don't click here

Sonic 4: Episode 2 Discussion

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Chimpo, Dec 29, 2011.

1. dsrb

dsrb

^ http://forums.sonicretro.org/index.php?showtopic=27501&view=findpost&p=686277

2. JennyTablina

JennyTablina

Oldbie
    Sonic 4: Episode 2 conflicts me a lot

As a lot of people have already noted, they HAVE fixed much of the main issue with physics and the way the game looks. But Level design feels iffy, I don't know if thats because of the shoehorned attempts to use combo moves or just the fact they overused certain elements in levels, or that theres still stupid bits that result in pit death, but this time theres a "get out of jail" card with Tails

It looks fantastic, and I love having Tails as a useful ally again, but something still feels off.

3. Rosie

Rosie

aka Rosie Member
    I just wish the combo fly could be more easily abused, such as after being hit. It would make the pits much less annoying.

4. synchronizer

synchronizer

So is it confirmed that the red rings do absolutely nothing? How did Polygon Jim play as Tails alone?

5. FeliciaVal

FeliciaVal

Spain
    yes, it's confirmed. And I don't know, probably he made some modifications to the game

6. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Look at that. See how easy a change that would have been that impacted nothing but just was BETTER. I still fail to see why this wasn't fixed.

7. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Tails alone is just a hack. You can't get past certain obstacle as Tails alone- the snow in White Park 1 needs a combo roll, and the Ring Shooters in Sky Fortress 3 require a Homing Attack to open.

8. TheInvisibleSun

TheInvisibleSun

OVER THE TOP TECHNO-BLAST Member
    Buffalo, NY, USA
    The Water
    The Red Rings must do SOMETHING; it would be a bit stupid, and ridiculous move for them to be pointless (Actually, it would be a bit hilarious and trollish). Maybe it unlocks some kind of future DLC?

9. Knucklez

Knucklez

I love 2B 'n' ass. Member
    Don't nag me for asking at this point in time, cause I'm honestly unaware, but this game can only be played as Sonic & Tails right? Is there no option to play as Sonic or Tails?

I mean way to keep this shit classic.. force a tag-team style of gameplay without any way of playing through with one character alone. I guess it's not an option. They made Sonic 4 episodic because it plays exactly like a movie, the director's way.

10. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    Someone at Dimps needs to be slapped for that Super Sonic oversight. I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt and assume that it IS and oversight, cause for it to be intentional would indicate some serious conceptual problems.

11. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Yeah, you can't play as Sonic or Tails alone. And the only way to even play as Tails is to use multiplayer mode, which is a bloody nightmare might I add. You can't change it so Tails is the leader with Sonic as the partner.

12. Yuzoboy

Yuzoboy

UK
    It looks like the physics are somewhat fixed in Episode II. Im just dissapointed that Super Sonic still has those weird physics, surely its going to be fixed in a patch?

13. FeliciaVal

FeliciaVal

Spain
    im just keeping my hopes up for PSN and XBL users. Probably in those platforms it will unlock something but I don't really have my hopes really high...

14. Maybe the red rings will give you an achievement like the gold medals in 06? If so, I'd be incredibly disappointed.

15. FeliciaVal

FeliciaVal

Spain
    yeh, that's what I've been reading on youtube. They only give you an achievement, nothing else. Here is a guy trying to beat all bosses with Super Sonic to see if it unlocks something else rather than a lousy achievement but apparently he is having trouble with the final boss, but as I said, I'm having some hopes that PSN and XBL versions will be full and we'll have something extra

16. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion

17. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    The PSN demo is up. White Park Act 1 with a 2:00 time limit. Seriously SEGA? Giving us only one Act ~AND~ a time limit?

18. FeliciaVal

FeliciaVal

Spain
    ow I hope it's not only that...

19. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

It gets worse. Once you get to a certain point, the demo ends anyway regardless of whether or not you have time on the clock

20. Falk

Falk

I NEED MY ACHIEVEMENT POINTS