don't click here

Sonic Fusion

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by Felik, Apr 20, 2010.

1. Felik

Felik

Basically Sonic Adventure 3 in 2D with gameplay of Sonic 3&K (with some missions included for variety purpose) with graphics of Sonic Advance :v:

2. Felik

Felik

3. Wow, I was Just watching those guys play that this morning... heheh.

EDIT: Are there going to be any special co-op functions in the game? Like in Chaotix/Advance 3/S4 EP2?

EDIT2: Nevermind, as explained below, it was showing me a New Super Mario Bros. Wiii Coop playthrough by the TippingForties...

4. TheInvisibleSun

TheInvisibleSun

OVER THE TOP TECHNO-BLAST Member
    Buffalo, NY, USA
    The Water
    For some reason it keeps changing to a different vid automatically (Stardust Speedway Bad Future US, Generations version)

Here's the actual video, in case anyone else is having this issue:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PD4fXTKcB4s

5. Jay T.

Jay T.

It takes an idiot to do cool things... Member
    I keep getting this "Our First World Problems" video...whatever the hell that is (I'm not that curious to look). Weird.

EDIT - Man, does that level look brutal. You definitely got to be careful on that one. Yay for Tails winning! XD

6. Is it showing a video from our YouTube history or something? I'm getting a music video for "1000 Words" from Final Fantasy X-2. I just recently downloaded it for my mp3 player.

7. TheInvisibleSun

TheInvisibleSun

Buffalo, NY, USA
    The Water
    Yeah, but I'm not exactly sure how it selects the ones it does though.

8. Felik

Felik

weird... works fine for me.

9. TheInvisibleSun

TheInvisibleSun

Buffalo, NY, USA
    The Water
    &list=HL1338326486&feature=mh_lolz

This added bit at the end of the video URL somehow changes the video to a specific one from you're own video history, it seems. If you are logged on to your youtube account, that is. If you clear your viewing history there, the correct video should show:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYcxTOzYse8&list=HL1338326486&feature=mh_lolz

If you clear your history, The Fresh Prince of Cosmic Eternity (the actual video) should show above.

10. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    I've got Sonic for Hire: Mega Man...

So why is there a code to show your youtube history, anyway?

11. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    I've fixed the Fatal Factory links. Left the Fresh Prince one alone as it's demonstrating the point.

Remember people - strip the unnecessary crap off your URLs!

12. TheInvisibleSun

TheInvisibleSun

Buffalo, NY, USA
    The Water
    On a relevant note,

I must say, I really like that rotating disk gimmick (and the more difficult spiked versions).

13. Bareirito

Bareirito

Argentina
    Sonic - Mystery of the Chaos Emeralds
    How ironic! I get a documentary about the end of the universe (about the Big Rip and that stuff). How much of a *ironic* coincidence. :O

Anyway, I love what Felik is doing in the game. That multiplayer mode looks gorgeous! Well the game itself is absolutely beautiful!

14. Blivsey

Blivsey

Charismatic Sonicaholic Member
    So, being a guy who wasn't around in this thing's heyday, how does hosting work? Like, if I wanted to multiplayer locally with my brother, do I just start up and wait for him to select "Join"?

15. Felik

Felik

Well if you mean over LAN then I think you can just host and your brother should connect to your IP.
    If it won't work you can try to play using hamachi or software like that.

16. Ryuki

Ryuki

That DoA remix fits nicely, love the Launch Base Flamethrowers.

EDIT: Fixed fail.

17. TheInvisibleSun

TheInvisibleSun

Buffalo, NY, USA
    The Water
    Don't you mean Launch Base?

18. Ryuki

Ryuki

Another reason I shouldn't rush-post before work.

EDIT: I'll be in the corner, bleeding.

19. Perfect Chaos Zero

Perfect Chaos Zero

Notoriously Inebriated Oldbie
    The game looks great but the use of advanced sprites is a huge turn off, simply because they're MASSIVELY over used and Gameboy-esque. It is the biggest, most glaring and most detracting flaw in what looks like an otherwise excellent, beautiful game. Despite that though, your level design is decent and you at least have a few gimmicks in there to spice things up. That said, like I advise many fan game makers, a few more flair bits in the form on inactive objects (stuff other than flame throwers or anything that has collision) to dot the flatter areas of the level's landscape would definitely go a long ways towards offsetting the graphical gaff brought about by the advanced sprites. (Geez, I sound like a broken record, seems like I've been passing out that same advice a lot these days)

Just in my opinion, mind you, I'd rate the game a B- based on what I've seen. If you used better sprites it'd be an A-. That said, don't throw your whole project out if you feel it's too late to change your sprites, as you've got some really great stuff and yes, the flame throwers ARE fucking awesome. Keep it up though, it's definitely shaping up nicely!

Oh and so far, good music choices. Good job!

20. Felik

Felik

Project discontinued. Here is the final version of the game, enjoy!
    Download