don't click here

Sonic 4: Episode 2 Discussion

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Chimpo, Dec 29, 2011.

1. 1stKirbyever

1stKirbyever

Not really. (Did better than me! First time playing as Tails, lol) We played through Oil Desert Act 2. First video is processing right now and should be up in about... 10 minutes.

EDIT: He did try to wait for me though!

2. Darn, I've been refreshing for the entire hour and didn't get anyone. Super sad face am I.

3. 1stKirbyever

1stKirbyever

Took forever but here ya go

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBEeNxhMWME[/video]

4. Anyone wanna help me with Special Stage 1 to collect all of the rings on Xbox Live? My gamertag is FriendofSonic.
    Mucho appreciated! I just have that, an Endurance run, and gotta figure out a quick way to play as Tails 50 times.

5. Retro_Stew

Retro_Stew

French Twitch Gamer Member
    France
    Twitch channel
    Well, actually, it's possible to get the achievement alone, with some skill. I managed to get it by playing with both controllers in local coop.

6. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    Count me in! I've tried the dual controller method, but it's a pain. I'm So Fly Sky on XBL if you're interested.

7. [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohu2s9VjZ8M&feature=plcp[/youtube]

Found this guy in the Sonic Before the Sequel '12 thread. Someone posted a video of him trolling. I'm mainly posting the video here not because of the glitch (It's not even a glitch, just the physics), but because of the music. Does anyone agree with me it sounds much better at a higher pitch? This just goes for the single track, I have yet to hear a higher pitch on anything else.

8. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.

Why would you use dual controllers? It can be done by yourself.

9. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    Yeah... I only used my keyboard it works perfectly, BOOST IS MANDATORY, THOUGH.

10. Yeah guys... it's possible to do solo, but much easier to do with a friend. :v: I'm going to hop online right now and add you.

11. Solid SOAP

Solid SOAP

Nut Lord Member
    I didn't find it too difficult to do in single player, it just takes some practice and memorization of the map.

12. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    Speculation time.

[​IMG]

How come no one has pointed out how radically different Sylvania Castle looks in this art? The sky is entirely different, the textures, the grass. It looks plasticky and prerendered in the same way Splash Hill did in Episode I. Possibly art from a time when Episode II was going to have an art direction closer to Episode I?

13. Looks like it probably was, along with it being set at the daytime, and bubble chains all having spikes apperently. That'd certainly make homing attack chains harder to pull off, but that'd be more just cheapness rather than actual testing the players skill, espcially if you was launched off a spring into them.

14. Knucklez

Knucklez

I love 2B 'n' ass. Member
    I don't see why they wouldn't consider taking the same direction as they did in Episode I with the plasticky and prerendered look. It would have only made sense to have that aspect of the art alone to remain the same as in Episode I.

Considering the direction they took with the level art itself was entirely different, it wouldn't be out of the question that the rendering would have remained the same to respect the continuity of Episode I's appearance.

15. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    To me that looks like some concept art.

Also:

16. Flare

Flare

I think it is just artwork that they could use promotionally. Much like the CGI Green Hill background for Generations, they are on a budget though so I'm guess thats why its not a full render and is just a mix of pre-rendered graphics, if that makes sense.

Also geez, I have to say I enjoy these special stages a lot (despite them being Sonic 2 designed) but apart from the last part of Emerald 7 (Bah!) I really enjoyed them and replaying them.

17. Agreed. I don't think they are particularly poorly designed, I just think that the difficulty spike between the sixth emerald and the seventh is just staggering. Still waiting on a blue sphere remake though. Any day now SEGA... :v:

18. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    I don't think this was mentioned before, but what the hell Sylvania Castle? Levels are NOT suppoed to start already underwater, that is a no-no! At least with Hydrocity Act 2, there was a reason for it!

19. Flare

Flare

Yeah, they could have had them start on a crumbling platform then fall into the water, it just seems odd that Sonic and Tails are standing there and then (When a player inputs) they are internally monologging "Oh yeah we can't breath underwater, better go"... not that I hate it for that, I don't think I have ever drowned, mainly cause like episode 1 they give you bubbles so often and though some would say dickery I would like the underwater sections to have a bit more stress to them so that it was (Bubble... run like hell, 5,4,3,2... oh thank god bubble!) instead of (bubble... stroll... bubble... stroll... bubble... spring... 5... out of water). Heres hope that episode 3 ( :v: ) ramps up the difficulty here and there, because only at a few points in these zones do they have the fun difficulty that it should have racing the sand fall in that room, and special stage 7 of course.

20. Sonic Hachelle-Bee

Sonic Hachelle-Bee

Taking a Sand Shower Tech Member
    Lyon, France
    Sonic 2 Long Version
    This is really lazy level design. That's what I thought at first, but then I realized this happened some times before. After all, Sonic 1 GG let you start Labyrinth zone 3 already underwater as well. You are almost underwater in Sonic 2 GG Aqua Lake zone 2. And Tidal Plant zone 3 in Sonic Triple Trouble (Sonic & Tails 2)... Not to mention some starposts, that start you underwater when you die or exit a bonus stage.