don't click here

The Supreme Topic of 'Other' Knowledge.

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by McGuirk, Jan 10, 2007.

1. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Same thing happens with the rocket sharks in Hydro City when they collide with Sonic and explode. Poor things. =(

2. dsrb

dsrb

Oh yeah, good point! And the fake rock dudes in Lava Reef Zone, too.

3. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Indeed, this is what I was referencing, hence the re-found bit =P

4. MainMemory

MainMemory

Kate the Wolf Tech Member
    SonLVL
    Looking through SBZ2 in SonLVL, there are indeed several invalid monitors embedded in walls around that area, and when converting them into "Invisible solid block" objects, their subtypes result in sizes that match the wall they're placed in.
    Edit:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. ashthedragon

ashthedragon

Sonic Paradise Researcher
    Spain
    Sonic Paradise & Sonic Ages
    I have found a rip of "Cabezon Mix", a music cassette tape who was incluided with a spanish game magazine called Superjuegos back in the 90's . It incluided music remixes from Sonic & Knuckles, Dynamite Headdy and Street Figther 2. I though this could be interesting, it's very obscure and sort of official thing. Like supersonic dance attack.
    It includes:
    Side A
    - Cabezon mix ( translated to english it should be big head mix). It should be based off dynamite headdy ( although I don't recon anything of it coming from the game...I haven't played it that much anyways)

Side B
    - Go Hyper Go ( Based off Sonic & Knuckles)
    - Bienvenido al nuevo nivel ( Welcome to the new level) based off Street figther 2

and some photos ( of my boyfriend's personal copy, although I've not ripped the music myself)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Uberham

Uberham

King Of Oblivion Member
    So someone at sega dun goofed?

funny.

7. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Ah, the memories. I remember listening to that while reading Nintendo Acción and Super Juegos magazines... probably just once.

Most of the voice samples in that song come from the game, as well as many sound effects. The song itself doesn't have anything to do with it, though.

Thanks for posting it!

8. PicklePower

PicklePower

Wiki Sysop
    Maybe I'm just late to the party, but,

[​IMG]

Edit: Actually, it looks like Facebook just lets you put a vanity username or user ID in square brackets now to get an icon of that user's profile picture. So [[sonic]] is getting the profile picture from http://facebook.com/sonic.

9. TheInvisibleSun

TheInvisibleSun

OVER THE TOP TECHNO-BLAST Member
    Buffalo, NY, USA
    The Water
    That is still quite cool though.

10. Adamis

Adamis

Gimme waffles! Oldbie
    Belgium
    Lammy and "Fafnir"
    Bunnie Rabbot appeared in MAD...

[​IMG]

11. TheInvisibleSun

TheInvisibleSun

OVER THE TOP TECHNO-BLAST Member
    Buffalo, NY, USA
    The Water
    .....And why is she Roundhouse Kicking Chuck Norris?

12. Arique

Arique

SHUWATCH! Member
  13. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    1) SatAM is worse than Underground :V
    2) The more likely reason - at the time Underground was made, Disney owned DiC.

14. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    That's... quite strange.

15. Espyo

Espyo

Portugal, Porto, some street
    A Pikmin fan engine - Pikifen (https://pikminfanon.com/Pikifen)
    So I saw this video and figured I should try to see if it's possible to perform any shortcut with the method used in Red Mountain 2 (but with normal Sonic, obviously). After a while of fighting with the camera, I just activated debug mode and flew around. After a while of fighting with the lava, I was finally able to go under it (you just need to go away from the lava's reach, it seems its hitplane is just a circle), because I was curious about a room I found, which is just Gamma's final room.
    Anyway, as I was flying around, I came across this:
    [​IMG]
    This is 3rd unreachable ring in the game (as far as I know), and this one is really far. It's under the lava, in one of the corners of the lava's square: the part where you walk on a wall, like 15 seconds into the level, it's in that corner. Coordinates are roughly X=-1568 Y=54 Z=1540, so it rules out the chance of it being a dummied out object with 0 as every attribute (like what happens in some of Sonic Adventure 2: Battle's levels).

(And I just noticed I used bold, italics and underlines in this post, and it wasn't on purpose :v: )

16. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    I saw this interesting post on AssemblerGames: http://www.assemblergames.com/forums/showthread.php?1343-Sonic-3d-Flickie-s-island-on-saturn&p=587879&viewfull=1#post587879

17. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    ^Interesting. I always wondered why the PC version didn't use the same special stage.

18. dsrb

dsrb

Thanks for that! A very interesting read, as are Neil's subsequent replies in that thread.

19. ashthedragon

ashthedragon

Sonic Paradise Researcher
    Spain
    Sonic Paradise & Sonic Ages
    This is highly interesting! So that bonus stage came from a cancelled 3D sonic game? Could that be...xtreme? or the one who came to be Sonic World?

20. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Since he said it was delivered from Japan I'm going to have to say that it wasn't Xtreme.