don't click here

Sonic 4: Episode 2 Discussion

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Chimpo, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

We've been through this before, but because you seem not to be getting it I'll say it again. The game has three individual characters- Sonic, Tails and Super Sonic. There are some behaviours governed by the overall physics of the game (standing on walls) and others are set specifcally for each character (jump height, acceleration/deceleration). The former has an effect on Super Sonic by default, the latter however was left untouched from E1 because unlike Sonic and Tails, Super isn't blatantly right in your face. It's clearly not intentional, but instead an incredibly stupid oversight from the development team that have proven themselves incompetent on a number of occasions.

The reason they didn't change it between the the beta and the final is because they either didn't ever notice or they would have to go through arduous QA to ensure fixing Super didn't break the game (the same reason the physics weren't touched during the E1 delay).

2. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

I'm not here to cause an argument, and I realise what you're saying, but there's no way I'm taking it that "SEGA FORGOT HURRDURR" when frankly it's the most obvious thing to forget and something pretty basic. Yeah Sonic 4 had odd physics, but that was intentional to the design of the game from the get go. I'm not saying they built Super Sonic in EpII from the ground up, I am already well aware of the process now thank you. What I'm saying is that it is intentional, as it was quite obvious before when his physics hadn't been changed that they wanted it that way due to the way he plays in the past games. Call it laziness or whatever, but it's intentional, no doubt.

If they really forgot to programme a msot obvious part of the game, then fuck me, SEGA must be smoking pot and really have no clue how to treat a game. Considering what Episode II is as a package, I can't believe that for a second, not anymore.

3. corneliab

corneliab

Since you insist on repeating yourself over and over, I'm going to do the same. The behavior is more indicative of an oversight than an intentional feature. "Quite obvious"? My foot.

Give it a fucking rest, holy shit.

4. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

Well you obviously care so much about what I'm saying, so maybe I'll repeat myself too.

Since none of us here have the facts, it's opinions all round. I'm sorry that mine's wrong alright? :( :( :(

5. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    Gee freakin' whiz guys, at the end of the day it is what it is and it's not going to change, it doesn't matter if Speedstar's wild theory is right or not.

I'm enjoying the Steam version so far. It seems to run a little smoother than the Beta did on my machine, for whatever reason. It's getting a bit late for me though, so I'm gonna catch a few Z's before tackling the last three Emeralds and the rest of the game. I look forward to any changes you guys log between now and when I'm among the living once again.

6. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

So for those of you wanting to see the secret ending from the Red Rings, the one that was presumed missing from the Beta dude to the unused files, have a gander at this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQvOEJ-vyKA

Yep, you're missing nothing. Looks like they really don't want to commit to an Episode 3 at all.

Still adds up to being the biggest Classic game by numbers though, cause the combination of E1, E2 and EM has more acts than any of the Megadrive games. It's the biggest by technicality, cause S3K is still a larger game (more zones, longer acts, three playable characters, VS mode, better in every way etc etc ).

7. corneliab

corneliab

There are facts relating to the situation, which you're ignoring just so you can blindly claim how "obvious" your hilariously outspoken view is. I remember doing a whole writeup on this a few weeks ago, why don't you dig that thing up and read it again.

Opinions can't be wrong, but they can be unconvincing and stupid as hell.

This is why I'm upset about it! Super Sonic's behavior is a dumb quirk that shouldn't be in the game. I find it insulting that someone would try to rationalize it as anything other than a flaw, especially when the argument made makes no sense, does not even try to address the points leveled against it, and manages to carry such a tone of certainty regardless.

8. 1stKirbyever

1stKirbyever

So finished Co-op via stream. If you want to see the silliness and such, here is a link to the full thing

I'm uploading it to Youtube but I don't know how long it'll take.

EDIT: I was Sonic and my friend RPG from The Sonic Center was Tails.

9. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

I'm not ignoring it, I've said I'm aware of how the game is built. This is some proper rage right here. :v:

I see your'e upset, you're upset that Super Sonic doesn't control how you want it to. Don't take it out on me. I wasn't the one who decided at SEGA that Super Sonic should control that way, and they did decide it- it's not something they've left out, because it's blatently obvious even to Sonic Team that things like this are tested early on, and they would have tested Suepr Sonic worked to begin with. The game was mostly complete for a month or so from what it looks like anyway.

Anyway, no point arguing this, it is what it is and no amount of nerdrage is going to resolve the problem.

10. AnimatedAF

AnimatedAF

Bah, I was hoping there would be a demo on Steam. If I'm gonna buy this it'll be on PS3, but wanna try a demo first to decide wherever I'll wait for a price drop or not.

11. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

If you thought Episode I was not worth the money, this is £9.99 on Steam, the levles are much longer, the storyline better, and the physics and graphics are mroe polished too. I'd definitely get it while it's hot. Plus you get to play the game early, no one likes to wait for games, that's no fun!

12. AnimatedAF

AnimatedAF

I have plenty of games in my backlog to play so I'm in no hurry to grab this, but if I find myself enjoying the demo I might grab it sooner rather than later.

13. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Super Sonic still drops like a rock and the red rings don't do shit?

Are we sure they didn't release beta 8 again?

14. FeliciaVal

FeliciaVal

Spain
    ya know I was thinking the same... lets hope the PSN/XBOXL will be different

15. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I decided to post something about this on the Sega Boards so Ken might be able to at least address my concerns. Hopefully we get an answer.

Seriously if all the red rings do are achievements I'll feel gipped. I don't care about achievements. At all. In fact I wish they didn't exist. What's the point of running around and finding shit if said shit doesn't do anything?

16. RetroKoH

RetroKoH

Project Sonic 8x16
    Speaking of which, I'm trying to get the PSN download... but it isn't showing up. The release date is today... what gives???

17. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Oh that's simply a matter of they suck when it comes to updating the Playstation store. If it's anything like Ep 1, expect it to pop up around 6PM.

Ya I know I hate it too.

18. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

PSN (and XBLA) updates during the day, and specific o'clock or something. It's not like Steam which constantly rolling.

@ GagaMan: There'll definitely be a demo on PSN later today when the game is up. Try that out. If you liked E1 and thought it was worth the price, buy E2 without a second thought. If you hated E1, you'll probably feel the same about E2. There's some middle ground too, but even then I'd still suggest you hold back and wait for a sale.

19. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

PS3 players had the same problem last time didn't they?

I think the Wii updated about 7am in the morning with Ep I which sucked, I was up loads of the night for it waiting, which is incredibly sad.

20. SSE

SSE

OWCH! Sharp.
    United States
    Sonic The Hedgehog Mega Blitz
    Horay! Sonic 4: Episode II Day is finaly here! I can just tell it will be awesome! :v:

PS: This could be my last forum post, so I thought I would save it for this moment.