don't click here

Sonic CD now out for everything except Nintendo consoles

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    God damn it, Sonic Team. Why u no let him finish this? :(

Do you still have all the assets you made from it? and was music ever constructed for these stages?

2. MastaSys

MastaSys

Yeah, if the game had a selection menu for that (new or old style) that have might ease Sega's fears whith "messing" with Sonic CD, it's really a shame we didn't get that....

And hey Taxman, can we still expect a patch to correct some of those bugs already discussed some time ago, or guys at Sega aren't interested on that?

3. minichapman

minichapman

I'd like to think I'll be imparting words of wisdo Member
    United Kingdom
    Staying sane.
    Damn. They're beautiful... Loving Final Fever! How far into development did you get with Desert Dazzle and Final Fever? Were they in a (un)finished playable state or just concept art?

4. The Taxman

The Taxman

Tech Member
    Retro Engine & Related Projects
    Yeah of course. Both levels are semi playable, but incomplete. I did a couple of demo tracks for the music, but of course since we were lucky enough to include the US soundtrack in the end it would have made it even harder to do since it'd require even more music.

5. And just to be sure, this would have taken place within that nice little mountain with the good doctor's face on it right? Also the fight area seems quite...colorful.

6. The Taxman

The Taxman

Tech Member
    Yeah, it's colourful since it was intended to be an all Time Stones boss (good future only). Time flows freely, and Eggman's machine is essentially invincible. The idea being Sonic can reach warp speed at any opportunity (instead of getting the warp posts) and must do so to "wind back the clock" to damage the boss. Some parts are running, some areas the screen is locked. I was slightly worried the idea of running to warp might not be self evident (no warp screen, the level and boss would change in real time with some neato effects).

7. Conando

Conando

Is not, in fact, Raphael Member
    Lynn, MA
    MarioMedia.net FTP
    Oh man, those stages would have been great. It's a shame SEGA said no to any updates. I suppose they just wanted a port, since that goes into remake territory. :(

8. The Taxman

The Taxman

Tech Member
    Short answer yes, but I don't know if all platforms can be updated due to the conditions they have etc. But there'll definitely be an update in future.

9. Bartman3010

Bartman3010

Site Staff
    Appears to continue to be a top seller in the Android market as well.

I think I may have paid for a good share of copies of the game. Aheh. Got it on 360, PC, Android and bought a few other PC copies for several other people.

10. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I would pay for those levels to be DLC. Seriously. I want it.

11. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Awesome concept art, thanks for sharing!

12. H Hog

H Hog

The Ultimate Oswald! Oldbie
    Amsterdam, the Netherlands
    Sonic and the Rings of Order (Artwork)
    Just looked through the Xbox Live Arcade games, sorted by user rating...
    So tell me Xbox owners, how did Sonic CD end up being the second-lowest rated Sonic title in XBLA - mind you, that's ranking lower than Sonic Unleased, Sega Superstars Tennis, Sonic 4 Ep. 1 and... Sonic Free Riders even?
    I'm talking #573 out of 795 total available games on the service. And the one Sonic title ranked below it? Sonic & Knuckles.
    Explain this to me, for I do not understand.

13. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.

How did this happen? well I'm going to rate SCD when I get on the Xbox again. it does not deserve that!

14. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
    So who at Sega do we pester to get those levels as DLC? Because I want them very muchly. Or should we just post here and hope that they see it? If so, count this as my vote.

15. The Taxman

The Taxman

Tech Member

Well to be honest, it's not impossible if significant demand was there. Maybe let Ken, Kellie or Julian know?

16. MathUser

MathUser

3rd top wiki contributor Researcher
    I also made a wiki page for Final Fever, mostly with Taxmans own words. Final Fever

17. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    I'm also on the boat for paying for Sonic CD DLC. The level art in these has a very Sonic-y 90s style to them, and I love it. Very kind of you to share all of this with us! Final Fever sounds like it would be a true final boss for Sonic CD, optimizing the time travel gimmick and all.

18. Interest building extremely high.

brb gonna pester someone to make a topic about it on the sega forum

19. Machenstein

Machenstein

My vote goes to Sonic CD DLC as well. From the description of the Final Fever boss, the trick to beating this invincible robot would be to go back to the past and destroy parts of the robot as they are being made, thus weakening the robot in the present. If I am correct, that would easily be the coolest boss fight the series would ever have.

20. OKei

OKei

OKeijiDragon Member
    They should go die. At some cold quiet deep corner in hell.

Insta-purchase.

They come to these forums right? We should make some voices known. I really like your proposed stages Taxman, and I hope we get to see them in some form in the near future.