don't click here

Sonic CD now out for everything except Nintendo consoles

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Aug 22, 2011.

1. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    I don't know if I'd pay for additional levels added to Sonic CD (though I likely would), but I'd rather see a Sonic CD-2 running on the Retro Engine with a new set of seven or eight stages.

I'm sure Taxman reading that just went, "Stop that now, I can only do so much!"

But, ASSUMING Sega isn't up to an Episode 3 for Sonic 4 or working the unsolved plot point with the Mark II surrounding Little Planet into a larger title (Generations-esque), the idea would work nicely.

2. Mystical Ninja

Mystical Ninja

For old time's sake. Oldbie
    New Castle, Delaware
    Nothing that concerns this place in the least.
    Awesome.

I don't know about anyone else, but I also hope that opens up a door for Knuckles downloadable content.

3. minichapman

minichapman

I'd like to think I'll be imparting words of wisdo Member
    United Kingdom
    Staying sane.
    The thing is how do we go about pestering acquiring Sega's attention for new levels and possible knuckles DLC. A petition? Multiple E-mails?

4. MastaSys

MastaSys

I was thinking, why ask to include levels to a game with almost 20 years? Ask for a Taxman's CD sequel instead with these levels and more =D

5. Retro_Stew

Retro_Stew

French Twitch Gamer Member
    France
    Twitch channel
    Yes, that. Or DLC. I don't care, I want more retro stuff from Taxman.

6. Ayu Tsukimiya

Ayu Tsukimiya

UGUU~ Member
    Come on, guys. Getting these new levels as DLC is one thing, asking for a CD sequel is asking for the impossible. :v:

That aside, is it possible for you to put in Amy's missing walking frames, Taxman? She always looked so half-assed with her 4 walking sprites.

7. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
    Now there's an even better idea, albeit I don't know how feasible. It wouldn't have to necessarily be strictly Taxman's work either, just his direction and a bunch of other talented folks working under it.

Let's get some Harvey Dent styled posters up. I BELIEVE IN CHRISTIAN WHITEHEAD.

8. MastaSys

MastaSys

Yeah it's like asking to play as Sonic in his Mega Drive years in a Modern game.... :P

9. minichapman

minichapman

I'd like to think I'll be imparting words of wisdo Member
    United Kingdom
    Staying sane.
    Isn't it asking too much? DLC is enough in my opinion. If Taxman did confirm a new Sonic game using Retro Engine, how much freedom would he have? I'm not bashing C.W. here but if he were to build a new game from the ground up, it could take years! You'd need a team to get something done in a resonable time.

And would Sega/Sonic Team even allow it?

10. Techokami

Techokami

For use only on NTSC Genesis systems Researcher
    HoleNet!
    Sonic Worlds Next
    I'd definately shell out money for a pair of DLC levels!

11. Lyrica

Lyrica

(Formerly: Donnyku) Oldbie
    Pennsylvania
    Wedding Planning
    Dunno if it's been mentioned, but the game is still in the top 20 of PSN sales for last month, it was #11.

12. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    So essentially you'd be asking for a Retro styled Sonic game, made by Taxman? Just where is he going to pull THAT from =P

13. Mystical Ninja

Mystical Ninja

For old time's sake. Oldbie
    New Castle, Delaware
    Nothing that concerns this place in the least.
    Probably not, since it would most likely steal thunder from Sonic 4.

14. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    If they get money though do they care what it's from? And fuck Sonic 4's thunder better Sonic product = better sales. It's still #11 on the PSN like 7 months after it was released. That's a big deal.

15. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
    I don't know but I sure can't wait to find out. I wonder what kind of exciting Sonic worlds Taxman could show next to us.

16. SteelBrush

SteelBrush

603e Member
    the home of spotted dick, Devon
    Tramadol, Tamazepam and finding a reason to exist.
    Unfortunately SEGA doesn't make good financial decisions. If they did we would have got a Classic Sonic game by a competent developer years ago.

17. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    By the way, should we open a topic encouraging to rate this game in the Xbox Live marketplace or something? It seems a bit unfair to see bad ratings in there.

EDIT: Or make a temporarily sticky announcement.

18. Candescence

Candescence

Sydney, Australia
    3D Indie Stuff
    I also advocate DLC and/or a sequel. Desert Dazzle and a proper final boss would make this game even better.

19. Sappharad

Sappharad

Oldbie
    I would also be interested in buying the DLC, but I think it would be a risky investment for Sega unless they did a really good job promoting it. Most of us would likely buy it, but I'm not sure what kind of luck they have with DLC outside of the core fan-base.

Was the Windows Phone version ever released? I don't have a WP device, but I was hoping someone would harvest the Data.rsdk from it so we could get some of the fixes into other versions without waiting for an update. (Assuming the encryption wasn't changed, or the music wasn't changed to .wma like they did with Sonic 4 on WP.)

20. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG

Oldbie
    I would be all for spending another 5$ to obtain the DLC.

But honestly, that patch is very important to me, please tell me the XBLA or at least the PSN version is patchable? I want the glitches fixed, they hold back your version ever so slightly from utter perfection.

Oh, and if they don't give us stage DLC, I'd still be all for Knuckles DLC.