don't click here

Sonic & All-Stars Racing: Transformed

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Saidian, Feb 12, 2012.

Which version will you be getting?

1. Xbox 360

61 vote(s)
    27.0%
  2. PlayStation 3

43 vote(s)
    19.0%
  3. Wii U

52 vote(s)
    23.0%
  4. Nintendo 3DS

23 vote(s)
    10.2%
  5. PlayStation Vita

12 vote(s)
    5.3%
  6. PC

116 vote(s)
    51.3%
  7. iOS

4 vote(s)
    1.8%
  8. Android

4 vote(s)
    1.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Tiranno

Tiranno

Steveosaurus Rex Member
    If Wreck-it Ralph get's a spot and Toejam and Earl don't something is wrong with this world.

2. Samurai Echidna

Samurai Echidna

I'm still amazed Sonic got in on this movie while Nintendo just would not lower their prices for Mario and Luigi. They royally missed out. They will be kicking themselves in the butt all the way to the sequel, if we get one.

As a bit of added irony, I think the makers of Wreck It Ralph should deny Nintendo a Ralph cameo in their future Mario games. But two wrongs don't make a right.

3. Really, that's why? I wonder why Nintendo was so greedy with that... also, they value Bowser (significantly?) less than Mario and Luigi? What's the point, at that point? Just let Mario and Luigi in there. You are right, if this thing is big enough for a sequel, they will have missed out on a piece of pop culture, and advertising for their top characters.

4. ancara

ancara

Methinks after the one movie fiasco, AND the Cd-I games making any form of non-gaming entertaining seem terribad to them, they don't wanna take any chances ever again.

Although if it is successful enough for a sequel, then just maybe the bros would appear.

Anywho, Do we have an idea on the current roster up to this point? I wanna see how many character reveals we prob. are gonna have before the end of it, besides the one obvious one...~

5. VizardJeffhog

VizardJeffhog

Sonic Stadium Staffer, Gamnesia Writer Member
    Ottawa
    There are many different ways this can go... I have a few guesses as to who the final guest character could be, both of them having crossed over with Sonic very recently.

Number 1, Megaman.

[images spoiler'd for size]

[​IMG]

Although I do find that it would be unlikely to see the Blue Blomber racing the Blue Blur, Capcom and SEGA both did give Archie the green light to feature both gaming icons in a comic crossover event to span over the next year. Capcom is known for combining efforts with other companies on numerous crossover titles, so allowing SEGA and SUM0 to borrow Megaman for this one game wouldn't be too farfetched. Again, I do find it a little unlikely for it to happen, but it is entirely possible!

Number 2... following suggestion might make some of you want to claw my eyes out just for bringing it up, but...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hello Kitty. I know, I know... but think about it for a sec.

SEGA and Sanrio, the company that owns Hello Kitty, have already expressed that they're working together on creating new SEGA/Sanrio products, "Hello Sonic Kitty" being the first of its kind.

We've got Danica Patrick, an actual NASCAR racer, as a guest character.
    We've got Wreck-It Ralph, the titular character from the upcoming Disney movie, set to wreck the competition. ohgodi'msosorry With that, Sonic and Eggman are set to appear in Ralph's own film. With SEGA and Disney collaborating on that end...

...would it be that big of a stretch to have Hello Kitty, one of the most recognizable and loved characters in media, actually star in this game? With SEGA and Sanrio making new products together, is it difficult to picture Hello Kitty starring in a SEGA game bringing many SEGA IPs and guests together?

My 2ยข.

6. Shade Vortex

Shade Vortex

The Black Vortex Member
    USA, WA.
    YouTube Memes
    Y'know, he didn't even say that the one exception -would- be a character announcement. Just a non-SEGA announcement. Though chances are it is most likely a character, it could be a track, or something else.

If it is a character though, my bets are on Megaman, Hello Kitty or Hatsune Miku.

I just hope it's not some random person that doesn't make much sense like Danica Patrick again.

7. Clutch

Clutch

It was a dark and stormy night... Member
    [​IMG]

I'm going to be very disappointed if it isn't Banjo.

And I really hate to say that as it makes me sound like an unreasonable whiny fanboy (because I want a non-Sega character in a Sega game because it's heavily inspired by and releasing almost exactly 15 years after Diddy Kong Racing) and I really do love what Sumo's doing with this game. I'm just going to feel a bit strung along at this point because both Sumo and Rare have had opportunities when they could've said flat out "No, sorry, it was a one-time deal" and instead dodged the question.

8. Banjo was my favourite character in Diddy Kong Racing, dispite the fact I have never played a Banjo Kazooie game, I just found him nice to control. And although it would be nice to have him in this game, he'd be with that redesign I've seen where his nose is blocky or something and I really find it kinda awful.

But hey, it really could be any character, they haven't said no or yes to anything yet. I wouldn't mind Hatsune Miku, and a Hello Kitty would be too hilarious to not play as, I'd have to main her if she is playable. If I think of what character I'd like to see, well I'd love to see a console exclusive character for every console, not just 360. Ratchet and Clank or Sackboy or something for Ps3, Mario for WiiU, I would really like to see something like this, I'd imagine it'd help sway your opinon on what console to get the game for.

...But now I'm thinking what if they announce classic Sonic as a standalone character, in his old Sonic Drift Giant shoe car. Lord knows every online race someone would already pick him before you do. And if anyone asks, Mario did this too, Baby Mario pops up in the Mario spin offs quite afew times. it could even transform into his plane, or Tails submarine/boat thing from the classic Game Gear games, abeit with his own style to it. his all-star (If they're gonna be in this game) would be either Super Sonic, or it'd show him hitting one of the invincibilty boxes from Sonic Drift and it'd play that kickass invincibilty song it has.

9. Steven M

Steven M

I'm not sure why I hate the idea of having Baby characters in Mario Kart games but am perfectly fine with the idea of a Classic Sonic in Transformed. Maybe it's because Classic Sonic doesn't suck ass in all ways forever.

10. FeliciaVal

FeliciaVal

Spain
    I've been debating this with some friends as well and we all agree that Classic Sonic would be spot on. Here it's me hoping. Also I don't mind Hatsune Miku (I love her to death) at all but I mentioned that several times so I'm not gonna repeat myself anymore.

11. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Source

12. FeliciaVal

FeliciaVal

Spain
    ok Blue Blood, I get that :/ but I wasn't the first one to mention that either you know, I was just seconding the opinion that someone else wrote

13. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Um... okay? I was just posting that because this morning S0L confirmed that she wasn't part of the game. You and anyone else can stop hoping it's Miku now.

14. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    ^I don't think anyone was actually counting on Miku being in the game (she doesn't even speak English!), but just enjoying the idea.

15. But...don't most of the characters not speak english? Or do you mean how she's never been in an English translated game before.

But still, it is sorta a shame, but atleast this totally means Hello Kitty is the next non-Sega character, oh boy oh boy oh boy

(But seriously, I bet the next character revealed will come completely come out of nowhere, and either disappoint/excite all.)

16. Mega Man is the only character that can make me feel better about Banjo and Kazooie not being the final character. Funny how Steve dodges all the Banjo comments yet he flat-out denied Miku, though.

17. Mike Arcade

Mike Arcade

Free Scriber of Mobius Member
    Joe Musashi and Gillis are in the game, at this point I don't care who they add in game anymore as I'd be fine with ANYONE in the game after that, though if they could somehow add Axel and Blaze riding a transforming Police car in the game then that's my pick.

18. STHX

STHX

SEGAAAAAAAAA?!? Member
    The world of Trophies
    Sonic In Mushroom Kingdom
  19. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Yeah, I saw this bullshit earlier.

20. Aerosol