don't click here

Sonic 4: Episode 2 Discussion

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Chimpo, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Vinchenz

Vinchenz

Yo! Hustle! Hustle! Member
    I got the game on iOS and my friend got it on 360. Playd Co-Op in 360, was incredibly fun! I had as much fun as playing DKC Returns with Co-Op.

There seems to be no difference between the two versions other than some graphical effects (the pretty god-rays are in the iOS version still at least).

The game is fun. Much better than Episode I. And Sky Fortress was amazing! It seems like each zone was improved from the last so I hope Episode III zones are as good, if not better, than Sky Fortress. In the end, I enjoyed the game and think its worth $7 on iOS.

I will get it on PS3 when there's a sale though. Fun game but not worth $15. :P

2. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    I'm about to go on a miniature rant, because this part is absolutely fucking bullshit. It goes completely against the philosophy of a fair challenge in the original games (inb4mysticcavepit), and I find it worse than the traditional "Dimps bottomless pit at the end of a level" (which still plagues this game). Whoever made it needs a swift kick in the ass, and whoever approved of it needs to fired. I don't give a shit if there are spikes there to kill myself quicker. Read that again and tell me how ass-backwards that is: being able to kill yourself faster in a situation where you're trapped and can't escape. There should always be an escape, otherwise you wind up with shitty parts like this and they are not. fucking. fun.

3. The reasonable explanation in this is probably due to the skybox being changed in EpMetal from what it was in Ep1; with the mountains and cloud designs being different in the sky box textures and an actual object on the scene like a zone and such. They changed it most likely due to the transition sweep and consistency between Ep Metal and Ep2.

4. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

So has anyone discussed what Episode III is going to be about? I'm happy to make bets with people.

The Death Egg has lost power, so therefore Robotnik decides to go after the Master Emerald. This introduces Knuckles again.

I also wouldn't be surprised if the Time Stones or the Super Emeralds made an appearance, and whether they decide to use Taxman's boss idea after all but in this version of the Little Planet.

5. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    I'm still not sure if I think they'll have an ep. III. Im all for more downloadable retro Sonic games, but I think its time to lay 4 to rest and work on something new. Though, I wouldnt be surprised to see Knuckles come around again soon.

I don't they'll use any sort of ideas from Taxman of any kind, so long as Dimps and Sega of Japan are in charge. If they decide to switch to a western developer for future downloadable titles, sure, but until then, Sega of Japan is going to ignore anything coming out of the US. It seems as though its a bit of a one-way street as far as ideas go.

6. FeliciaVal

FeliciaVal

Spain
    I'm pretty sure the Death Egg will land on Angel Island again :colbert:

7. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    If they want to continue the Death Egg Mk 2 saga then by all means go ahead, but enough of this Sonic 4 stuff. Throw it into a Sonic 5, and damn it Sega of America grow a pair and force em to do something right. Give it to another developer already (Why they thought it was a good idea to give Dimps Sonic games in the first place is beyond me. I mean for fucks sake they make fighting games)

8. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    Dimps is an outsourcing company. They make whatever :v:

9. FeliciaVal

FeliciaVal

Spain
    didn't Dimps have been making Sonic games since a long time ago? o.o

10. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    Dimp's classic Sonic engine on the 3DS is better than the one Sonic Team made for Generations....

#sleepwiththat

11. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

Doesn't Episode II's ending show they're looking at a 3rd? :psyduck: Death Egg not destroyed, a secret ending?

12. True but in my opinion, Sonic Team was able to make better level design than Dimps. I personally better level design that uses the physics they have than decent physics, but tons of springs, speed boosters, and bottomless pits.

13. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie

Oh God, THIS!!!!! They try soooo hard to be like the original games and something new at the same time and fall flat here! There has NEVER been an unpassible part of a Sonic game like this before (aside from the Mystic Cave pit of death as Super Sonic). There is absolutely nothing you can do except to wait to drown. Sonic has never been about "Do this real fast right now.....and underwater too, or DIE!!!!!" NEVER. What I'd like to know is who DIDN'T die here during their first playthrough for this level? I did it eventually, but it was a bitch....now I'm stuck on Sky Fortress Act 1. I love the level, but the cheap "We're going to move the screen so fast you're going to get crushed by this invisible wall while you're in the air!" BULLSHIT. But after losing many lives, I got past that part and homing attack failure with those turtles is whats currently grinding my gears.

These things are the new "bottomless pit without warning"........but Oil Desert has it's fair share too....and those don't even make any sense. The background isn't connecting to what is happening there.

14. Covarr

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register Member
    Trapped in my own thoughts.
    Two stageplays, a screenplay, and an album
    They fucked up the warning signs. At least a few times, I've fallen into pits where I couldn't see the warning sign until it was too late. The problem with this design is people will learn to trust any pit that doesn't have a sign on it, and then feel deceived if the sign was there, but too deep into the pit.

15. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Me.

:3

16. Lobotomy

Lobotomy

35% Cognac Banned
    Traverse City
    Project: Matter/Energy
    After playing both versions of the game, I really don't understand how people can keep saying this with a straight face. Classic's physics in 3DS Generations has exactly one advantage to Console Generations; the spin is better. That's it.

17. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    Only because you were playing with me and I knew it was coming. :v:

18. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    lol. I guess. :v:

19. Joltanz Mantis

Joltanz Mantis

! Member
    Quebec, Canada
    I sing
    Of course it's better. You can't screw up the physics when three zones are copypasta, or there would be some serious backlash.

20. Effexor

Effexor

JUSTICE Member
    Yo!

When I got to that part in the stage, I noticed three things. 1) It was underwater. 2) The walruses on the top and bottom which I noted from previous encounters that they produce unbreakable ice chunks. 3) The single line of rings going between the two rows of walruses. To me, it was pretty damn obvious that they wanted me to go full speed with Submarine-Tails through them all.

Does that excuse the fact that they made it unescapeable, or heck, ANY of the typical DIMPS "botomless pit at the end of a level" bullshit? Not really, but if you payed attention to the level ahead of you, you shouldn't have had trouble with it.