don't click here

Sonic Adventure 2 XBLA

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Narstyle, Apr 4, 2012.

1. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

I didn't say what you just said AT ALL.

I said that Sonic 4 has no secrets hidden in the game because from what it seems, the development was simplistic and straightforward and they didn't keep remnants of deleted assets in the game as they did with the originals where it was built on and built on rather than being worked from scratch.

2. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    Whoops, I thought you were referring to in-game secrets, not secrets within the assets. My bad.

3. JaredAFX

JaredAFX

You telling me a shrimp fried this rice? Member
    Florida
    Downloading megahertz
    Wow guys, it doesn't really bother me, but you went way off topic.
    Anyway, I'm still miffed a ton that they haven't said anything. Have you checked the Xbox Dashboard this past week? Under "Games", there's a panel that has the Sonic artwork from the SA2 box (Without Shadow), and in there, it shows a 21st Anniversary sale panel. In there, there's an panel for the DX upgrade for Adventure. The picture for it IS THE SA2 box art. So now I have two theories:
    1. Sega miscommunicated with Microsoft and that's why the page came up and then down on xbox.com.
    2. Sega decided to pull an announcement last-minute.

4. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    This isn't the first time Microsoft has screwed up a Sonic announcement, whether through their actions directly or PartnerNet. Whenever we learn of a new digital title, chances are we heard about it from Microsoft first. Also they've posted pictures for content that was not meant to be known yet on at least two occasions.

Sega probably gave them pictures a while ago but never told them when they wanted to release them. I have to wonder what's stopping them from saying anything though.

5. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    They're just going to reveal the game at SoS and Sonic Boom.

And likely make little jokes about how it's Yet Another Patented Sega's Worse Kept Secret.

6. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.

Because this:

&

= Sonic 4 is never getting hacked beyond texture, music, and SFX swaps.

7. Sappharad

Sappharad

Oldbie
    I'm glad you've set such low expectations. It'll be more interesting when it happens then.

8. ashthedragon

ashthedragon

Sonic Paradise Researcher
    Spain
    Sonic Paradise & Sonic Ages
    Now that the anniversary is long over I wonder...when are they going to annouce this, why so much secretism around this? everybody know it already, it's not going to be a surprise to anyone. They will do beter if they announce it, put on a trailer, and end this nonsense right away. If they want to do any surprise for SoS or Sonic Boom, why not reveal now with a teaser trailer, give extra info or a new trailer in those events?

9. Lobotomy

Lobotomy

35% Cognac Banned
    Traverse City
    Project: Matter/Energy
    Bullshit, I can provide you with technical evidence to prove that wrong. Yes, SA2 Sonic had a spindash, but that's the only thing SA2 has over Generations. Also, you REALLY, REALLY don't have to say "Sonikku". Sonic Retro is not the comments section of a Naruto AMV.

10. Yash

Yash

CHOCOLATE! Member
    I think he was being ironic.

I hope he was being ironic.

11. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    I'm wondering what they're going to do pertaining to the Chao Garden VMU/GBA statue device for this port. They altered it for the GC version, so I'm wondering if they'll remove it altogether for this latest port, or if maybe they'll offer some sort of Smartglass/Windows Phone/Vita support.

12. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    I really doubt it. nobody here, SSMB, or anywhere else has shown interest at all even the Tech Members gave up on it. If something does come up then great but I'm not holding my breath.

Reguardless this is going off topic. if you wish to continue we can talk in the Episode 2 topic.

13. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

It'll be replaced with the basic Chao Machine they used in SADX PC back in 2003, and the subsequent XBLA/PSN/Steam versions.
    [​IMG]

Or actually... in SA2, you have to go to the Kindergarten to name your Chao, don't you? Yeah, it that case it'll probably gotten shot of.

14. Joltanz Mantis

Joltanz Mantis

! Member
    Quebec, Canada
    I sing
    Well I didn't really mean the Spin Dash. It's kind of dead when it comes to 3D Sonic. Which sucks. Oh, and sorry for ''Sonikku''.
    The reasons SA2 controls better are, for one, that the turning is superior. Generations has a Drift to compensate, but the drifting curve is always set. You can't adjust it (unlike most racing games from which this move is taken) and it's kind of tricky to control. This means levels using drift will be tailor-made for this curve. Also, the jump in Generations doesn't like 180 turns. This means the levels can't go in all directions like that section in Final Rush with the grind walls. The SA2 jump is better. You can correct your jumps.
    However, SG Sonic does have his advantages, such as the little hop, the HA reticule, the Quick Step and the superior level design. The levels are enough to say as a whole Sonic Generations is the better game. I still enjoyed it more than SA2's Sonic levels.

In the end, what SA2 has over SG Sonic is that the levels can take more shapes and sizes because of the tighter controls, when SG Sonic needs to use some springs / dash pads to radically change the course of the level. Unfortunately, to me, Sonic Team didn't use the full potential of SA2 Sonic.

15. Falk

Falk

Kinda like saying an F1 car handles differently than a Mini Cooper.

There is absolutely no way SA2's controls would be anything remotely close to usable at the hilariously fast speeds Unleashed/Generations levels go. You touch the thumbstick a little at boost speed and Sonic becomes a splat of blue paint on a wall off to the side. There's a reason why the faster things go, the less sensitive turning has to be. They're ultimately slightly different design paradigms and the controls reflect that.

16. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    You're really comparing apples to oranges here. SA2 may do low speed control better, but SG does high speed control better. Different games, and different styles of play. That's all.

17. JaredAFX

JaredAFX

You telling me a shrimp fried this rice? Member
    Florida
    Downloading megahertz
    Putting this thread back on topic:
    Who else thinks they're going to announce this game at SoS or Sonic Boom? I do. They didn't announce it at E3, and they still didn't announce it on Sonic's birthday. If they don't do it during one of these events, they'll have ridden this huge wave and not taken advantage of it.

18. Joltanz Mantis

Joltanz Mantis

! Member
    Quebec, Canada
    I sing
    Well, I was replying to Lobotomy who clearly stated that SG was superior to SA2, which was a reply to me saying the opposite. Pardon me for defending my opinion.
    But you're right. They're two games too far from each other albeit seeming so close.

On topic, I couldn't care less about SA2 being rereleased right now. I don't get how they'll pull off the Battle part. They can't say it was from PC like SADX. They could act like blind idiots and say that it's new content. Some people might believe it.

19. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    My guess is they'll simply call it "Sonic Adventure 2" and just throw the extra battle content in like nothing happened. Really battle wasn't anything special. It was an enhanced 2 player mode, chao karate, and a couple of updates here and there. It wasn't like SADX when they resurrected a game 5 years later, it only came out like 6 months after the original.

Or you know, they'll do like they did with SADX and call it battle anyway because it's their game not Nintendo's.

20. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Unless they're just dead set on announcing it at the most inopportune time, that's pretty much the last big shot they've got before that supposed October date we got. I will be absolutely amazed if they don't announce it at SoS/SB.

It'd be great if we could get an actual release date for Jet Set Radio then as well.