don't click here

Sonic Adventure 2 XBLA

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Narstyle, Apr 4, 2012.

1. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    YES! THANK GOD YES!!

*Ahem* I mean, Splended. now we have more reason to buy SA2 now. Thank you very much SEGA.

2. I laughed at this being there, but now I can't remember which character has the word "damn" in their theme song.

Was it Knuckles or Shadow or what

But yes, I am happy to see this, all we need now is a release date.

3. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    Death Chamber.

"Ya damn right, Knuckles."

Although I thought that part was only on the soundtrack.

4. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    It is only on the soundtrack.

5. trakker

trakker

The guy that's been warned! Member
    Let the endless mods and model/level hacks begin, I'm sure some clever dick will make "Sonic adventure 2: Bug free edition"

Holy crap please please please give us the ability to have chao adventure on out iPhones and Blackberrys etc

*Send Chao to Blackberry garden? Connect usb cable*

6. JaredAFX

JaredAFX

You telling me a shrimp fried this rice? Member
    Florida
    Downloading megahertz
    YES. This would be amazing. I mean, it's only a port, like SA1, except with actual widescreen, so I don't think that'll happen. I'd be awesome, though.

7. Tiranno

Tiranno

Steveosaurus Rex Member
    The moment the pre-order screen appears on Steam I'm there.

I'd like to see a few things from modding:

-Removal of soap shoes (Sorry soap fans they just look like clown shoes to me)
    -Imports of Generations levels (See if the adventure formula can truly work with modern design)
    -Possibly replace Sonic's model with Generations classic Sonic

8. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Honestly go one step further and replace all in game models with their generations counterparts.

But this is a valid point, I have to get this game for the PC now that we have these possibilities. It would be so strange to see classic Sonic in any of those cutscenes though, so out of place (Classic Robotnik holding the gun up to classic Sonic while he walks up and says "You've turned into a big time villain doctor!" would be quite odd looking indeed)

What I really would like to see though from PC hacking is reassigning the buttons to not conflict with each other. Spin dash, somersault (the beginning of those god awful useless "slide" moves...), light dash, and bounce should all be on different buttons (magic hands should be on a different button too so I might actually use it). I figure it could work like this (Sonic on Xbox 360 controller)

A = Jump + Homing attack
    B = somersault/crouch/brake
    X = Spin dash/Bounce attack
    Y = Light Dash
    LT = Whistle/That melody thing
    RT = Magic Hands

Lot of buttons, but it would make it easier IMO then assigning everything to X.

9. SF94

SF94

Tech Member
    The problem with this is that they'd be really out of place unless you revamp the entire game. It's like taking a sprite from Sonic Advance and throwing it in Sonic 1. It just doesn't fit with the rest of the game's aesthetic. Even if you were to replace all of the models with their Generations counterparts, there's still going to be a lot of leftovers, and one way or the other, one of the styles will be out of place.

10. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Perhaps, but it would at least be something neat to see and screw around with even if it didn't look exactly right.

Actually, there is only one graphic mod I really want. A mod that makes it so none of the power ups are visible. Knuckles's "Bling" just looks ridiculous after a while.

11. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    You only have to use the Magic Hands like...one time though.

12. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Correction, you never have to use magic hands. It's just fun for shits and gigs, but I feel like if it was assigned to a button I might actually want to use it, unlike in its current state.

13. Rosie

Rosie

aka Rosie Member
    You mean to get out of the place where you get the Magic Hands? =P

14. If you're a pussy, it can be useful for the Artificial Chaos over a pit in Canon's Core.

15. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    :(

16. Shadic

Shadic

Olympia, WA
    Home improvement eternal
    Yeah, I can't wait to see what modders do to this game.

SA1-esque Tails in all Sonic/Shadow levels please.

17. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Everyone in Sonic/Shadow's levels please. Especially mechless Eggman.

18. Rosie

Rosie

aka Rosie Member
    Mechless Eggman Vs. Final Hazard, complete with Superman-style flying animation, that's what I want to see.

It's a shame that SEGA aren't bringing these new releases to handheld consoles, playing Dreamcast games on the go would be really cool.

+ - See, I stopped myself doing a CSI: Miami and saying it would be a dream come true.  

But I do think that the portable market is one of the best places for re-releases. At home most people would rather play on newer titles, but I'd think it would be awesome if, for example, I could play through a bit of an old classic while taking the train to work. Oh well, at least I'll have Power Stone on the go.

19. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    I don't know how this stuff works, but would it be possible to do model/animation swaps to replace SA2 Sonic with Generations Sonic?

20. darkspines35

darkspines35

It's Easy Actually. No, seriously. Tech Member
    .V.
    Sanik Adevnt Casters
    The thing with modding SA2 is the model format still isn't fully understood, but there's been progress. As for animations, same format as SADX so those can be edited, but there's no editor...yet... It would require quite a bit of work to pull that off though.