don't click here

Windows 7 loading problem

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Hez, Aug 1, 2012.

1. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    So, I have the weirdest problem with the ol' pc right now. Whenever I boot up, after the windows welcome screen. I get a completely white (I shouldnt say white, its a very very light gray) screen. I can bypass this screen by pressing control alt delete and clicking on task manager, killing explorer, and then clicking on run and typing in explorer. After I do that, everything loads fine, except the windows task bar is on the top of the screen instead of on bottom. It's nothing life threatening, but it's just really really annoying to have to do this every time. Anyone run into this problem at all? I cannot find a single topic about it on google, and if I do, there is no fix.

2. Chibisteven

Chibisteven

US
    1. Something is running on your computer... Disable some start up programs until the problem is found.
    2. System Restore, if don't you get results.
    3. Last resort: Wipe and reinstall... Its probally more trouble then it's worth to fix it as the installation is shot.

3. Hez

Hez

Oldbie

EDIT: missread that, thought you said someone is running your computer. I'll mess with it some more and see if I get results. I've already tried the first two, and fuck I'm not doing the third.

4. Chibisteven

Chibisteven

US
    The third do wonders for my mom's laptop after my brother's friend tried to upgrade Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit - Service Pack 1 to Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit barebones, which caused it to simply reinstall and with extremely slow boot-times and constant system crashing and instability with a million security holes. I reformated with Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit optimized what I like to the core of a healthy computer and now it runs beautifully and with Service Pack 1... Mahahahahahahaha.

5. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    It's just the wierdest thing. Why the fuck would it boot with the bar up top, when every time I change it back to the bottom and lock it.

6. A friend brought over his laptop with a very similar problem (Background was always reverting, taskbar would autohide, Aero would disable). The issue was he had an external power management program that would literally revert his changes to try and conserve battery life. Do you have such a program on your computer?

7. Chibisteven

Chibisteven

US

Faulty driver basically, is what that sounds like.

8. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    I was just going to post that it randomly fixed itself. But now that you mentioned it, I recently changed when the computer sleeps. Could this be an issue?