don't click here

Sonic & All-Stars Racing: Transformed

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Saidian, Feb 12, 2012.

Which version will you be getting?

1. Xbox 360

61 vote(s)
    27.0%
  2. PlayStation 3

43 vote(s)
    19.0%
  3. Wii U

52 vote(s)
    23.0%
  4. Nintendo 3DS

23 vote(s)
    10.2%
  5. PlayStation Vita

12 vote(s)
    5.3%
  6. PC

116 vote(s)
    51.3%
  7. iOS

4 vote(s)
    1.8%
  8. Android

4 vote(s)
    1.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Bartman3010

Bartman3010

Site Staff
    Check the refresh rate on the video card settings. If the resolution runs lower than 50-60hz, then you should change the resolution to one that supports either of the two.

My problem with the PC version is that my video card causes the game to freeze every time it needs to redraw the shadows. If I play splitscreen, the game will redraw shadows when a player reaches a certain zone, for each player playing. Splitscreen is actually poorly implemented into Sega All Stars Racing 1, I really hope they have a little more going for the splitscreen mode.

2. Lobotomy

Lobotomy

35% Cognac Banned
    Traverse City
    Project: Matter/Energy
    Stop using Intel GMA then.

3. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    More related to the first game, but the iOS version has been updated yet again. This time they added Ulala as well as 3 courses, Monkey Target, Ocean Ruin, and Bingo Party, and they added a new cup which holds all the new courses (Monkey Cup)

I'm really shocked how they're still updating this thing.

4. Bartman3010

Bartman3010

Site Staff
    I'm surprised there's no Android version of that thing. Aren't they just filtering content from the DS version to the iOS version?

5. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Is that what they're doing? I never played the DS version so I wouldn't know.

6. Hey uh, this is strange but somehow I got the iOS version for free off itunes the other day, I'm not sure if it was just a demo or something but it seems like the full game to me.

7. Arique

Arique

SHUWATCH! Member
    It's the full game. Sega made the game free for a while after Danica Patrick announced that she would be in All-Stars Racing Transformed during E3, then they made it $2.99 again, and now it's back at being free to celebrate Sonic's 21st Birthday.

8. Ah, I see, thanks for telling me! I thought my itunes had broke or something.

9. Aww, it's showing up as a 1.99 for me when I check the Appstore on my computer. I have no idea where I stored my iDevice. ;/

10. Hodgy

Hodgy

UK
    Games programming :)
    Thought you guys may be interested in this:

I assume its for S&SASR:T I don't think sumo have many other games in the works at the moment (apart from adidas kinect)

11. dsrb

dsrb

12. Hodgy

Hodgy

UK
    Games programming :)
    I didn't know they posted it on the Sega forums too. I got emailed it from my uni.

13. SuperJXJ

SuperJXJ

vvvvvv
    It sounds like a grand opportunity. Kudos to anyone who can make the necessary arrangements.

14. Well, I just sent them an e-mail. Hopefully they'll get back to me!

15. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Courtesy of SEGA's Facebook...
    [​IMG]

NiGHTS. Granted they don't say where this image is from, it's a safe bet that it's ASRT, no?

16. ashthedragon

ashthedragon

Sonic Paradise Researcher
    Spain
    Sonic Paradise & Sonic Ages
    That image is pretty old, it's on Nights into dreams wiki since 2008...It might be a clue to nights coming to ASRT but the image itself isn't.

17. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Not a big follower of NiGHTS, so that's news to me. Where did it come from originally then? Cause if it's not at all ASRT related, then maybe SEGA are planning to digitall re-release the NiGHTS PS3 port or something. Either way, not for this topic any more.

18. Sun

Sun

That is just simply official level artwork from the original NiGHTS. I'm pretty sure it's somewhere in Christmas NiGHTS.

Pretty safe bet that Stick Canyon is a stage. I hope that part of the level involves the Tower from Mare 4.

19. dsrb

dsrb

Stick Canyon? Wouldn't be my first choice for a racing course, if that's the implication. Especially with reference to this game's gimmick of transformations: Stick Canyon neither had any water in the original game nor would lend itself very easily to any being added. Why not Frozen Bell? Hilarious name that we were all too innocent to understand as children aside, that level has more character (whilst averting the grassland/forest trope that presumably has been filled already) and would make plenty of sense as somewhere that could have water added without it seeming shoehorned.

PS2
    Also, actually, a big meh to that prospect. The port wasn't very good, if one analyses it properly.

20. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    As excited as I am for a NiGHTS track in ASRT, it seems odd to have two "canyon" archetype levels from different franchises in the same game the more I think about it.