don't click here

General Project Screenshot/Video Thread

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Tweaker, Jun 26, 2008.

1. dsrb

dsrb

Stephen, your art never ceases to amaze. When will you release any of it somewhere? ;)

2. StephenUK

StephenUK

Liquor in the front, poker in the rear Tech Member
    Manchester, UK
    Quackshot Disassembly
    This is a pretty slow moving project between myself, OrdosAlpha and SpirituInsanum, we work on it when we get in the mood to, which isn't as often as I'd probably like. It will become available sometime, no worries about that, although I couldn't say exactly when.

3. Jimmy Hedgehog

Jimmy Hedgehog

England - Slough
    Getting the motivation to continue old projects
    Now this is pretty awesome and a good idea too, I always wanted to somehow recreate the Labrynth boss from Sonic 1 SMS, but then life got in the way of learning somehow XD Hope it all goes well!

And Stephen, that looks absolutely amazing, can't wait to see more, whenever that may be

4. CaptainBritish

CaptainBritish

Sonic Master Mix
    ._. Well you just put my work to shame D: That is GORGEOUS.

5. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    Bridge Zone remakes are nice, but I really hope to see variety in slopes, new gimmicks, etc. because the zone would need a whole level design re-imagination to be interesting in a Mega Drive game. Basic ramps and slopes is at least a good start. It seems a lot of older Bridge Zone remakes missed this and ended up with a boring zone because they stuck too close to the GG/MS version.

6. Machenstein

Machenstein

A variation of this contraption needs to be in a Bridge Zone remake.

[​IMG]

They work exactly like the seesaws in the original Bridge Zone, so find a way to implement them into your hack or whatever.

7. CaptainBritish

CaptainBritish

Sonic Master Mix
    Yeah, I need to think of some way of doing this. I was considering just using the spike ball on a see-saw from... Was it Hill Top Zone? But the sprite is very screwy, not sure how to fix that.

8. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

Star Light zone has similar see saws.

The idea of adding extra routes sounds ethical by the way, since Bridge was very linear. As mentioned, the level would likely be rather dull without some extra divergions and platforms to roam around in.

9. Cinossu

Cinossu

Administrator
    London, UK
    Sonic the Hedgehog Extended Edition
    I recognise that foreground.. what game is that from? Looks good in there, although it really doesn't match the "Sonic style" in my opinion.. but ah well. :U

10. StephenUK

StephenUK

Liquor in the front, poker in the rear Tech Member
    Manchester, UK
    Quackshot Disassembly
    Everything in that picture, except for the fence (placeholder) and the mountains is 100% original. The clouds, water, rock, grass, tree and even the Sonic sprite used are all brand new and not from any other game (or at least I hope not, as it'd mean someone has used the art without permission). You may recognise the foreground from the screenshots topic on SSRG, as SpirituInsanum has shown it off there before, but that's the only place you should have seen it.

11. Dr. Mecha

Dr. Mecha

Dallas, TX
    3d Models
    Still, it doesn't look like a Sonic level unless you're planning to make ALL of the assets from scratch (even the sprites themselves). Both the Hedgehog and the Bridge looked out of place compared to the rest of the level.

12. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

Cinossu, I think you're recognising it from Stephen's previous screenies, I'm pretty sure the background was in a planned hack with a Bridge Zone remake.

13. RetroKoH

RetroKoH

Project Sonic 8x16
    The tree, and the land... while they look amazing, just doesn't feel like Sonic.

14. Cinossu

Cinossu

Administrator
    London, UK
    Sonic the Hedgehog Extended Edition
    If you look at what I wrote, I specifically said foreground. :P I know about the background already.

Hm, possibly. Ah well, as has been said, it's good but doesn't fit the style of the rest. :P

15. Mikel

Mikel

Its been a while since I have last shown progress on my S3K hack.

[​IMG]

Gave Sandopolis a new palette, as I think this will fit well.

16. Jimmy Hedgehog

Jimmy Hedgehog

England - Slough
    Getting the motivation to continue old projects
    I quite like the look of that palette, kinda gives a new feel to the zone, which makes me eager to see the sort of layout there would be accompanying it.

17. Knucklez

Knucklez

I love 2B 'n' ass. Member
    Looks like Sandopolis at sunset, which would explain why the pillared structure is bluish-purple since it's getting dark. That's how I see it, and I love it.

18. TheInvisibleSun

TheInvisibleSun

OVER THE TOP TECHNO-BLAST Member
    Buffalo, NY, USA
    The Water
    Agreed!

19. Selbi

Selbi

The Euphonic Mess Member
    Northern Germany
    Sonic ERaZor
    [​IMG]

20. Animemaster

Animemaster

Prison bitch! Member
    UK
    Sonic 1 Revelation
    Um.. what? what crazy trap have you given us this time Selbi?. I get the feeling I'd be dreading being Sonic in that screenshot!.