don't click here

The Supreme Topic of 'Other' Knowledge.

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by McGuirk, Jan 10, 2007.

1. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    ^It beats like 75% of the crap art that was in that comic. Seriously, even if the plot is better then the Archie comics at some points, wtf is with the art? It's just bad IMO (Granted, the Archie art was also consistently bad up until issue 160 or so when they decided to add some consistency in the art style).

2. Jayextee

Jayextee

Unpopular Opinions™ Member
    Atro City
    I DONE MAKED GAMES.
    I know, right? I mean Lew draws a bit loose and lumpy, but I like his work nonetheless. Some of the shapes here remind me a lot of the early Archie stuff, actually.

3. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Ya I was gonna say, it reminds me a lot of Scott Shaw's art style.

Like wtf is this all about:

[​IMG]

4. Herm the Germ

Herm the Germ

Hmm, not bad. Well done, doctor! Member
    Dresden, Saxony, Germany
    MIDI-to-SMPS-conversions, mostly. Takin' requests, too.
    Well, obviously, they were trying to emulate the shitty Sonic 3D head on the upper left :v:

5. dsrb

dsrb

Oh lol! I mean, I'm no artist and all those disclaimers, but I've never seen Sonic look so pudgy and geeky; it's simultaneously hilarious and unsettling.

In any case, yes, StC had some real clangers, even in my very limited reading. They clanged in a different way from this, though!

6. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    This isn't really surprising since Sonic Team are in charge these days, but Puyo Puyo!! (20th anniversary) has a hidden Green Hill Zone background

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DD4WnPgyLE

not that it has much of a point or anything

7. NickW

NickW

Not really, it's just a texture hack. There's no hidden GHZ background in the game.

8. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    What would be the best tool for viewing sprites in Chaotix? Chaotix Art Editor gave me an error upon loading. All I'm really looking to get is the mace sprites from the Special Stages, hence why screenshots alone aren't very helpful.

9. Adamis

Adamis

Gimme waffles! Oldbie
    Belgium
    Lammy and "Fafnir"
  10. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Welp, that settles it, that book needs to be dug through for new stuff. it even fucking covers X-treme!

11. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
  12. Adamis

Adamis

Gimme waffles! Oldbie
    Belgium
    Lammy and "Fafnir"
    Once I recieve the book, I'll scan it.

13. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    Why have I not heard of this until now? http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/play!-video-game-symphony/id302037897

I have "Level 1" of the Video Game Music Live set, but this is a completely different album by completely different people!

14. Andlabs

Andlabs

「いっきまーす」 Wiki Sysop
    Writing my own MD/Genesis sound driver :D
    Try this?

15. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    I am pretty certain that I have never seen this art for Sonic Unleashed before (not sure if this particular piece qualifies as "Concept Art" as it is under their separate "Illustration" section), and since I followed news of it rather carefully back in the day I'm assuming that it was never posted here. If it has, then trash this post.

http://www.massiveblack.com/MBwebolution/media/illustration/SEGATraproomFLAT.jpg
    (You'll have to scroll to the right on their page to see it's source, also when looking through their site some images may not be safe for work)
    http://www.massiveblack.com/MBwebolution/illustration/2/

Also I know I saw art of the broken planet, and another of a pretty badass Dark Gaia but I...seem to have lost it. I'll be looking around after I post this.

EDIT 2: Found it. A couple of images were shown in game but the rest seems to be new: http://www.massiveblack.com/MBwebolution/projects/SonicUnleashed/

16. ashthedragon

ashthedragon

Sonic Paradise Researcher
    Spain
    Sonic Paradise & Sonic Ages
    Isn't that massive black the ones who also made concepts of shadow the hedgehog and furry looking sonic for 2006, or am I mistaken? God, I loved that fluffy Sonic

17. Adamis

Adamis

Gimme waffles! Oldbie
    Belgium
    Lammy and "Fafnir"
    As promised, I've scanned the Aquatic Ruins picture.

[​IMG]

18. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    I love that ARZ artwork. The lion head waterfall reminds me of Labyrinth zone. Shame some of the stuff in concept art doesn't make it to the final. The waterfalls add to the stages character.

I found the sprites I needed, and then some! Thanks. :)

[​IMG]
    When was this pose used in-game? :psyduck:

19. Rosie

Rosie

aka Rosie Member
    I don't know how well known this is, but Knuckles deflects projectiles when gliding.

20. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Can I have a Sonic game that looks like this (Only less markery)? Please?