don't click here

Rockman X7

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Captain L, Aug 14, 2012.

1. Captain L

Captain L

The guy who likes Shadow the Hedgehog Member
    Waiting for the coming of the Great White Hankerchief
    So I just got my copy of Rockman X7 in the mail. For the uninitiated, the PC version was only released in Korea. So I get the game, put the disc in, and it gives me this window.
    [​IMG]
    The first option seems to be install. The second, I assume is uninstall or something. The third is install DirectX 8.1, and the fourth seems to be exit. So I click the first button to install the game, and after running an installer for a few seconds, I get this message, which I assume is an error message.
    [​IMG]
    And nothing else happens. Anyone know what to do?

2. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    It's mojibake, but it looks like it's tripping up on something to do with D******X7.msi - DirectX 7?

3. Captain L

Captain L

No, it's D:****X7, so it's D drive referring to X7. At least, I'm pretty sure that's what it is.

4. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Derp, how did I not see that. XD

My comment about mojibake stands, though. You need to transcribe that and throw it into a converter.

5. Captain L

Captain L

Which begs the question: How do I do that?

6. Digiku

Digiku

Oldbie
    InstallShield error #1155 supposedly, but not necessarily, happens with foreign language software expecting to see the country's locale as the system default.

http://www.pchelpforum.com/xf/threads/installshield-1155-error-when-installing-software-need-help.110363

I think it also happens with missing files. Do a Google search.

7. Captain L

Captain L

Is that going to mess up anything else on my computer?

And I tried running the setup on my Mac through WINE (which understands Korean), and the error message apparently says "error reading setup initialization file".

EDIT: I tried changing the setting to Korean, and it didn't do anything.

8. plushifoxed

plushifoxed

that power is yet unknown Oldbie
    jazzy nyc
    puella magi chroma magica
    Try running the setup program in AppLocale set to Korean language. Less drastic than changing your whole system locale, and should still have the desired effect.

9. Captain L

Captain L

Sounds like a good idea. Uhhh....where can I get it? Microsoft's page doesn't exist anymore, and I'm not finding other good results.

EDIT: Alright, I downloaded AppLocale, enabled East Asian scripts, and attempted to run the installation again. New error message: 1628.

And if it helps at all, here's an image of the files on the CD.
    [​IMG]

10. Captain L

Captain L

I just thought of something. Would using AppLocale to start the launcher make it so it can't access the installer package normally? I'm just thinking, I'm really running out of ideas here. Every single fix for 1628 errors I've found online have failed.

11. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Have you tried copying everything to your hard drive and renaming that installer with the Korean letters to something else?

12. Captain L

Captain L

And running the setup application off the hard drive? Did so, always got a 1155 error.

13. 아힝흥행

아힝흥행

Korea/Canada
    A fan movie that is about 10 minute
    Its the protection , so other than Korean Computers (Alas, windows 7 series like Windows 7 K , which is sold only in korea) it would probably not work .

(Thats what I think anyways, since I tried to play some old Korean games on a laptop I bought from Canada, it didn't work, and gave similiar errors like those)

Or , the iso you downloaded , or the disk you have is terribly scratched. And the msi might be horribly defected

because as far as I know, even the fresh copys of Megaman X7 on pc apparently has issues with installing

I dunno, there are many possibilites why it might not work, but I can't really give you a tip to getting it work . :v:

Edit: or fuck it you could download this so called Megaman X collection torrent thingy , which did work on my canadian laptop.

http://www.torrentrg.com/bbs/board.php?bo_table=torrent_game&wr_id=7893

[​IMG]

14. Captain L

Captain L

Weird, seeing as how I never heard of problems like this when I did my research before buying it. I can guarantee the problem isn't the disk, because I bought it factory sealed. It's the best looking disc I've ever seen in my life.

Well, it's too bad that I couldn't get this to work. I wanted to play the last 2 games in the X series, and I don't have a PS2. At least the seller offers returns.

15. 아힝흥행

아힝흥행

Korea/Canada
    A fan movie that is about 10 minute
    X7 is the one thats the least worth it playing. Off topic, but since it was factory sealed how much did you pay for it?

16. Captain L

Captain L

I don't care what anyone says, I refuse to believe X7 could be worse than X6. And even if it's bad, I still want to play the whole series.
    But for pricing, I payed $8 for it, plus $4 shipping from Korea. Pretty good price.