port that was never released globally), but it's still just a port. Christmas NiGHTS came with the PS2 version anyway.

I can't think of anything they could have done with SA2 besides restore the Big cameos. Anything else would've required actually diving into the game and fixing shit.