don't click here

Sonic Adventure 2 XBLA

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Narstyle, Apr 4, 2012.

1. JaredAFX

JaredAFX

You telling me a shrimp fried this rice? Member
    Florida
    Downloading megahertz
    It's strange to see a bunch of different people talk about this game in an unforgiving light. I've always loved it from the beginning, and that hasn't changed. Now that I'm older, I've been getting better at the game, by ridiculous amounts. I can A Rank almost every Sonic mission, when before I really picked up the game again a few years ago, I kept getting E Ranks. I'd like to just dismiss what all of you have said, but I can't. It's all true. I'm still going to love this game, even with its faults, however. Even the original trilogy have their own problems (Not to the degree of this game, more technical), and they're regarded as the best Sonic games much more often than the 3D games.

2. Peace Of Mind

Peace Of Mind

Washington, DC
    Lots of stuff in FL Studio
    The old trilogy didn't throw hunting or shooting stages at me.

3. Jen

Jen

#lapidot Moderator
    England
    Various drawings
    Haha, I feel like such an old fart right now - I was 4 when I played my first Sonic game too... but it was Sonic 1 on the Mega Drive when the game had only been out for a year D:

The thing with SA2 is, I really loved it when it was first released. I remember getting the Dreamcast version on my 14th birthday and pretty much playing it to death. Over the years I've grown less and less fond of it though. It still has a place in my heart insofar as I have some very fond memories of when I first played the game, but I simply don't enjoy it that much now. I find the hunting levels to be extremely tedious, much more so than in SA1. I don't have too much of an issue with the shooting levels per se, but as SONIC levels, they're just wrong. For me Sonic should be about moving quickly whilst keeping everything flowing rather than about slowly trudging through a level and shooting at things. I dunno, I just find SA2 to be very over-rated and it's aged rather horribly to say the least. I was actually playing it yesterday and it's just nasty after playing the likes of Colours and Generations.

The original trilogy may not technically be perfect but those games have aged a hell of a lot better than the Adventure games.

4. Burnt Ash

Burnt Ash

Sonic + faceground = Member
    You know...I'd love to see Knuckles's running animation fixed here. It looks really odd when he's running at full speed. Other than that, I hope that they could map the light speed dash and the bounce attack on separate buttons...you know...light speed dash + bottomless never ends well in this game (or 06 for that matter).

5. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    That would be kind of nice to see, it was always a pain to cycle through all of Knuckles moves to activate his sunglasses. They had a completely unused button that that would have fit just fine into.

6. JaredAFX

JaredAFX

Florida
    Downloading megahertz
    I don't think your separate LSD and Bounce Attack idea would work. The game is... ambidextrous, for lack of a better term. You can use either the B Button or the X Button to do the same things, and Y in some cases to switch what you can do with the B/X Button (For example, standing right next to a Chao usually makes you pet it, but you can press Y to change "Pet" to "Pick" to "Whistle" and back.) I mean, they could, but that would mess up the controls for some people, including me. I usually use X on the Dreamcast and B on the GameCube, but I switch all the time, especially on the DC version.

7. Also note they didn't change the buttons for the SA XBL/PSN port either.

8. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    SA1 isn't really the best measuring stick for this, though. SEGA's since been stepping up their game with the DC ports.

9. Glaber

Glaber

Has Beaten Sonic Genesis for GBA Oldbie
    did they change buttons for those ports?

10. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    I haven't played them, so I can't give you a definite answer. However, I think it's not out of the question.

11. Shakidna

Shakidna

Rehash Rampage Member
    Jet Set Radio HD has a camera mapped to the right analog stick, so yes updated controls are very possible.

12. Glaber

Glaber

Now I just have to wonder how the voice files will be stored.

13. Lostgame

Lostgame

producer/turnablist. homebrew dev. cosplayer. Oldbie
    Toronto, ON
    The O.I.C.
    Let's pray this hits PC and Mac.

14. JaredAFX

JaredAFX

Florida
    Downloading megahertz
    Mac? You're praying a bit too much. No way it's ever going to be for Mac. As far as I know, the only two Mac games by Sega are All Stars Tennis and Racing. Yes, that's cool, but it's not Sonic Adventure, Generations or Ep. I or II. On top of that, you'd be surprised how many games Sega has on Steam. It's honestly sad to see only two of their games for both OSes. Obviously, it's Valve's platform, but all of their games besides HL2 Lost Coast and the TF2 Beta are both Mac and PC.

15. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Well just like how you guys had to push SEGA to show that theres a PC fanbase you got to show them theres a MAC fanbase there too whos starving for some Sonic-related action to hit their OS.

Facebook them, Tweet them, hell even email them. It may seem pointless but at least your letting them know that "Hey SEGA, I'm here and I'm a MAC person, how about letting ME in on these awesome games your releasing to PC people."

16. Glaber

Glaber

don't forget, snail mail is an option too.

17. Bartman3010

Bartman3010

Site Staff
    While Sega has been stepping up on their ports, I doubt that we'll see anything even on the levels of Sonic Adventure DX in terms of additional content or "bugfixes".

18. trakker

trakker

The guy that's been warned! Member
    I never really noticed any bugs in SA2, althought I'm sure they are there, or I never considered them bugs, just querks of the game.

There was nothing particually gamebreaking as far as bugs or glithches went anyway, asides from the camera being a bit derpy the whole game ran pretty well (for me anyway, mabye I just didn't got out of my way to TRY and break it lol)

Aslong as it's pretty much the "battle build", and they don't eff up the Chao garden, I'll be pretty happy XD

19. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
  20. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    It's on. This is fantastic news, even if it is only confirmation.