don't click here

Sonic 4: Episode 2 Discussion

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Chimpo, Dec 29, 2011.

1. steveswede

steveswede

Ask my hand
    Fighting against the Unitary State of Europe
    I smell a potential parody for this combining videos of Ken Balough saying that they fixed the physics stopping Sonic falling like a rock.

2. FeliciaVal

FeliciaVal

Spain
    And now I'm thinking that probably that ending is meant to be that way, if we go back to Episode 1 once again and remember the erm...ending that game had, the only surprising fact was that small bit with Metal Sonic, for the rest of the ending it was like Sonic's 1 regular/bad ending...no purpouse whatsover yet they still did an Episode 2, so maybe they'll do the same for Episode 3, I'm not sure (and probably I'm not really making sense at all :/ )

3. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    The only files that changed between the beta and final are the executable, the launcher, and the shaders. Everything else - level layouts, music, etc, - is identical.

4. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I have a 99.99% feeling that what I'm about to say is crap, but I wonder if the console version will actually have some of these problems addressed? After all, Generations for the PC had more problems then the console version, likely indicating that it was a slightly older build than the final console version that worked well enough to be released as was. Perhaps the same applies here (At least for Super Sonic physics and maybe the ending. I doubt they'd give the shaft on content to PC players, so I bet the red rings still do nothing).

\/ Nothing concrete yet, but probably tomorrow.

5. Vinchenz

Vinchenz

Yo! Hustle! Hustle! Member
    Well, game is not out on App Store yet... If I recall Episode 1 came out first on iOS.

Anyone know when it should be out?

6. FeliciaVal

FeliciaVal

Spain
    well...he was right! they fixed Sonic, they didn't talk about Super Sonic...lol (ok, don't throw me rocks for the stupid joke xD)

7. steveswede

steveswede

Ask my hand
    Fighting against the Unitary State of Europe
    :) I knew someone would say something like this at some point, but there is the point that Sonic and Super Sonic are the same character.

8. FeliciaVal

FeliciaVal

Spain
    yeah I know...but such a pity they just focused on normal Sonic, perhaps since Super Sonic is 'easy mode' they didn't really care on fixing it since people would just ya know...gotta go fast and stuff XD;

9. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

Whetehr it was intentional or not (and don't get anyone started, it's exhausting) I really wouldn't pray for/mention/hope/believe/imagine/wish- whatever word you might wanna use- that Super Sonic is going to be fixed for any version of Episode II.

Also, no one seems to have any idea when it's out on iOS. SEGA aren't good at remembering dates.

10. RetroKoH

RetroKoH

Project Sonic 8x16
    That's obvious... They botched the PSN release... those fuckers.
    Oh well, in the meantime I snagged Sonic CD off PSN (despite already owning it on iOS). Worth it...

Oh... and I'd put nothing past SEGA. They either borked Super's physics intentionally, or don't give a shit... Super Sonic in Generations, anyone?? That was the first game I didn't really want to play as Super Sonic...

As for Balough's comments... Just take what he says with a grain of salt...

11. FeliciaVal

FeliciaVal

Spain
    botched PSN release? what does it mean?

12. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHvOK2BIZ5w&feature=g-all-u

Launch Trailer. Looks like the iOS version comes out thursday

Oh and they didn't botch anything, Sony just sucks with updating the playstation store

V I was just thinking that last night

13. Machenstein

Machenstein

Guys I just realized something.

Today is Tuesday.

Does that mean today is Sonic 4 Episode Twosday?

14. TheInvisibleSun

TheInvisibleSun

OVER THE TOP TECHNO-BLAST Member
    Buffalo, NY, USA
    The Water
    But its not a BUG, it's a FEATURE!

15. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Shut up tweaker.

Fine them they'll add another feature via patch

16. Knucklez

Knucklez

I love 2B 'n' ass. Member
    Where Episode 1 failed, on the most part, they fixed in Episode 2. Where Episode 1 didn't screw up, Episode 2 somehow managed to... I just love how things work.

17. TheInvisibleSun

TheInvisibleSun

OVER THE TOP TECHNO-BLAST Member
    Buffalo, NY, USA
    The Water
    Seriously though, neglecting Super Sonic's physics (or intentionally leaving them broken, if you will) was a boneheaded move, and I doubt it'll go without backlash or consequence. Breaking the game with Super Sonic isn't nearly as fun when his physics don't work like Sonic's.

18. Rosie

Rosie

aka Rosie Member
    Aww man, why did I have to run out of money yesterday? >.<

19. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    The game is now up on the Playstation Network. Downloading now.

Playstation downloads sure do take forever for some reason.

20. So does the PC version look like jaggy crap like Sonic 4 Ep I and the Ep II Beta?