don't click here

“New Project for Sonic”?

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by SpaceyBat, Jul 9, 2012.

1. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    [​IMG]
    This is pretty much why Big came to existence.

2. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

The story isn't the problem, that was piss easy. I'm talking about the hard challenges, getting all the emblems- it took me like, a year. It was fucking awful.

3. Rosie

Rosie

aka Rosie Member
    I thought it wasn't actually compatible? I don't own a fishing controller so I've never tried it.

4. JaredAFX

JaredAFX

You telling me a shrimp fried this rice? Member
    Florida
    Downloading megahertz
    You can't, it's just that someone thought Big was a good idea and Takashi Iizuka liked it, for whatever ungodly reason. Or at least, that's how I heard it went.

5. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    guys I fuound out wat the projekt is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyEUW93qZqY

6. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    I saw that coming the moment he called it SA3 :P

7. Ell678

Ell678

Am I Annoying You? Member
    Barrow, England
    Sonic Incursion
    THE BEST

8. Indigo Rush

Indigo Rush

I might be one of the few people who actually want this.

9. VizardJeffhog

VizardJeffhog

Sonic Stadium Staffer, Gamnesia Writer Member
    Ottawa
    I definitely wouldn't mind a rerelease of the holy trinity of handhelds.

10. Hukos

Hukos

The only good one was Advance 1 :V

11. SpaceyBat

SpaceyBat

United States
    Freedom Planet 2
    [​IMG]

I didn't mind Big's story that much, though I did feel like it was definitely out-of-place. I remember one review comparing it to buying a Ferrari only to sleep in the back seat. xD

Also, that SA3 video was well-played, though I kinda figured it out as soon as he said "Sega of Antarctica".

12. I actually planned on trying to create a small Chao Garden with GDK but soon dropped the idea when little seemed interested in the idea. Also I was very knowledgeable in coding, still am.

13. Retroman

Retroman

Oh, an Idea.

For any future modern sonic games, they should rename the boost with sprint. Why?

Because in movement, there is the walk, run and sprint. Boost gives the illusion of speed, but call it sprint. Why?

I'll show you why. When Sonic reaches a fast speed MPH while sprinting, he should begin to have the Sonic Boom, and when he goes fast, he can dodge fast as-well, the faster you are going, but you can't see where you are going. There should be another way to hit enemies apart from the lunge or homing attack, like arm takedowns and high-speed kicks. Also spinning while moving, and grabbing robots by the arm and chucking it at them.

There should be some levels which are less speed, more puzzles without breaking the fun.

I'm sick of the 'Boost you are protected.', make it abit more challenging. Sure, the originals were challenging, and the SA2 game was pretty awesome, but generations beats it. Sprint will be more for straight lines, but the skid and stuff will be there. Imagine him kicking a robot to another robot, and having also the kill cameras... Ok maybe not the kill cameras but still.

The new project for Sonic isn't going to be SA3, since Sonic 2006 was it, and thinking like a Gaming Developer, I will lean towards the project being Sonic Dimensions.

14. Azu

Azu

I must be stupid. Member
    Sonic 2006 was Sonic 2006. That's it. It's not the official Sonic Adventure 3.

15. Mystical Ninja

Mystical Ninja

For old time's sake. Oldbie
    New Castle, Delaware
    Nothing that concerns this place in the least.
    Iizuka has already confirmed that as a hoax. Thank God for that, because it sounded like a thoroughly terrible idea, in my opinion. Terrible enough to make me want to give up on the series, in fact (since I'm not a hundred percent satisfied with the series' current direction, unlike most people).

16. Retroman

Retroman

You are right. I thought there was something wrong with what I said, since I read that before.

One thing missing from the games is the getting hit interrupts your speed. Couldn't they make it so that when you get hit when speeding fast like on a hill, you fall down the direction you speed and then get up in mid-falling after 6 seconds.

So pretty much Sonic Adventure 3 isn't going to happen, but something with the Hedgehog Engine but radically different.

Please don't make it another Sonic 06' :tinfoil:

17. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

If anyone ever mentions Sonic Dimensions as a legit name again I swear to god I'll arm a nuke or something. It's a crap ambiguous name relating to a playstyle which doesn't even exist. Even Sonic Turd Patrol would be a more fitting name to a game in the series.

I really doubt another Sonic game would become an '06. If there's anything to learn in the last 6 years it is that Sonic Team have refined their Sonic playstyle and their internal structuring and development to be able to handle game making much more efficiently, and this has been shown quite obviously in their recent titles- Unleashed, Colours and Generations.

Lastly, 6 seconds falling is quite excessive. I'd say 2 or 3 would suffice. I don't want to be taking a tenth of a minute to be standing back up. Sounds a long time when you put it that way, and it is.

18. Azu

Azu

I must be stupid. Member
    Sonic Dimensions would have been a recolor's dream. Thank god it wasn't real.