don't click here

Can't Touch This Battery

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by MarkoMan, Jul 6, 2010.

1. Yuzoboy

Yuzoboy

UK
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_U97mosu-c[/youtube]

Completed a Beastie Boys mix using the Bad Future version of Collision Chaos.

2. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    Wow! This is a near perfect fit! And it explains why it sounded more than familiar the first tiem I heard LP's song.

Haha, this blew my mind!

Great Mix!

3. Yeah, good job on that Yuzo. That Beastie Boys mash up kicks ass.

I like it when the mash-upers do tributes for fallen musical heroes. Who was it that did the Whitney Houston song mashed up with Chrome Gadget zone? That was fantastic and I still listen to that on a weekly basis. :colbert:

4. TheInvisibleSun

TheInvisibleSun

OVER THE TOP TECHNO-BLAST Member
    Buffalo, NY, USA
    The Water
    That was made by MixerProductions/Renegade, and sadly, got taken down. :(

5. Super lame! What the hell is it with these companies? Do they think people won't buy Whitney Houston albums or MP3s because they can get it mixed with Sonic music? Freakin' weirdos...

6. Yuzoboy

Yuzoboy

UK
    Thanks Friend Of Sonic:) I think the video was removed because Youtube have wised up to the mirrored videos that were avoiding copyright detection. It is a great mix from a great mixer!

7. Hey Yuzo, while you're here, I downloaded a good chunk of the MJ mashups. I love Flying Diana Zone so much

8. TheInvisibleSun

TheInvisibleSun

OVER THE TOP TECHNO-BLAST Member
    Buffalo, NY, USA
    The Water
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwoyCTkBoQQ&feature=fvwrel[/youtube]

Besides a few editing hiccups, this is a wonderful mashup.

9. BlackFive

BlackFive

And now for something slightly different...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rG3z-Cc_WNw&list=UUULGREstUZ39X1HE4zo7QXg&index=1&feature=plcp[/youtube]

This mashup is more in the vein of Sonic CD 6290 or Sonic Blast! than most mashups here.

10. Yuzoboy

Yuzoboy

UK
    Glad you enjoyed them, been looking into a few Sonic Heroes and 3d Blast mixes for the next update:) Rusty Ruins Act 2(Saturn) with History by MJ is a possibility.

11. Do it, dooooo it. I love the Rusty Ruins tracks from the Saturn version.

Any Tupac mixes in the pipeline? Those are equally awesome.

12. mitaknight

mitaknight

Pending Member
    Gangnam
    Mashup the Hedgehog

made this just for you bro. ;D

13. Yuzoboy

Yuzoboy

UK
    Very nice mix, a brilliant combination:)
    @Friend Of Sonic - Nothing majorly in the pipeline with Tupac yet, but im sure to get around to it in the near future, thanks:)

14. Now that was unexpected...

15. Ch1pper

Ch1pper

Fighting the Battle of Who Could Care Less Member
    Life.
    Welp, I wound up spending tonight hammering out some rough ideas of a few mashups I've had in the back of my mind for a while.

They're merely WIP versions I did for the sake of getting something done. I may or may not come back to them, but I wanted to at least put out some rough ideas. If anyone else wants to use these ideas, by all means, go for it.

Terminal Velocity x Skyscraper Scamper (Day)
    (Respective Tempos: 87.5 BPM and 77.5 BPM)

Lost Impact x Sky Troops
    (Respective Tempos: 131.1 BPM and 142 BPM)

One of these days I'll have to map out each section of Lost Impact and Sky Troops. Each of them have to be edited/cut around at certain points to flow reasonably well. I feel like I could come up with a decent layout if I plan it out.

Terminal Velocity and Skyscraper Scamper can generally play alongside one another with little meddling; save for one of them looping once afterwards while the other only plays once through.

Apologies in advance if volumes are fucked up; I'm lacking headphones at the moment and had to rely on standard laptop speakers. :v:

Suggestions, criticism, etc. are welcome.

16. Retroman

Retroman

Back in Competition
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjzUgo4Ru34

Why doesn't embeded code work?

17. KeathalKrisom

KeathalKrisom

18. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member

So who's going to be the brave soul to mash this up with Oil Ocean?

19. Ch1pper

Ch1pper

Fighting the Battle of Who Could Care Less Member
    Life.
    Miniboss is better, because it's nearly in-tune. :v:

EDIT

I just spent a good hour or so messing around with this idea before Mixcraft finally crashed on me. I did write down the tempos for each song though. OOZ comes first when lining them up; IIRC there's a one step difference between semitones.
    Processed Beats - 106.7 BPM
    Oil Ocean Zone - 121.7 BPM

20. Arique

Arique

SHUWATCH! Member

EDIT: I went ahead and added Afro Circus to the rest of the Sonic 4 Episode II soundtrack. Download it and annoy all of your friends with orchestral feline masterpieces, synthetic waterfowl masterpieces, and Circuses of the Afro Variety. http://www.mediafire.com/?ud94c4u514ilmg4