don't click here

Sonic Adventure 2 XBLA

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Narstyle, Apr 4, 2012.

1. 10.00 is super instant buy, September can't come soon enough. Thanks for the information.

2. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Precisely. We all know how sloppy the ports have been in terms of optimisation - that said, I suppose a decent comparison point would be the current SA1 PC port:

Now let's compare Generations:

Putting aside HDD space (SA1/2 fit onto a 1GB GD-ROM when first launched, Generations was never targetted at less than a 9GB DVD), the specs aren't THAT much higher for Generations.

3. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    I run SA1 on my laptop, and it is far skimpier than those requirements. Not really a good measuring stick.

4. JaredAFX

JaredAFX

You telling me a shrimp fried this rice? Member
    Florida
    Downloading megahertz
    My desktop has 64MB of dedicated VRAM, and it runs Adventure on all of the highest settings perfectly. I have found no differences between it, the 360 version and PS3 version.

5. Sey

Sey

But is that the 2004 or the 2010 release?

6. JaredAFX

JaredAFX

You telling me a shrimp fried this rice? Member
    Florida
    Downloading megahertz
    2010 release. I wouldn't have compared the 2003 version to the 360 and PS3, I would've compared it to the GC version (which is my favorite, as it's not a port of the 2003 PC version. It also doesn't have that S4EpI shininess thing going on.)

7. Minferno

Minferno

sorry for mini-bumping this I guess but

Oh my God.
    PC version is confirmed! I have literally been craving this game since I was 7 (when I got SADXPC for the first time). I have to say the thing I'm looking forward to the most is the chao. SA2B (and I'm hoping it's that) had the best chao system of any Sonic game ever, and chao are the only thing getting me to play SADX over and over again. The chao genetics work properly in that game (I heard they don't in the 360/PS3 versions of SADX), too.

As I've never played this game before I'm hoping it's going to meet my expectations. But I enjoyed every aspect of SADX (except Big's fishing levels, they still deny me from completing the game to this day :<) so I don't see any reason why I shouldn't have a blast while playing it.

But yeah. Super excited. it's coming out in October, right?

8. Arique

Arique

SHUWATCH! Member
    Microsoft's XBLA page used to say October 10th before Sega got rid of that page, so yes.

9. Rosie

Rosie

aka Rosie Member
    If you were always that desperate to play the game, why not just emulate it? Or hell, buy a Dreamcast or Gamecube.

10. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Seriously, are people that inept at catching a frog to complete SADX? Just lure and float over him and the computer's idiotic A.I. should cause him to swim into you 7/10ths of the time. Big is arguably the easiest to speed right through knowing this.

11. Billy

Billy

RIP Oderus Urungus Member
    Colorado, USA
    Indie games
    But getting the lure over to him was the hard part. No matter which direction I press, it always seems to go off in some random direction. I didn't exactly spend time learning the intricacies of Big's lure, though.

12. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    No real need to "learn the intricacies." You cast it near him, tap the stick a few times, and when he bites, you clamp down the hook by pushing down and A (IIRC). After that, it's just reeling him in.

13. Rosie

Rosie

aka Rosie Member
    I believe at one point I was unable to beat SADX PC because I couldn't get Big to pick up the car, as he would never face the right direction with keyboard controls XD

14. Minferno

Minferno

Why didn't I emulate it/get a DC/GC?

1. I didn't want to do anything illegal plus my computer was old and didn't have much memory.
    2. I'm(our whole family are) not allowed TV consoles. :<

But, back on topic, in a way, who here likes the chao feature of SA2B?

15. Addictive when first played, kinda slow and repetitive nowadays. I found it sometimes boring to have to replay the same stage over and over just the get the same rare animal I want.

If there was a way to be able to get animals more easily or something, I'd be more for it.

16. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Really the worst part about Big (aside from getting all of his Emblems which can be a pain at times) was in Ice Cap. If you fished at that one hole near the start and something went under you, your line would just automatically snap. Other than that I just view it as an obstacle to get over when playing through SA1.

17. Joltanz Mantis

Joltanz Mantis

! Member
    Quebec, Canada
    I sing
    I object. The worst part was getting an A-Rank in Twinkle Park, since there weren't any sharks, so you had to pray the mechanical fish you got was enough, which 60% of the time, it wasn't.

18. Jimmy Hedgehog

Jimmy Hedgehog

England - Slough
    Getting the motivation to continue old projects
    Oh god what Mantis said...Twinkle Park was a nightmare. Hot Shelter was the easiest to get the A-rank and the shortest too in my opinion. Emerald Coast was easy but took more effort to get to.

19. Joltanz Mantis

Joltanz Mantis

! Member
    Quebec, Canada
    I sing
    Ice Cap and Hot Shelter are actually really interesting. I only wish they hid the big fish at the end of these levels because there's some mildly interesting level design going on in these levels.
    But nope. Instead Froggy and the big fish are all in the initial body of water, so there's no platforming to alleviate the pain / boredom of fishing.

Back on topic too, I enjoyed the chao, but I still hate the concept of Chao stuff being a spectator game. It's too random so I can't get into the races and karate. I do enjoy raising though. I always have one chao that I cruelly abuse then pet over and over because I'm sick. :ssh:

20. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.