don't click here

Sonic CD now out for everything except Nintendo consoles

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Rosie

Rosie

aka Rosie Member
    The rolling sound isn't in the original game either. I just checked because I've been playing it on my PS3 and found it really weird.

Loving how awesome it is to plug in a USB Mega Drive controller with this bastard.

2. Peace Of Mind

Peace Of Mind

Washington, DC
    Lots of stuff in FL Studio
    You can do that? With a PS3?

Also, sorry my first post is so short.

3. Kilron

Kilron

I'm running Gingerbread, though it's an unofficial version because the update Samsung put out is slow and nobody who actually has this phone has figured out how to root it yet. However, I had FroYo when CD first came out, and the issue existed even then. And yes, I've tried all the keys. Only the arrows move me, while numbers 1-4 and the ok key make me jump.

4. OKei

OKei

OKeijiDragon Member
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_YjiBUVeLk

I recorded my best time in the second Special Stage of Sonic CD (the 2011 remake; Steam). I used HyperCam 2 to record.

5. Nova

Nova

Anyone having multi-touch issues on ICS-based phones (particularly the international HTC One X and possibly the Galaxy S3)...

There are several things to watch out for right now that are causing multi-touch issues for a lot of people - if you have a lockscreen replacement installed, you may experience some issues. WidgetLocker in particular is known to cause this behaviour. Uninstalling any such software should solve the issues some people are having.

However, if you're running CM9 or any AOSP/AOKP-based ICS ROM, you will usually experience issues - many of these ROMs do not have correct implementation of multi-touch and so causes issues when playing certain games. I've experienced it on Max Payne, GTA3 and Sonic CD.

For any of you wondering "What the fuck are you talking about, Nova?", it's the issue that manifests itself when releasing a pressure point on the screen. Basically, this is what will happen if you experience the issue:
    1. Place thumb on D-Pad, begin holding right, everything goes normally.
    2. Reach an enemy/platform/whatever and press the jump button.
    3. Upon releasing finger from jump button, the phone acts as though all the users' fingers have left the screen (ie. They stop moving and stop jumping)
    4. To continue gameplay, fingers must be replaced on the screen.

Very, very annoying issue so thought I'd shed some light on it for anyone wondering.

:v:

6. Tets

Tets

one rude dude Oldbie
    *sigh* New installation of Windows and an upgraded video card, now Sonic CD runs painfully slow. I don't get it at all. I bought a used Radeon AGP card, listed as an HD3650 but identifies in the device manager as a VisionTek 2600 XT (either way, still better than my 9600 Pro) and I have the Catalyst 12.6 driver from the VisionTek site installed.

7. That One Jig

That One Jig

aka RichterSnipes Member
    Somewhere in America
    (Not) Working on My PokéHack
    Well, I managed to lose my save data when updating Sonic CD for my Android device. And my backup won't resurrect it, so that really sucks.

Also, I take it that it is now impossible to switch the game's videos, specifically the Japanese videos to ones with lyrics? Both that and my save data issues seem to be casualties of switching to the obb format for data. I understand the reasoning for the change, though (more tolerable download method).

The bug fixes and haptic feedback are nice, BTW. I didn't like having to un-mute my phone's ringtone just to get sound in-game, so yay for that.

8. So I just double dipped because this game is sweet, and got the Xbox 360 version of the game. The demo promised a theme similar to the one PS3 owners got, but it doesn't actually seem to be in the game. Anyone know what's up with that?

9. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    Now that I see it, taxman forgot to scale the BG of the special stages, Look how the 'planet' on the background appears as an ellipse instead of a circumference!

10. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    There isn't one. It is a mistake that it's there in the first place.

11. Retroman

Retroman

I remember that in the Sonic CD PC release for Windows 95/98 that when Sonic rolls, the Spin sound plays on the duration on the roll. There are a number of differences in the PC-version that I notice like the oil-slick in the Special Stage. I don't know about layout differences.

Just Saying. It's not a big deal, we all have lives :v: Well, some of us at times.

I want to play Sonic CD PC to compare the differences and show my findings in another thread.

12. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

You can compare the Gems Collection one if you have it because that's the PC version. It shouldn't have the spinning effect used constantly when spinning because mine doesn't and I also had the PC version which didn't have that feature either. Is there a different revision or are you just remembering wrongly? ;)

13. Retroman

Retroman

If you have a Mega CD and the original Sonic CD, you could always soft-mod your Wii to install Homebrew Channel + WAD and install Genesis Plus GX since the new version supports Sega CD games.

So yeah, Home brewers do what Sega & Nintendon't.

14. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    No CD music yet.

Or widescreen, or playable Tails, or...

15. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    The game's out on PC. There is no reason why everyone shouldn't be able to own this in some way, Wii be damned.

16. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

It's already on the Wii, Sonic Gems ;) Seriously! The Wii has most Sonic games.

17. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    Unfortunately, the Gems release is easily the worst version of the game.

18. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

It's not that bad, it's missing the coloured water and it only displays in 50htz, and the sound is not always as crisp for the effects due to it being the PC port which used sound in a different way or something, but worst isn't saying much when the game in question is damn amazing. Still, I do agree with you.

19. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    The sound effects sound terrible. They were converted to some very low bitrate wav , 16KHz I guess.

20. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    The PC port has a bad case of port-ception but it still runs pretty good. no reason not to get it. :)