don't click here

Sonic Fan Remix

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by pelikan13, Mar 13, 2010.

1. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    Mmk, why has SEGA not jumped onto this engine? Damnit, I demand they march up to Damizean, get on their knees and BEG him to use that engine, hire him and have him help in a new Classic Sonic game :.

2. Tylinos

Tylinos

They're busy thanking Taxman for already making a classic engine for them.

3. gummyworm

gummyworm

So... Unity was ported to XNA/WP7 (sort of)

http://www.ubergizmo.com/2012/02/fast-forward-unity-games-windows-phone/

DOES THIS MEAN SFR ON XBOX/WINDOWS PHONE?
    (or, at least - how difficult would said port be?)

4. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    I would like to know pelikan13 thoughts on Episode 2 borrowing ideas from his fangame. And to fix his first post because its nothing but a broken HTML mess now.

Also BAWWW WHY U NO CONTINUE?!?!?!

5. Damizean

Damizean

As classic as rock Member
    Valencia, EspaƱa
    Various projects
    A PRO license + the Windows Phone license (Over 1.5k USD)

6. gummyworm

gummyworm

Oh yeah... licensing is a bitch >.<

at least they're keeping FastForward open source :P

7. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Alright, enough of this. I've removed all the crap about bouncing physics, y'all stop feeding the uninformed and trolls now, y'hear? =P

8. medj

medj

I'm the owner of the domain sonicfanremix.com and I was wondering if there was anyone who was interested in buying it off me. PM me if interested.

9. Falk

Falk

I'll take it.

12 dollars.

edit: nm, PM sent as well.

10. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    I'm a little out of the loop on this one. Is pelikan13 still part of this project, or was it handed off? And has it just been put aside or totally cancelled? It's been a while since I really checked in here.

11. dsrb

dsrb

A few pages back:

12. medj

medj

I only talked to Pelikan today for the first time in 6+ months. I was hosting his website as well as the domain sonicfanremix.com for him. I have not decided yet, but I probably will not be renewing my hosting for another term, so that is why I asked Pelikan today what the status of his project was and he told me that he is no longer working on SFR. The domain expires in October 2012, so I will see what sorta offers I get on the domain until then. I checked the stats and it still gets quite a few hits after all this time.

13. Lanzer

Lanzer

Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Thats...dissapointing. Wish he just came back and SAID something to us instead of just leading us on this whole time.

Can he at least come back and release what he has or open source it so 1 of us can step up and finish? it'd be a shame to see such a good potential fangame go to waste.

14. Mike Arcade

Mike Arcade

Free Scriber of Mobius Member
    Ohh...who the hell didn't see THIS one coming! Seriously, it happens all the time. I love a good fan game as much as the next guy but really a fan game is only complete under a blue moon, with the stars and planets aligned. It was fun while it lasted I guess.

15. Lanzer

Lanzer

Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Yeah I know it was bound to happen, what I didn't like though was pelikan13 just going "kay leading you on forever while I drop off the face of the earth, bai!" and just leave this topic hanging like this.

At least come back and give us proper closure.

16. Mike Arcade

Mike Arcade

Dude, that's how most fan games end, usually if there isn't an update within a lifespan of a year or maybe 2 it's been dead for awhile. It's a curse really, the curse of the fan game. But hey at least there are those (like are good favorite The Taxman) who do announce the end of a project, and most of the time it is reasonable why to end such a thing (After all we got a remake of Sonic CD). Though there are others that don't give up and do make a complete fan game (good example: Hez), and for those of you out there, I thank you whole heartly. We need more guys like that out there in communites really.

17. Lanzer

Lanzer

Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    I know, its just a sad fact. I remember my first fangame I got my dreams crushed on. I'll always miss you, Sonic Adventure Remix...

Yeah really I agree Hez, Falk & Lakefeperd you guys are awesome for sticking to your guns and finishing what you guys start. Kudos we have you guys in our community.

And I always felt that Taxman just kind of shelved his fangame and never really outright canceled it, I mean a chance to work at SEGA and remake one of the best Sonic games of all time?! that definitely came first before some fangame project. but I'd bet it would've been really awesome if it ever saw completion. maybe we will see one day.

18. Mike Arcade

Mike Arcade

Heh, I remember SA Remix too, I think Advance sprites are over used too much (ESPECALLY the Sonic Ballet move being use as the spin attack and spin jump) but still it looked good while it lasted.

Yeah but still making original games pay the bills you know, or remaking them offically in Tax's case. I'd love to see someone take over Sonic XG and Sonic Nexus, hell THAT much content is enough for two games, and I do hate losing zones like Golden Gate, well any zones for that matter.

Come to think of it, I should practice programming some more.

19. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    Sad to hear he's done with it.

However, looking back at the first few pages of this thread, seeing people say that this game was outright fake, never going to see the light of day, etc. he accomplished a lot, especially considering he even got re-tweeted by Naka himself. It's always sad to see a good fangame die :(

Oh well, After the Sequel to look forward to :)

20. Deef

Deef

I'm pretty sure pelikan did give us said closure.

Anyway, SFR would have to be my biggest heartbreak of a cancelled fangame. Some fangames I have a strong interest in, some I really like, but SFR was really something uniquely special. I was genuiney hyped; I got that excited feeling just firing it up for the first time. Something looking so alive and brilliant, playing so brilliantly. It also happens to have by far my favourite model of classic Sonic. I wasn't even one to make a big fuss about that kind of thing but, floppy shoes aside, Sonic looked just perfect to me in this one.

Yeah, I really miss that feeling. It was so good. :(

Ima play it now.