don't click here

Sonic Before the Sequel'12 - Released with OST

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by Falk, Dec 6, 2011.

1. Valvatorez

Valvatorez

Hades
    I want to take this moment and say that I have NO IDEA why I'm liking "Flight of the... Thing" so much. It's just such a well paced boss theme.

More tracks have grown on me as I've played them in context, too.

You know what Wood Zone (the music) reminds me of, though? Lyle in Cube Sector.

2. Falk

Falk

http://vgmdb.net/db/collection.php?do=show&albumid=34568 HAH

(My folder name is gosu)

3. VizardJeffhog

VizardJeffhog

Sonic Stadium Staffer, Gamnesia Writer Member
    Ottawa
    Hey look, Falk's on The Sonic Stadium/SEGASonic:Radio! But who's that sexy bastard interviewing him, I wonder...?

In any case, I do actually hope to do this again following Sonic After the Sequel! And not just you and me, Falk! >D

4. Falk

Falk

"The other facet is avoiding ‘simple harmony'. There's virtually no Sonic music that's written in block chords"

Well, I sure lied out my ass there, didn't I? (S4E1/E2)

5. dsrb

dsrb

Interesting interview. :)

Did you mean melodically, or what? Just curious.

6. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Does anyone have a save that goes past Perilous Paradise Zone? I can't take that stage anymore! this is my 15th attempt at it and that air bubble glitch + the water slowdown + no checkpoints makes it completely impossible for me to finish it.

I like this game and all, but that level man its just headache inducing.

7. VizardJeffhog

VizardJeffhog

Sonic Stadium Staffer, Gamnesia Writer Member
    Ottawa
    This happened to me once, but I managed to get past that by going on another route. xD

8. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.

Its this one forced underwater route in act 1 that seems to be getting the best of me. can't get past it then I have to start all over again from the beginning, its very aggravating.

9. Falk

Falk

As a little kid I could never figure out the chord progression.

10. Mercury

Mercury

His Name Is Sonic Tech Member
    Location Location
    AeStHete
    Somehow it doesn't surprise me that even as a little kid you were actually trying to do that.

11. Falk

Falk

I hope he doesn't mind me bringing it up here but KgZ got an e-mail yesterday from Jun Senoue praising the soundtrack. :O

12. Blivsey

Blivsey

Charismatic Sonicaholic Member
    ...that is some hot shit right there. I wouldn't mind if Jun took a leaf out of this music team's book.

13. KgZ

KgZ

Herp derp Member
    Sonic After the Sequel
    [​IMG]

Yeah I was pretty stoked when I saw this in my inbox. I crossed out his email because I don't think it would be good to throw out his email to the internet like that.

I'm sure I can speak for the four us on this project that the guy who inspired us so much in our music, that he praised our work, is probably one of the best feelings as an artist. All I can do now is kick even more ass on After the Sequel and hope for the best =)

14. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    That is freaking outstanding.

And well deserved! All of you guys really outdid yourselves with this soundtrack. When the composer of one of the most recognized game franchises out there takes notice, you're definitely doing something right :thumbsup:

15. Tiller

Tiller

HDK & World Runner

No friggin' way. You guys should feel proud. You did a bang up job with the soundtrack and I'll be jammin' for a good time to come.

Just finished up my second playthrough now with some of the lovely music. Though some of the sheen wore off after the first run I gotta say I had a ton of fun. Same flaws still apply from my essay before minus the music, though some of the visual work was improved.

You heard Jun though, keep it up. I can't wait to hear what you come up with with AtS.

16. Elratauru

Elratauru

Little Shiny Emurralds Member
    You know what I'd totally love? To run this on a 16:9 resolution a la Hez (Sonic Classic) :O... Is that even possible in any sort of way without breaking everything? :O... I'd love to try it on my 23'' LED,.

17. I know you said you don't want to do anymore updates, but could I please beg you to reconsider? The water level you play as Tails in is absolutely impossible to beat. I died at the same spot about twenty or thirty times because Tails would go through the air bubble instead of picking it up. I finally got frustrated enough to turn on my recording program and try to record the glitch to show you, and realized that if the game lags at all for any reason, the drowning timer speeds up and I can't even survive long enough to reach the first set of air bubbles.

I love this game a lot, and I really want to see the rest of the new soundtrack and how they match up to their respective levels. Could you please look at the coding for the air bubbles and see why it won't let me pick them up? If not, do you have some sort of cheat I can use to skip this level and keep going? I've beaten it once before on the original version of the game, so I wouldn't really consider this cheating. I don't know why I didn't have this issue with the old version.

If you still want to see how bad this problem is, YouTube is processing my video right now. However, it says that my 3:00 video will take another hour to upload (what the hell?!), so I'll just come back and edit in the video when it's done.

EDIT: Finished Processing. Here's the video.

18. Falk

Falk

I'm not Lake, so don't take my reply as insinuating any plans (yes or no or even maybe) but 'u' skips levels.

19. LakeFeperd

LakeFeperd

Spark the electric jester
    @Elratauru
    not really =/
    sonic worlds itself want really made for a wide screen. you can still do it, but there is a lot to fix.

@Kharen
    well, yeah, you can skip the level by pressing U on the keyboard, but this glitch was really unexpected.
    I thought I've fixed it, and I also thought I've fixed the one with the bubles...
    but no, I'm not going to release another build, I would feel very irresponsible if I did it.
    sory for that :(

20. The Shad

The Shad

↑ & ↓ & ↻ Oldbie
    Irresponsible is leaving your game with a glitch that can completely ruin it for people.

That said, I understand where you're coming from, you can't stay on BTF forever. Maybe it's something you can look into later once you've finished with ATF and taken a break. If not, it's your decision ultimately.

Though, now that I know about U, I can skip that zone because it's probably my least favorite out of what is an otherwise amazing fangame :P